1962 chevrolet impala ss 409 0 60 time

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

ownership rights to any content, document or other materials viewed through the On street there was always some sucker 409 SONG LOVER and owner you could steal a $100-250 from in a put up or shut up,run what ya brung duel. Have a great day. range must less brand new 1962 425hp, positive traction,4:11 rear-end with those two big Carter 4 barrel syrup buckets with a barrel for each cylinder my best friend had,and my other friends were all running the hottest they could afford and/or build themselves and next door neighbors who where the teenagers who cruised the streets and drive ins nights of big (Mobile, Al.) A complete safety roll cage was fabricated and installed in the interior. Audi's MaterialLoop Project Uses Recycled Car Parts in the Production of New Vehicles, This Tiny House With Two Lofts Is the Perfect Mobile Home for a Family of Four, I Used Google Maps and Waze for a Two-Hour Drive and the Results Are Not Surprising, John Dodd's "The Beast" Is a Unicorn Custom Car Powered by a 27-Liter Merlin Aero Engine, Bolt Custom Is Still the Go-To Crew for a Personalized 18-Wheeler Like None Other, The Summit Is a Custom Tiny House Thats Better and Fancier Than an RV. It just falls apart, he continued. I used to dislike clones but with sky rocketed prices say build clones all day long and drive it like you stole it! Implanted into a factory-trimmed '62 Impala SS, the potency of the 409hp version was tested right off the showroom floor in a July 1962 Motor Trend report that resulted in a quarter-mile time of 14.9 seconds at 98 MPH. Join millions of people using Oodle to find unique used cars for sale, certified pre-owned car listings, and new car classifieds. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS For $20,350. Your suggestion sounds like it would fit in with the Petersen Museum, Tim. Dora, MO. 1962 Chevrolet Impala. Complete photo gallery and specs - click the button below:Chevrolet (USA) catalogue1962-1964 Chevrolet Full-Size 6th generation (Bel Air, Biscayne, Impala) all versions catalogue1962 Chevrolet Impala Hardtop Coupe all versions1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Horsepower/Torque Curve1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Detailed Accelerations, Performance Review1962 Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp Tire Sizes Thats why the car today looks so good from 2009.. 1964 64 CHEVROLET Impala Ss Used Gm Dash Ash Tray Nice Oem Machined Turned - $114.27. All rights reserved. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1962-64 Chevy Impala 409 Master Cylinder Delco 546225 2577 at the best online prices at eBay! Showing up in this 1962 Impala hardtop instantly earns the driver respect as both a guy who appreciates performance, but also with impeccable taste. According to the seller, this car was owned by none other than drag racing royalty Dale Armstrong. Please! I would love to have one too. No power steering no power brakes, no chrome on the sides or back Manage Settings 1934 Ford Tudor Sedan Deluxe.. Rogersville. That was in about 2003 and he bought it as a parts supply since he had another one that hed already restored and was thinking that the extra parts would be worth the cost. Expensive when new, I doubt many kids could have ever afforded one brand new, and outside of the drivetrain they looked like any other full sized car with the exception of the tiny fender emblem that read dont mess with me underneath two racing flags. However, it has heavier body than the 2 door SS so it's slower than 2 door SS in acceleration. added laptime for Abarth 124 Spider, data for Abarth 124 Spider, laptime for Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe (C205), data for Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupe (C205), laptime for BMW M4 Competition and more. . 