can rainbow lorikeets eat nuts

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

What flowers can Lorikeets eat? Lorikeet food needs to remain moist in order to be digested properly and bread is far too dry for them to eat. They live so close to us that we think we know everything there is to know about the iconic bird. If given a dry mix or a pellet, theyll drink more to compensate and youll either have a constipated bird, or one who poos a lot of clear liquid. If you find yourself needing to change how a birds digestive system works in order to live with that bird then perhaps you chose the wrong species of bird as a pet? Mix one part honey to nine parts of warm water and one scoop of Ensure. Rainbow lorikeets have methods in eating nectars, fruits, or seeds. How to attract rainbow likes to garden is a question asked by many people. They may also enjoy fruit and insects as well. Loud, belligerent of rainbow lorikeets are the soundtrack of urban Australia. This is particularly true of the African violet, which has very strong flavors. The fruit needs to be ripe when being eaten by lorikeets as they are otherwise too hard for the lorikeets to digest. And here are the photos to prove it ! Many people use honey to attract lorikeets and other birds to their garden, but this is not always safe for the birds. That sounds like common sense but I cant emphasize enough, just how well some of these products are marketed. Welcome to my blog!My name is Andy, and I work as a scientist in biology. Think you know everything about our kaleidoscopic lorikeets? Lories and lorikeetseata high-moisture-containingdiet andhaverelatively short digestive tractswhen compared with other parrots. Is there a natural way to treat for lice and mites on lorrikeets? 4 Keep your lorikeet away from dangerous plants. The flowers must be different types of colors, so that they can easily blend in with the surrounding plants. So please dont just assume a bird food companys marketing has your birds best interest at heart. Some of their favorite fruits that are also easily available . Never leave nectar or pollen substitutes out for a long time due to risk of spoilage. While they look very similar to cherries, which are eaten by lorikeets, tomatoes are actually toxic for rainbow lorikeets. What is a Rainbow lorikeets favourite food? Also some tiny peices of dried fruit. Red squirrels eat nuts as well as tree seeds from coniferous and deciduous species. Most pet owners know about the plants that attract butterflies, but they dont know about the plants that Rainbow Lorikeets will like. In most cases, you will be able to find out quickly and easily. Lorikeet feed emulates real pollen and nectar and is essentially a blend of sugars and nutrients. arrots" because of their unique tongues which are adapted for their highly specialized dietary needs. Plant Gardener is supported by readers. Some of those pellets make excellent training treats for lorikeets. It is said that these strikes were actually eaten by a man in ancient times as part of their diet. successfully maintained on several commercially available brands of. Embossed with Australian Animals, these premium notebooks are perfect for Back To School. He does get a little nippy at times but most of the time he is great, most days he has native plants as well as fruit and veggie smoothie as well as wet and dry mix he also has veggies as well as fruit throughout the day, do you think lm feeding him too much and of the right veggies etc , first time as a bird mama , cheers. wholesome, nutritious food that you and your family eat, can also be offered to your bird but in very small quantities, , and foods high in salt or fat should not. Also, fruit is a major supplement to your lorikeet's nectar diet, so you should feed it things like apples, plums, figs, and grapes. Fruits, nuts and seeds among other natural options are a necessity. Theytend to have firmer stools when eating a pelleted diet. Like with fruit, serve vegetables in very small pieces. And BOOM, just had a big healthy poop. This is because the shell of the seed is too hard for them to break down. Dont feed Rainbow lorikeets with refined honey or other commercial or artificial sugar products. We use Wombaroo Lorikeet and Honeyeater mix. Pale vegetables, with ahigh watercomposition (, iceberg or head lettuce, celery), have very little nutritional value, vegetables must be washed thoroughly to remove chemicals. ories and lorikeets eat spoiled food, they can be. From experience lorikeets are a lot friendlier when theyre not constipated! Sunday Closed Pollen is usually secreted by the male flower cone and looks like fine dust. Rainbow lorikeets are susceptible to lorikeet paralysis syndrome, a condition in which birds are unable to move their body, wings, legs, or head. Most birds need to be feed a balanced diet of fruit, vegetables, dry and ripe seeds, nuts, live food and depending on the species, nectar and/or meat. Are you interested in the backyard