clipper card balance refund

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

No service to Chase Center atthis time,stay tuned for updates. f Vouchers from other operators and tour/sightseeing companies are NOT acceptable on Golden Gate Ferry. endstream endobj 217 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream What a scam! endstream endobj 195 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream 0 { endstream endobj 199 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream E\\y\[email protected]!"g/ 0.749023 g Clipper is the all-in-one transit card used for contactless fare payments throughout the San Francisco Bay Area. EMC The other option is a refund. Visit the Go Pass eligibility page for more information. Phone. Yes, you can manage your account using the Clipper app and in your mobile wallet. Note: If you are requesting a refund for unused transit passes or tickets that were loaded to your Clipper card in error, cancelling your card is not necessary. https://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/11/09/clipper-cards-dirty-little-secre-hint-it-can-go-negative/. EMC More riders tell of disappearing Clipper card, Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window), Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window), Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window), Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window), Bay Area weather: After thunderstorms and hail, snow could be on the way this weekend, More riders tell of disappearing Clipper card balances: Roadshow, Kudos to Caltrans for following up on drivers complaint: Roadshow, With just 2 cameras, a Texas city controlled traffic at many intersections: Roadshow. If this happens at any time, please call Clipper at 877.878.8883 for a refund. When you order a new card online, you can log in to your account and Clipper will automatically register your new card to your existing account. Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. Clipper saves money. That will show you the cost of each trip. According to Caltrain, failing to tag on and off could result in improper Clipper card readings, which could result in a Caltrain citation. If the value of the order causes the value of the card to exceed $300, the order may not load and you may lose the subsidy, if applicable. Options to Oakland Airport from Union Square. However, each Go Pass user will only get two replacements per calendar year. o Discover . For defective cards, no fees will be charged. Skip top navigation. endstream endobj 173 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream What I usually do (did that in NYC, HK, Boston) is just to leave the card somewhere. /Tx BMC H*2T0T3415Rf& Monthly passes and multi-ride tickets, including the VTA Smart Pass, cannot be transferred. /Tx BMC Clipper says it does not take funds away, even if the card goes unused for years. This option helps you avoid paying for postage and is the most secure option. Any suggestions, or is this another way for a government-backed agency to abscond with my money? 0.749023 g After that, you need to tag on and off for each ride. If youre not paying with Clipper, please see an attendant for information about ticket purchase. Unfortunately, the Clipper Card doesn't allow that. If do not tag on and/or off, you will be subject to citation. The Go Pass is available for free to eligible faculty, staff, postdoctoral scholars. Left and right arrows move across top level links and expand / close menus in sub levels. H*2T0T341f& If you are eligible for the VTA Smart Pass and have (or would like) a Smart Pass Clipper card, we encourage you to use the same Clipper card for both passes. Where to Use On 24 transit services and more. Get it back from them when you plan your next trip to San Francisco. If you only have a few trips, I'd go to http://www.bart.gov and use Trip Planner to enter your intended trips. `qp8Wkdj434T) Y endstream endobj 208 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Key Clipper information translated to Spanish. EMC If unsuccessful, your Clipper card may be defective or damaged. If your card is registered, log in to your account to obtain a transaction history report for any card listed on your account or contact Customer Service at 877.878.8883 (TDD/TTY 711 or 800.735.2929). Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. You can do a lot of things with online account management: store your payment information, set up automatic reloading, report a lost or stolen card and get a replacement and balance restoration (for a $3 fee), and download transaction histories. EMC 0 { endstream endobj 190 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream https://www.bart.gov/sites/default/files/docs/Clipper%20FAQ%20updated_1.pdf, https://sf.streetsblog.org/2010/11/09/clipper-cards-dirty-little-secre-hint-it-can-go-negative/, https://www.caltrain.com/fares/how-buy/clipperr/clipper-caltrain-faq, Get answers to your questions about Oakland. 