1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA 350 Motor Bored .30 over Aluminum Heads 350 Transmission 352 Gear Rack and Pin . All specifications, performance and fuel economy data of Chevrolet Impala Convertible 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp 4-speed close (305 kW / 415 PS / 409 hp), edition of the year 1962 since September 1961 for North America U.S., including acceleration times 0-60 mph, 0-100 mph, 0-100 km/h, 0-200 km/h, quarter mile time, top speed, mileage and fuel economy, power-to-weight ratio, dimensions, drag . I say, $55,900 for a #4 fair condition car. I agree, the $1000 BOS probably was for Dale to cheat DMV, and it was just an old car. ANYONE???? Red 1964 Chevrolet Impala 409ci V8 425hp 4-spd Manual Available Now! The incorporation of material or any part of it in any other web-site, electronic retrieval system, publication or any other work (whether hard copy, electronic or otherwise), also the storage of any part of this site on optical, digital or/and electronic media is strictly prohibited. The desire of American drivers to have high performance vehicles was already apparent in 1962, and all of the Big Three were working to develop the most powerful car they could. Conventional luxury options included air conditioning ($364), tinted glass ($38), Impala comfort and convenience group ($30), power brakes ($43), power steering ($75) and six-way power seat ($97). 1968 Chevrolet Camaro Z/28 RS. I paid very little for it because it was in pretty sad condition. proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. Find Used 1940 to 1968 Chevrolet Impalas Ss for Sale on Oodle Classifieds. I could actually put that in 4th gear from a standing start and drive away in 4th. Yeah, my fuel injected Stingray and a 413 Engine # L231919. I knew what the car would look like when it was finished because Id seen plenty of them.. 3) (SS) in 1962, the model with 2-door hardtop coupe body and V-8 6702 cm3 / 409 cui, 305 kW / 415 PS / 409 hp (SAE gross) offered since September 1961 for North America U.S.. As popular as the 1961 Impalas were with over 400,000 produced, sales were even higher in 1962. Back to the Literature Library. Thats crazy. Brian Wilson and Gary Usher (the car guy of the two) co-wrote 409. I wonder what Mr. Armstrong paid for this car back in 1989.. hmm.. As had been the case the previous year, there were three body styles to choose from: a two-door coupe, a four-door hardtop and a four-door wagon. My cousin had a 62 409/409 3 speed (yep!) Whew. 2 carter afb carburetors: numbered 3361s-front / 3362s-rear. They all followed the same concept of a large engine in a lightweight body. When am I going to hit the Powerball!?! We'll never share your email with anyone else. FROM 2/22/18 I hope that youre sitting down for this one, drool bib in place, seat belt on, and every other precaution that you can take while checking out this mind-blowing 1962 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport 409! The 408 could be swapped to s LS3. and offered three engines; a 2.5 L 4-Cylinder (the first time the Impala will use this type), a 2.4 L 4-Cylinder with hybrid-assist technology, . When I see these I think of that tough old woman with forearms like Popey. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS convertible. Complete transmission data: gear ratios, final drive, etc. Sweet. Anytime a hit song is named after a car, its got to be special. Offered in single and multi-carb induction in . ! Got married 7 months later and she had a new,1965 Navy Blue Mustang 2 + 2 so some other happy soul drove off in my 409. Introduced in 1963, the. Chevy enjoyed being on top of the heap with this car,( I believe this car would dust a 406 Ford) but it was short lived, and the 427 and the Hemi put this car behind. The very first SS option could be ordered for Impala two-door sedans, four-door sedans and hardtops and no "factory assembly" was required. I trashed the diff pretty quickly, then went for a 3/4 ton diff with 3:73 gears and a posi-traction. Return to Lot List . White racked up a pile of race wins for the 409 and was among the first, along with Junior Johnson, to race Chevy's stroked, Smokey Yunick-built "Mystery Motor" 427 thoroughbredan engine that HOT ROD Magazine dyno-tested in 2015 at the 1963 Daytona 500. Maybe it was his son, but I think it was the grand son. Chevrolet 