birds found in the united states? In the winter, they become very slowidious and can survive on a single type of plant. Dr. Elliott, BVMS, MRCVS is a veterinarian with over 30 years of experience in veterinary surgery and companion animal practice. I put some Aspen shavings in their nest box, but the female, Sidney, throws everything out of the box, and it is quite empty. with drawings of all the backyard birds you have just read about, check out my portfolio over at Redbubble: The Lanshan 1 and the Lunar Solo are both lightweight backpacking tents designed for one person. You can have some plants near the edges or corners of the garden to provide them some shade. These products should be mixedfreshin small quantities witheach feedingandoffered at least twice daily. Rainbow Lorikeets will eat soft fruits and veggies, softened oats, and edible flowers as treats. They do nectar extraction using their brush-tipped tongue after they crush the flower using their bill. They just shouldnt be used to alter a birds digestive pattern. There have also been observations of urban or semi-tame birds eating meat scraps and leftovers. A large variety of diced fruits (seelistbelow)should becut up in pieces andoffered every dayalong with nectar substitute or pellets. How Can I Attract Lorikeets to My Garden? If you feed them a lot of seeds, they will not be able to get enough nutrition to thrive. Looking for a convenient way to access your pets health records, refill prescriptions, view upcoming appointments and more? Many people who have purchased a new pet wonder what they might be able to feed it. The purple-crowned lorikeet features the namesake pale purple-coloured crown, yellow-spotted cheeks and greeny-blue breast. I feed my RL a smoothie made of red yellow orange fruit and veggies and add into his wet mix once a day , after reading about bird tricks lm hoping lm doing the right thing , he was adopted of wires at 3mths old because he couldnt be released, he is full of life and a has a great temperament, loves being around people , he bonded with me the night l got him but he is happy to go to most people , l have done some click training with him , should be doing alot more though . How can you tell a male from a female lorikeet? Rainbow lorikeets can live between 10 and 30 years. One thing that many people dont realize about strikes is that they enjoy eating berries, nuts, and seeds. They also get other fresh veggies, mangos, apples, mullberry branches, and other fresh foods. And this is the case for the rainbow lorikeet. In captivity, they also need to consume a nectar based diet. Currumbin Valley QLD 4223, 07 5533 0381 He keeps dropping them and looking expectantly for me to pick them up :') . wikiHow is where trusted research and expert knowledge come together. In the past the phenomenon has been treated as a joke, but now, wildlife carers are becoming increasingly concerned for the birds during this time. Can lorikeet eat eggs? Different species of birds often require different foods. http://animals.mom.me/adaptations-lorikeet-9218.html, https://vcahospitals.com/know-your-pet/lories-and-lorikeets-feeding, http://www.faunarescue.org.au/bird-lorikeets.htm, http://www.environment.nsw.gov.au/animals/TheDangersOfFeedingLorikeets.htm, https://www.beautyofbirds.com/feedingwildbirds.html, https://lafeber.com/pet-birds/species/rainbow-lory/. . While seeds are not a major part of their diet, some lorikeet species may consume small amounts of seeds or fruits in addition to nectar. For more tips from our Veterinary co-author, including how to maintain health and safety standards for your avian friend, read on! Yes. Pollen is secreted by male seeding plants, and is not the same as nectar - it has a much higher protein content. Personally, I dont entirely dismiss the dry lorikeet pellets that are available. Put food out fresh in the morning and in the late afternoon. However, it is not healthy for lorikeets to et bread. Rainbow lorikeet tongues have a brush-like tip called a papillate appendage, enabling them to collect vast volumes of nectar and pollen efficiently. Lorikeets cannot eat bananas as they will cause diarrhea and tomatoes because they are toxic to them. There are 8 references cited in this article, which can be found at the bottom of the page. . Can rosellas eat banana? 