0 0 10.1455 10.364 re balance on your card is less than $5, Clipper will not process your refund request or charge the $5 processing fee. Eligible Stanford affiliates should complete the Go Pass request form to request a Go Pass. Please note that Go Passes cannot be loaded onto discounted cards such as, Senior, Youth, and Regional Transit Connection (RTC)/ Disabled. Learn more about our privacy policy. If a Caltrain patron is contacted onboard the train without valid fare, Caltrain Fare Enforcement Agents or San Mateo County Sheriffs Office Deputies will scan/photograph their ID to issue a Notice of Violation for fare evasion. If you have a question, please call (510) 464-6841. Ferry tickets and adult Clipper cards may be purchasedfrom terminal ticket machines in Larkspur, Sausalito, and San Francisco. endstream endobj 198 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream h[s8WPS7p7*?gbg98-FmndI+Iv,cR{|30&M\&ND52 D3,2aE1 v^Z8P Transferring a Go Pass constitutes fare evasion, which is a violation of California Penal Code 640. But nobody did. Pay it forward. Q: This happened to my wife when she was with her 90-year old mother, attempting to get on BART in Berkeley with Clipper cards, each of which should have had $20 on it. Refunds are processed on a case-by-case basis, and all card cancellations require a $5 processing fee. Refunds are subject to the fees in Section 10. (Some limitations may apply.) Clipper cards will hold a maximum of $300. o Visa . Registration is easy, and its free. Get Morning Report and other email newsletters. 7.1 A Cardholder may request a refund of the remaining cash value on a Registered Card with a minimum $5 cash value balance by mailing a completed Clipper Cancellation Form, which is available at www.clippercard.com. One beep means you have tagged on, and two beeps mean you have tagged off. For faster replacement, you also can pick up your replacement card at an in-person service location. Should I stay at a hotel near the airport? endstream endobj 224 0 obj <>stream If the card reader beeps three times instead of one, your pass has been misread by the reader and you should try to tag again. I understand I need to buy a Clipper card for $3, where the Clipper card is the stored fare card similar to MetroCard in NYC or Suica in Tokyo. If you forget to tag on and/or off, you will be subject to citation. Please contact Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 to request a refund without cancelling your card. /Tx BMC For more information, please refer to our pre-tax payroll deduction web page. Then throw your Clipper card away knowing that your negative balance is more than $3 so you got your $$ back and then some. Describe the situation, including your account information. To report it lost or stolen: For a $3 fee, we can replace your adult, Youth or Senior Clipper card and restore your balance. In order to have valid fare, Caltrain requires you to tag on and tag off before and after each ride. All rights reserved. Be creative, drill a hole in it and it makes a great memento key tag and you won't have to buy one of those expensive silly ones at a Wharf curio shop, Still have my Suica card. BART's Treasury Department will no longer issue replacement tickets in order to reduce the use of tickets in the system. I only pray theyre still there. endstream endobj 189 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream 0.749023 g Go Pass users can request that the Go Pass be loaded on any adult fare Clipper card of their choice. All rights reserved. It is recommended that items of value be insured when selecting this option. If not, you can check your balance and add value to the card at a ticket machine before starting the journey. Get next-day replacement and balance restoration for a lost or stolen registered Clipper card (you must call Clipper Customer Service at 877-878-8883 a day in advance to have your old card blocked). Smashed minivan adds to San Jose neighborhoods frustration, concerns about safety: Roadshow, Is there a different reason for debris problem on 101 that cant be swept away? Getting dinner in Oakland this Fridaywill I get robbed? Pay With You may want to consider loading Clipper Cash onto your Clipper card for use in such an event. EMC I havent needed to use it in that time. Add only that total amount to your card. safe parking at hotels near Oakland Airport?? endstream endobj 175 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream A Station Agent canhelp process a ticket refund request. https://www.bart.gov/sites/default/files/docs/Clipper%20FAQ%20updated_1.pdf. EMC You can manage that account online using the same credit card that you use for any other Clipper cards; however, you will have to use a separate login to access the account. If your card is registered, contact us so we can block your card from further use. If your card is blocked, its likely we couldn't process your payment or your card has been reported lost or stolen. Enter and space open menus and escape closes them as well. All Access Digital offer for just 99 cents! Be sure to review the paper ticket fare chart at the station. Please