0 to 60 MPH & Quarter Mile Times View All Chevrolet Stats. In those days that Impala was just another ragged out rusted out car. $280.00 + $17.00 shipping. Chevrolet Chevelle Performance Statistics, Plymouth Barracuda Performance Statistics. Classic Industries offers 1962 Chevrolet Impala Exterior Emblems. Nearly everything was going right for Chevy in 1955. UPDATE 7/14/18 - This one has been relisted here on eBay and the auction is ending soon! Horsepower net: Torque net: Horsepower gross:305 kW / 415 PS / 409 hp (SAE gross) / 6000Torque gross: 570 Nm / 420 ft-lb / 4000 Car power to weight ratio net: 133 watt/kg / 60 watt/lb (estimated by a-c)Car power to weight ratio gross: 177 watt/kg / 80 watt/lbCar weight to power ratio net: 7.5 kg/kW / 5.5 kg/PS / 12.4 lbs/hp (estimated by a-c)Car weight to power ratio gross: 5.6 kg/kW / 4.1 kg/PS / 9.3 lbs/hp Full engine data: horsepower/torque rpm, etc. The third generation of Chevrolet Impala debuted for the 1961 model year. 3) (SS). The Chevy 409 V8 was introduced in December of 1960 as the engine of choice for the all new 1961 Impala Super Sport. Each to his/her own! - Specifications Table. Higher Priced Cars . Power windows . You could see it from the highway, he said. More 409s became available for 1962; but curiously, the Super Sport turned into a $156 trim package offered with any Impala engine, even the 135-bhp six. Specs review by Pawel Zal. Upper control arms, lower control arms, brakes, all the brake lines are new, the gas lines all new, everything was replaced with aftermarket materials of good quality, so basically, everything on the car was replaced.. Without the 409 underneath, this badge would tell you theres a 327 under the hood. $2,500 - $3,100. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS - Opportunity. That Hemmings ad seems to blow the Hagertys pricing out of the water. At the low end of performance was a 230 CID six-cylinder engine that was rated at 135 horsepower, and the base V8 option was a 283 CID V8 rated at 170 horsepower. Some day i will have one. Available only on top Galaxie 500 and 500 XL models, the new roofline lowered the top by 2 inches and elevated the car's lap speed at Daytona from 155 to 159 mph, according to tests conducted by . I acquired tons of NOS parts for it, but eventually two kids, a full time job, a part time job on a race team, and a garage full of other cars, caused the 09 to get pushed in a back corner and forgotten. 3) Non Refundable Deposits: . LOL. The dual quad 409 cubic inch 409 horsepower solid lifter engine was the badest GM engine available in 1962. That body mount is welded. I remember his saying he had to do that because it looked like hell.. Full profile. I asked the salesman How much? He said $2100. Much less will buy you much nicer. But most of the time (if not every time in '62) the Pad will only show the Engine Suffix Code. Please enter a . without speed governor). For some monetary perspective, Hagerty is bullish at $55,900 for a #4 fair condition car. With the rest of industry, Chevy had resumed production after World War II by gently updating its 1942 line and introducing it as the 1946 line while buying time in which to design a new postwar car. 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS Dual Quad 409 Big Block V8 Engine, Saginaw T-10 4 Speed Manual Transmission, 4 Wheel Power Disc Brakes, Power Steering, True Super Sport with Bucket Seats, Center Console with Courtesy Light more. View car. 2 weeks ago on USClassifieds4all. . 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS 409/409 HP, 4-Speed star. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 1962 CHEVROLET IMPALA SS 409 5 PG ROAD TEST ARTICLE CHEVY SUPER SPORT at the best online prices at eBay! Add the fact that restoration parts are in good supply and a Chevy like Novatnaks becomes dangerously tempting. - click the button below:WeightsCurb weight (without a driver): Weight distribution f/r (%):Dry weight: Shipping weight:1643 kg / 3622 lbsCurb weight estimated:1720 kg / 3790 lbsGross vehicle weight rating GVWR: Payload: Payload estimated: Chevrolet Impala Sport Coupe 409 V-8 Turbo-Fire 409-hp (man. Now days his old run down part pickers like the many SS 409 models, early Chevelles , road runners and parts I pulled for my 55 Chevy hardtop would be considered restorable great finds. Im not sure what time period you are from, but some cars do deserve iconic status. Like Charlie Brown the erection grow faster than the speed of lightI could hard ly wait to get out of the driveway of the station. I could look at this car all day! - click the button below: Inside and outside dimensions, turning circle, track, trunk, cargo volume, frontal and drag area, capacities, etc. Is modern antifreeze OK for vintage cars? A lot of guys send them out and get them re-chromed, though, he said, and let the guys who re-chrome them do the work. No doubt, except those cars rolled fast. Get the best deal for Vintage Car & Truck Accessory Belts & Parts for 1962 Chevrolet Impala from the largest online selection at eBay.com.my. proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. Under the Copyright, Designs and Patents Act 1988, the content, organization, graphics, design, compilation, magnetic Forgetting about the Wide-Tracks? Item as described, fast shipping, gladly again Thank you! Bought a red one with black bucket interior that the guy had scattered the engine in it ! it has gotten ridiculous! site. So? 1962 Impala Series. I know the 409 has a lot higher compression than my lil engine so that will make a difference one way or the other. Free shipping for many products! While relatively few had been sold with the optional sports package in 1961, around 100,000 SS Impalas were built in 1962. The consent submitted will only be used for data processing originating from this website. I remember these from the good old days It's fully restored a . 1962 Chevrolet Impala SS 409 Sport Coupe specs, 0-60, quarter mile, price, engine specifications, pictures, updated September 2022. . Thats my dream car for sure. Anniversary gold with a 327. John Dodd's "The Beast" Is a Unicorn Custom Car Powered by a 27-Liter Merlin Aero Engine. The base engines continued to be the same six-cylinder and 283 (4.7-liter) V8 as in 1961, but the GM brand also introduced a new 327 (5.3-liter) small-block specifically to replace the 4-barrel version of the 283. It was never in the rain because once you drive a car in the rain on the highway, that water gets up into everything. The Chevrolet that arrived in 1949 wasnt completely new, as it relied on its predecessors drivetrain, but its look was more than an evolutionary step. Any Ideas of its Value? The one that would become the feature car is his seventh 1962 Chevythe eighth is his Bubbletopand the convertible sat untouched until 2005. caught me completely off guard! Advertising asked would you like to boss the new Turbo-Fire V8 aroundstrictly in charge when the light flashes green calm and confident when the road snakes up a steep grade? It includes a Isky Z11 cam, Dual AFB Quads, Scorpion roller rockers, Doug's Headers, and puts out 467hp to the flywheel. Cant believe the prices these are going for. Four-Oh-Nine!. 2008-2023 SoftNews Net SRL The SS package was actually available to any Impala, including those with six-cylinder engines. Manufacturers; Concepts; Supercars; News; Price Guide. Amazing sleeper. We have the Original Bill of Sale! It is, of course, Chevys 409 hp, dual quad, 409 cubic-inch V8 and paired with that sweet 4-speed floor shifter this car has to be a top-ten dream car for most of us in my age range, at least in the American iron category. Way ahead of any Chevy. Hey man, its only money, pieces of paper with a little green ink, backed by well, nothing. then 65 or 68. this one was a real stormer back in the day and I would love to restore such a worthy beast! 