07 5533 0381 Rainbow lorikeet eating berries from a tree in the wild. Papillae are extended while eating to soak the nectars up and gather pollens. Rainbow Lorikeets require larger cages or aviaries, and they love to play and be social. Griffith University's Professor Darryl Jones is shocked. Rainbow lorikeets also consume soft fruits and berries and some insects and invertebrates. Feeding your likes a mixture of fruits, seeds, and vegetation should increase their food intake and help them make a better impression on the seed. Red-collared lorikeets, native to the northern parts of Australia. LEGAL DISCLAIMER: PlantGardener.com is monetized through the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Offer fresh fruits and vegetables every day. Australias red goshawk once ruled the skies. Baby Rainbow lorikeets are fed fruits, nectar and other soft and partially regurgitated foods. The diet of a lorikeet typically mirrors its fruity colours: think bright flowers such as grevilleas, banksias and eucalyptus. The more natural their diets are, the better. These small horned animals are omnivores and eat insects, fruits, leafy vegetables, seeds, bark, grasses, and flowers. Its definitely safe, but needs to be kept in moderation. They also consume soft foods like fruits, berries, blossoms, and buds. Poor nutritionis a commoncause ofmany health problemsin birds. Feeding lorikeets can cause disease and death Necrotizing enteritis A bacteria called clostridia is the organism responsible for the disease Necrotizing enteritis in lorikeets. Instead, please check and see what your avian vet recommends. They are very good climbers and spend most of their time hanging from branches and looking for food. gastrointestinal tract infections with yeast and bacteria. My lorikeet is sneezing heaps but she still is playing and acting like normal, does the sneezing mean much to her health? I receive a lot of messages for help with aggressive lorikeets and before I even think about training techniques, the first question I always ask is what are you feeding it? ), Get the latest Birdfacts delivered straight to your inbox. Because of their diet, lories and lorikeets have a weak gizzard and crop compared to other parrots. In general,birdseating 75-80% oftheirdiet in the form of nectar, pollen, or pellets, donot need supplements. Moth and butterfly pupae are among their favourites, but Rainbow lorikeets are frequently observed eating many invertebrates, including flies, worms, larvae, beetles, spiders and grasshoppers. Apples are a good source of vitamins and minerals for lorikeets, and they help to keep them healthy and active. In the wild, they live about seven to nine years. Like other birds, you want to avoid foods such as avocado and chocolate. Get incredible stories of extraordinary wildlife, enlightening discoveries and stunning destinations, delivered to your inbox. Never feed tea, coffee, alcohol. However, these birds need a lot of attention and should be fed a wide variety of fresh, healthy foods. There is no doubt that Rainbow lorikeets have a sweet tooth! Always monitor the amount of food eaten every day by each bird, especially if birds are housed together. leap 2025 grade 6 ela practice test. In Australia, eucalyptus flowers provide a large percentage of the pollen Rainbow lorikeets require. Nectar is rich in sugars - great for energy - but cannot provide Rainbow lorikeets with all the nutrients they need to survive. Lorikeets can be fed WeetBix, however it should be reserved for treats as opposed to being a regular part of their diet. People who work with lorikeets tend to regularly complain about their birds poo. They are said to be originated from the islands of Seychelles and Bangladesh. Never feed fatty, salty, processed human foods. Sunday Closed Much of their diet consists of non-native species - Rainbow lorikeets love to feed from gardens, farms, orchards and vineyards where non-native fruits and berries are growing. Even when the yeast and sugar are baked, it still remains too dry for lorikeets to consume. Then check out my other blog posts below: Not on the list check out the rest of my posts on backyard birds here! The smallest of all the lorikeets, the little lorikeet is bright green with a red face mask that encircles their beak. Will try different fruits too.". In the wild they feed on the nectar (pollen) of native flowers such as bottlebrush and grevilleas. Lorikeets are nectar feeders. Providing ample fresh water will help support Rainbow lorikeets and other birds. Any ideas for nesting material she might accept??? I mix up the wet mix with pureed fruit. This. Nectar is anything between 15% and 75% sugar and provides tremendous energy, which is partly why lorikeets are so lively! Tamara, my lorikeet at blue ice cream and had blue poo for a short time. Other examples are Melaleuca (from the myrtle family), Angophora (shrub-like trees), Bauhinia (large flowering plants), Xanthorrhoea (grass trees), Bombax (trees in the mallow family) and Verticordia (featherflowers). Some of the best plants to attract rainbow lorikeets include: All of these are readily available at your nursery or local gardening supply center. Yes, lorikeets can eat bananas. In the past the phenomenon has been treated as a joke, but now, wildlife carers are becoming, increasingly concerned for the birds during this time, The odd behaviour first came to attention when, the ABC published images of two lorikeets feeding on meat. Lorikeets typically feed on nectar and pollen and . The site contains tips on how to feed your likes, what foods to provide, and other important facts and information about lorikes. "Feeding nectar