contact Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 to request a refundwithout cancelling your card. `qp8Wkdj434T) Y endstream endobj 212 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream 0 endstream endobj 197 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream The VTA Smart Passallows unlimited travel on VTA buses and light rail. There is a 50 cent surcharge per trip for paper tickets. Many of the cards have about $50 on them, but a couple have about $200. (For example in NYC one can buy MetroCard at the airport without a fee.) Learn More about the future of clipper (external link). Min of $5. Ticket Refunds. `qp8Wkdj434T) Y endstream endobj 214 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream So take your balance down to $1.50. 0 { endstream endobj 205 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream To find out more information about replacing an RTC card, please visit 511.org.Opens in new window. f endstream endobj 179 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream The Smart Passis only available on pre-loaded Clipper cards, which are available through Stanford Transportation. Once you register your card, you can report your Clipper card as lost or stolen to the Clipper Customer Service Center (877.878.8883 or TDD/TTY 711 or 800.735.2929), and they can block your card from further use and restore the balance on your new card. about the future of clipper (external link). E\\y\[email protected]!"g/ Please have ticket or Clipper (card or smart phone) ready when entering the fare gate or when boarding. endstream endobj 220 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Will the toll lanes reduce traffic jams? Due to increased Clipper Card use and the corresponding reduction in use of paper tickets, the Ticket Exchange Booth at 12th St Oakland City Center Station has been permanently closed. /Tx BMC 2020, Metropolitan Transportation Commission. New to Clipper? walk from 12th St. BART to Jack London square? Former Tiny Ticket non-profit organizations can still submit these tickets for refund directly to BART Treasury. EMC You wrote about Clipper freezing accounts. How can I manage the account on their behalf? 0 endstream endobj 203 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Other readers wrote of similar fears and refund frustrations. You may be eligible for a full or partial refund of the value on your card, unless you have loaded value on it using pre-tax employee transit benefits. endstream endobj 185 0 obj <. 0 { endstream endobj 193 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Its also required if you want to set up automatic reloading. endstream endobj 181 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream What can I do with an online Clipper account? The Go and Smart Passesare non-transferable. If your next order will cause your card to exceed the $300 maximum balance, Clipper cannot load the funds to your card. For more information, call the BART Treasury at (510) 464-6841. What should I do if my card is lost or stolen? To request a refund or adjustment or to report a lost or damaged card, visit theClipper Customer Support webpage. Fraudulent use and transfer of the Go and/or Smart Pass is a serious violation of the program. Can I have more than one card in my Clipper account? E\\y\[email protected]!*o* You will get a check in the mail at the address you provide. endstream endobj 174 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream /Tx BMC The Metropolitan Transportation Commission, as a public agency responsible for Clipper, is committed to operating its programs and services in accordance with federal, state and local civil rights laws and regulations. Email [email protected]. Check with your favorite non-profit or charity organization to see if it accepts these small value tickets. You have to fill out a form. To report it lost or stolen: Log in to your Clipper account, select Report Lost or Stolen from the More Options menu, or ; Call 877.878.8883 (TDD/TTY 711 or 800.735.2929) For a $3 fee, we can replace your adult, Youth or Senior Clipper card and restore your balance. Refunds, BART Treasury Department2150 Webster St.9th floorOakland, CA 94612. Sign up for email alerts, Tips for Out-of-State & Out-of-Country Visitors, Pay a Toll for a Vehicle with No License Plate, Annual Vehicle Crossings and Toll Revenues, Disadvantaged & Small Business Enterprise Program, Larkspur Ferry Service & Parking Expansion Study, Sausalito Ferry Terminal Improvements Project. For more information, including fines, please see Caltrain's fare evasion policy. EMC 0 { endstream endobj 202 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream endstream endobj 178 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Treasury will mail you a check. Refunds are subject to the fees in Section 10. endstream endobj 218 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Key Clipper information translated to Spanish. Then when you exit, Caltrains will tell you that you have a negative balance. 