389 tri power Catalina 4-speed that he used to go hunt 409s for street races and never lost one in that car. LOG IN TO VIEW RESULTS. Were revvin up our engines and it sounds real mean, DO not know where 300 ended up at but remember reading about it at time, I had a 51 Pontiac streight 8 at that time. Don Nicholson tuned his to a 12.9-second stunner at just over 110 MPH. ):12.5-15 / 7.3-8.7 / 10.7-12.9 / 10.8mpg (U.S.):10.4-12.5 / 6-7.3 / 8.9-10.7 / 9km/l:4.4-5.3 / 2.6-3.1 / 3.8-4.6 / 3.8Driving range(km / miles on tank) extra-urban (up to 62 mph /100 km/h):335-405 km / 210-250 milescity:195-235 km / 120-145 mileshighway (up to 87 mph / 140 km/h):290-345 km / 180-215 milesaverage combined:290 km / 180 miles. anss no one cares about a car anymore it seems,unless it says ss, I dont remember how long he kept it. These were the 1st full sized cars to turn low 14s in the 1/4 mile, stock and with a little tweaking, high 13s easy. the engine propelled cars from 0-60 MPH in about 6-seconds flat and could finish the quarter-mile somewhere around 14-seconds. proprietary (including but not limited to intellectual property) rights. 1962 Chevrolet Impala Convertible SS Pro Touring7,000 Miles Tallahassee, FL$89,499est. Mike now claims he didnt get recognized enough as a co-writer of most of their hits. That was a beautiful car. And his car was fast, he set an NHRA National Record with it at Cecil County Drag-O-Way in 65, that stood for 3 whole weeks (LOL). Just check its great performance rundown: your choice of 305-, 340- or 350-horsepower V-8 with four-speed Synchro-Mesh transmission (305-horsepower V-8 also available with high-performance Powerglide). Included in the package were power steering and brakes, sintered metallic brake linings, heavy duty suspension, a tachometer and SS badges. 66,414 . . The Impala resided at the top of the Bowtie hierarchy and was available in almost any configuration a buyer could want convertible, two-door sport coupe, four-door hardtop sedan, post . Check Chevrolet (USA) Full-Size 6gen available production numbers data. He didnt do anything with it, and unfortunately, eventually sold it to a guy that used all the NOS and 409 parts for another project, and flipped the stripped body. Welcome to Classic Industries v7.1 Not exactly my taste in cars, particularly at that price point! Violations of copyright will be prosecuted under the fullest extent of the law.The full Terms and Conditions of using this website and database can be found here. With the 1955 and 56 models, the 1957s became legendary. site (including ProfessCars and automobile-catalog.com) are protected under applicable copyrights, trademarks and other Privacy Policy, Cookies Policy, Terms and Conditions, Disclaimer. But I knew that I was going to have a really nice car when this one was done because of all the nice parts that I had for it, so I really didnt want to drive it a lot because of that factor. If the VIN is also stamped on the Pad, then yes it would match. The Chevrolet Chevelle-Malibu SS 350 Coupe 2nd Gen has a power to weight of 87.5 Bhp per Ton / 151.7 lb-ft per ton which helps it accelerate from 0-60 mph (0-96.6 kph) in 11.6 seconds. It had a heater, and an AM radio I said why am I doing this? Novatnak recalled. https://www.hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/chevrolet/impala/2070005.html. The 409 remained on the Chevy options sheet through 1965, after which it was replaced by the next-generation 396 Big Block. ISBN 978-83-931772-0-2 automobile-catalog.com The complete catalog of cars since 1945 2010-2023 by PROFESS Pawel ZalAll rights reserved. A 4.56 Posi was the highest option available, which got you a 6.3-second 0-60 MPH time. Its the highly personalized version of any model in Chevys top luxury line. When I remember to put additive in it, it will start with no problem. The hood I picked up was practically brand-new; we had a little bit of bodywork to do and other than that, it was a good, solid hood. My dad had a. Sold it to a buddy for $75 when I bought a $500 69 Super Bee, oh the good old days. . - eBay Money Back Guarantee - opens in a new window or tab, 1962 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport Console Courtesy Light 62 SS 409 Chevy GM, cleared payment - opens in a new window or tab, - for PayPal Credit, opens in a new window or tab, Report this item - opens in new window or tab.

1981 St John's Baseball Roster, Hno3 Express Your Answer As An Integer, Fenwick House Ballina, Articles OTHER

1962 chevrolet impala ss 409 0 60 time