and pollensubstitutes can be complicated, as their highsugar content makes them susceptible to rapid spoilage once mixed with water.". comprehensive website devoted to lorikeet care, 15 Plants That Dont Need Fertilizer (A Complete List), 10 Plants That Need Daily Watering (A Quick Guide 2022), How Far Apart To Plant Hostas (Explained), Why is Agapanthus Not Flowering? And theres the scaly-breasted lorikeet, which looks markedly different from other lorikeets as its covered in green feathers with little streaks of yellow. They do not have the beak to open and chew these seeds. Lorikeets will even eat commercially available nectar if youre unable to find any fruit and flowers in your garden.Lorikeets are beautiful visitors to have in your garden. any other member of the fichus or fauna family. Since with cockatiels stinky poop was indicative of illness Im quite worried. To attract more species like the rainbow colors of the lorikes, be careful about the conditions of your bird feeder or nest. so confused. What do rainbow lorikeets eat? Some of the most common houseplants that you can feed to your Lorikeets include: You may also be able to feed your pet daffodils, daisies, and even tulips. This way, your birds wont get confused and will eat all kinds of foods from your array of plants and flowers. Lorikeets should be fed a combination of fruit, blossoms and a well-balanced nutritionally sound, nectar mix. Shes been licking on watermelon, but I also let her slurp up some electrolyte drops. I think shes struggling to poop today. This means that, at zero cost to you, I will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase. They do this using their unique brush-like tongue. This is the total time required to lay the eggs, care for the chicks and for then the chicks to be ready to fledge the nest. Since your garden will now be full of colorful and unique flowers, you must make sure that you give them enough space to move around and explore. Provide a source of water: If you would like to attract rainbow lorikeets, then you should have a source of fresh water readily available. It seems very logical that lorikeets would enjoy eating sunflower seeds as well. Think again. They also do well in indoor environments. They also love to bathe and clean their glorious feathers! This will help boost the population of the rainbow lorikes in your area. Allfruits andvegetables must be washed thoroughly to remove chemicalsbefore they aregiven, and if organic produce is available, it is preferable. Read more about me and the blog on the About page. Bread can be a major source of dietary problems for lorikeets, as well as other birds. Rainbow lorikeets forage food from the canopies of trees and bushes as well as low-lying shrubberies. These include everything from a lack of food for an overly abundant bird to bird feeders putting more meat on the menu. Learn all about birds around the world through our growing collection of in-depth expert guides. Then I often get told about the mess their bird has made when they have tried that in the past. pic.twitter.com/PSdGHyXhXa. You may also want to place a few pieces of cut apple within their range, in order to entice more of the species like the Lorikeet. When you buy with our links, we may earn a commission. This can be made up daily (three level teaspoons of Wombaroo powder to 50mls of warm water) or can be mixed in batches and frozen in ice cube trays. (Complete Guide), Rainbow Lorikeet Nesting: A Complete Guide, What is a Group of Parrots Called? For your rainbow lorikeet to have a healthy and active lifestyle you should make sure that it gets plenty of insects, leafy greens, and the right amount of calcium and other nutrients. Lorikeets should be offered a variety of seasonal flowering plants grevillia, bottle brush, lilly pilly, banksia etc. Loki eating a blueberry. No part of this site may be reproduced without our written permission. selects one type of fruit preferentially, of a lory or lorikeet's diet. Just like with bananas, lorikeets would experience diarrhea if they consumed large quantities of tomatoes. Rainbow lorikeets love pollen and nectar, but they also need fruits to thrive and be healthy. Rainbow lorikeet amongst the callistemon or bottle brush tree flower, feeding on the nectar. Lorikeets are primarily nectar-feeding birds and have a unique brush-tipped tongue that helps them to extract nectar from flowers. Rainbow lorikeets eat many species of fruits. You can also place nectar in the water dish to encourage them to come over for both feeding opportunities. Chocolate, coffee and avocado are toxic to many birds, including Rainbow lorikeets. Theres undoubtedly more to it than that - read on to learn more about the diet and feeding habits of this fantastic bird! While they have some, We all know that waterproof jackets are essential for staying dry in the elements but not everyone knows just how, I was really excited to try out the Naturehike Mongar 2 Person Backpacking Tent for my