0 0 10.1455 10.364 re Q: I have 27 cards used for a youth group which has been quiet these past couple of years and is unlikely to restart. My spouse, relative, or close friend needs help managing their registered Clipper card. In the meantime, you must purchase a ticket because valid fare is required before boarding; otherwise, you will be subject to citation for fare evasion. You can do a lot of things with online account management: store your payment information, set up automatic reloading, report a lost or stolen card and get a replacement and balance restoration (for a $3 fee), and download transaction histories. j&C]5Vr6+9[`MR}(Ir#q;Ts0Im(Vv1Xtzw}%H/X;F*=WZ4gQ`t(mB#/i uuR:rm>.587m9vSsl9rI{yKCc- https://www.caltrain.com/fares/how-buy/clipperr/clipper-caltrain-faq. endstream endobj 206 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream I no longer need to use Clipper. Stanford affiliates who are caught transferring their Go and/or Smart Pass and individuals who accept a Go and/or Smart Pass that was not issued to them, will face confiscation and potential fines up to $400. In the end, if it still doesn't work, buy the $3 card and load only the exact amount you need onto it at the machine in the SFO BART station. Choose to stay logged in or to log out. You will need to contact Clipper Customer Service at 877.878.8883 to request a transfer of the transit value to the correct card. EMC The old website used to show added values, ready to be activated, but no longer does. Credit Card Type (check one): o MasterCard . J b;4L)-cJ02iIufF2(pQ 3NY!JOl 2Ns0 \zTs!hq=u@#|?2(%i"h 36Vp{Ax,e][email protected]+PDSUB@P# (. EMC Note: Clipper may not be used forGiants Ferryorfor group travel - one accountper passenger per trip. If you are participating in a special pass program through your employer, school or residence, please contact your program administrator for information about getting a replacement card. Its also required if you want to set up automatic reloading. endstream endobj 222 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream A reader in a prior column thought $300 had disappeared from an account. Additionally, federal tax law prohibits refunds if a card has received any value through an employee transit benefit program. H*2T0T3415Rf& If we couldnt process your payment for automatic reloading, your Auto-Reload payment will fail and the card reader will say BLOCKED BAD DEBT. Learn more about resolving a block due to failed Auto-Reload payment. HD 0UR K(EP%xg:#6(=VU-zTqwn?p Phone. REFUNDS. /Tx BMC I no longer need to use Clipper. The check may take 4-6 weeks. Mail the ticket(s)toBART's Treasury Department. Prior to that he was an assistant sports editor at the paper from 1984-1987. He started his journalism career as a sports editor in Iowa in 1975. However, employees can save on out-of-pocket costs for transit fares through our pre-tax payroll deduction program. H*2T0T341f& Your session is about to expire due to inactivity. A: No. Discount Cards For youth, seniors, people with disabilities and low-income adults. 7) d"W0%Q T If you get a new card in person, you can log in to your account and click on Register a New Card to add the new card to your existing account. If your Clipper card has been loaded through a transit benefit program, the transit value is ineligible for a . If you are participating in a special pass program through your employer, school or residence, please contact your program administrator for information about getting a replacement card. You must tag your card again when you get off the train. Choose to stay logged in or to log out. You can check your eligibility at our Go Pass and Smart Pass eligibility checker. There is a $5 fee for this service. endstream endobj 215 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream H*2T0T3415Rf& EMC My spouse, relative, or close friend needs help managing their registered Clipper card. H237402VH2P0P04341Qf& endstream endobj 177 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream The agent will have you fill out a form and you will provide the agent with your ticket(s) and the agent will send itto BART Treasury. endstream endobj 186 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream HD 0UR K(EP%xg:#6(=VU-zTqwn?p I would love to consolidate all the cards into one card. If you ever lose your card, well replace it and restore your value for a $3 fee. Your refund request will typically be . Clipper is committed to protecting your privacy. endstream endobj 216 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream Please include your name, phone number, and return address and note that you are seeking a refund of paper ticket(s) using. Tab will move on to the next part of the site rather than go through menu items. 0 S, endstream endobj 213 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream What can I do with an online Clipper account? Look for Gary Richards at Facebook.com/mr.roadshow, or contact him at [email protected]. /Tx BMC To get a refund, complete the Clipper Cancellation Form and send it to Clipper Customer Service along with your payment information. BART will refund tickets with a remaining value greater than $1.00. How can I manage the account on their behalf? Transit pass refunds are subject to transit agency approval. The program enables employees to purchase up to $260 per month in transit expenses with before-tax dollars. It is not available to students or postdoctoral scholars at this time. Otherwise, you will be logged out automatically. 0.749023 g Clipper says it does not take funds away, even if. Get a replacement and balance restoration for a damaged registered Clipper card or a defective Clipper card (damaged and defective cards must be . The Caltrain Go Pass is an institutional pass, which is set up differently than Clipper cash value and the Caltrain Monthly Pass. Interest will be charged to your account from the purchase date if the balance is not paid in full within 6 months. You can add value, see what's on your card, and see recent transactions. If you have any monthly passes or multi-ride tickets on your current Clipper card that you are purchasing through our pre-tax payroll deduction program, they will need to be canceled on the existing card before they can be transferred to your new Smart Pass Clipper card. Need to Order a Clippercard? It's just $3. /Tx BMC Copyright 2023 Golden Gate Bridge, Highway and Transportation District. ta.queueForLoad : function(f, g){document.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', f);})(function(){ta.trackEventOnPage('postLinkInline', 'impression', 'postLinks-116689862', '');}, 'log_autolink_impression');San Francisco Bay Area. To request a transfer of cash value from one card to another, wait until you have received your Smart PassClipper card, then contact the Clipper Customer Service Center at 877.878.8883 (TTY/TDD 711 or 800.735.2929) to request they transfer your cash value to the new card. @ a\y@tS|~vY%sK{nAy bh endstream endobj 168 0 obj <>>> endobj 169 0 obj <>/BleedBox[0 0 612 792]/Contents[225 0 R 226 0 R 227 0 R 228 0 R 229 0 R 230 0 R 231 0 R 232 0 R]/CropBox[0 0 612 792]/LastModified(D:20181023143259)/MediaBox[0 0 612 792]/Parent 162 0 R/Resources<>/ExtGState<>/Font<>/ProcSet[/PDF/Text]>>/Rotate 0/StructParents 1/Tabs/S/TrimBox[0 0 612 792]/Type/Page>> endobj 170 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream If we couldnt process your payment for automatic reloading, your Auto-Reload payment will fail and the card reader will say BLOCKED BAD DEBT. Learn more about resolving a block due to failed Auto-Reload payment. A reader in a prior column thought $300 had disappeared from an account. Clipper is the recommended fare payment method and offers ferry customers a discounted fare. Q: I have a similar issue where several hundred dollars in my Clipper account no longer shows online. Can I have more than one card in my Clipper account? USF does not issue refunds for a lost commuter subsidy. The Clipper program, as a matter of law and policy, does not disclose Clipper account information to someone who is not the registered cardholder, unless Clipper has the cardholder's authorization to do so. f f EMC San Francisco International Airport (SFO), Electric Personal Assistive Mobility Devices (EPAMDs), Elevator Locations and Accessibilty Pathways, 2023 San Francisco Bay Area Rapid Transit District. Someone else may be able to use it. E\\y\[email protected]!*o* Your Clipper card will not be returned to you. EMC Authentic RAW Classic King Size Pre-Rolled Cones 100 Pack & Free Clipper Lighter. Each passenger needs his/her own ticket and/or Clipper account (card or mobile app). Clipper is committed to protecting your privacy. People were just grabbing free Clipper cards, riding BART, racking up negative balances and throwing the card away. While BART has eliminated the saleofpaper tickets from our vending machine,fare gates will still accept paper tickets loaded with funds. /Tx BMC When you order a new card online, you can log in to your account and Clipper will automatically register your new card to your existing account. Hope this doesn't break the bank for you. For three bucks, just consider it a cheap souvenir. Roadshow. 0 0 10.1455 10.364 re Clipper START cards provide a 50% discount on most Golden Gate bus and ferry rides for eligible low-income adults. EMC Each Smart Pass user only gets one replacement per calendar year. !5r=m)x=t y j*U`Txxl]we%fhE6 v-`ci/]#z&-`F!T1=ynu>%pP #6@N!q4pw$YxJw6EJa=!RDN46lVMCfv3Ge]()m. E\\y\[email protected]!*o* Registered cardholders can complete and sign a form authorizing another individual to act on behalf of the cardholder. Authorize payment below. /Tx BMC 0.749023 g 0 S, endstream endobj 210 0 obj <>/Subtype/Form/Type/XObject>>stream You pay more for a "San Fran" shot glass that was probably manufactured on the other side of the globe. Questions about recurring transit orders, including transfer requests, can be sent to [email protected]. Due to observed delivery issues this is a less secure option. Key Clipper information translated to Chinese.

Are Macadamia Nuts Hard To Chew, Articles C

clipper card balance refund