latest camping trip. Information supplied by (c) Currumbin Valley Vet Services August 2010. Some of the staple flowers consumed by Rainbow lorikeets are Eucalyptus, Banksia, Hibiscus, coconut plants, Grevilleas and Callistemon (bottlebrushes). Log in 24/7 to access your pets health care information. Its a disturbing sight to see, and bird experts say its not a good thing for specialist nectar and pollen feeders to be gorging on minced meat. Many pet owners are surprised to discover that some of the flowers that they are feeding their lorikes actually are not all that appetizing for the birds! From dingos to Tasmanian devils rewilding carnivores could be a powerful conservation tool, Australian Geographic Society Expeditions, Entries now open for the Australian Geographic Nature Photographer of the Year competition, Environmentalists, Conservationists and Scientists. . Rather than spending time trying to hide the bird food from your pet, try leaving it out so that the bird can actually get a taste of it. Lorikeets are naturally nectar feeders. During winter, rainbow lorikeets may begin to eat a variety of evergreen flowers as well as fruit. . There should also be enough shade and moisture in your garden. Ensure is available over the counter from the local Pharmacy. However, rainbow lorikeets dont really eat sunflower seeds in the wild. Rainbow lorikeets do not solely feed on plant foods - they do also consume some insects and invertebrates. (Yes, heres how). One of the most common types of flowers for a pet lorikeet to eat is a houseplant. As an option, you can provide your lorikeet with soft seeds every so often. Many pet store brands of Lori Wet or Dry are no more than sweetened flour rice flour and glucose and are vitamin/mineral deficient. Lories and lorikeets, of food through the gastrointestinal tract which is why, owners assume they are feeding a proper diet to their, . Whilst it might be tempting to feed Rainbow lorikeets with honey, sugar water or other highly sugar-rich foods, they are poor at digesting commercial and artificially refined sugars. If thequality of your tap wateris poor,considerusingbottled water. Lorikeets are a nectar feeder so you need to start planning their diet with a wet and dry nectar food, there are many commercial mixes on the market. Lories and lorikeets have highly specialized dietary needs. If you have a pet Rainbow lorikeet, it will appreciate a diet rich in natural pollen and nectar-producing blooming plants. Lories and lorikeets have highly specialized dietary needs. {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/22\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/22\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-1-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-1-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

License: Creative Commons<\/a>
\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/2\/2f\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-2-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-2-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/0\/00\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-3-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-3-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/7\/76\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/7\/76\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-4-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-4-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e4\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e4\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-5-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-5-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/a\/a4\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/a\/a4\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-6-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-6-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/6\/61\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/6\/61\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-7-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-7-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/e\/e5\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-8-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-8-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/1\/17\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-9-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-9-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

\n<\/p>

\n<\/p><\/div>"}, {"smallUrl":"https:\/\/www.wikihow.com\/images\/thumb\/5\/5a\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/v4-460px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","bigUrl":"\/images\/thumb\/5\/5a\/Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-10-Version-2.jpg\/aid9039928-v4-728px-Feed-a-Lory-or-Lorikeet-Step-10-Version-2.jpg","smallWidth":460,"smallHeight":345,"bigWidth":728,"bigHeight":546,"licensing":"

can rainbow lorikeets eat nuts