did matthew boynton shoot his wife

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

That's what they're all assuming, Matthew said. Yates said, Yes, but that doesnt overcome the civil side of it whether it was or was not marital property, and even if it was, it would have been a misdemeanor as opposed to the two felonies.. in the head..in hospital for a month..just an FYI. This x cop needs to be tried for attempted murder. EMTs start carrying Jessica down the stairs on a backboard and click her into a gurney and swing open the ambulance doors. That phone never got back into the officer's hand. They call in Spalding County Sheriff Wendell Beam, who happens to be Matthew's grandfather, along with the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. She's having suicidal thoughts. Does Jessica know whether the cops ever swabbed her hands? Geez, im no cop , no investigator and know absolutely nothing on how investigations are even done but if the doctors say she wasnt shot what more do they need..that little punk got away with it.please tell me im missing a story and he has been arrested for the attempted murder of his wife.please.and please tell me that every stupid ass cop that had any involvement with this case is no longer a cop..oh and his Grandpa, well i think he needs a little jail rehabilitation as well..i could go on and on, but obviously they wouldnt understand anyway..what a disgrace to all REAL POLICE OFFICERS, https://the-grip.net/2016/10/18/gbi-completes-boynton-investigation-requested-by-gpd/ this says she was SHOT!!! It's locked. We had to establish a timeline for when that property was possessed before the marriage or after it. According to Sanders, these items were obtained from a woman who contacted him and claimed to be Boyntons girlfriend. The agent had that phone, I think DeMarco, Chris DeMarco had the phone and they was [sic] trying to get in the gate, and, uh, he accidentally hit, I guess, the last number dialed, called or whatever. In 2016, something terrible happened to Jessica Boynton, a 19-year-old mother of two. "She's like, 'This is exactly what I need to get my divorce from him.'". "Another reasonable explanation is that there was a fight over the gun and during the course of that she was injured, Matthew thought she was dead and put the gun underneath.". Eventually, the Georgia Bureau of Investigation concluded what they believe happened inside that closet; Matthew Boynton was never charged with any connection in harming his wife. Thats what took so long to get it sorted out.. "She logged on to his Facebook, we got his Facebook messages and printed them out and started reading the messages between him and the lady from the dispatch," said the unidentified neighbor. Matthew Boynton, 20, discovered his wife Jessica, 19, lying in a pool of blood in a closet. Immediately following that flip, Mathews said, DeMarco asked if she was recording their conversation. "He believed that the shots he heard fired were fired from his duty weapon," said Sheila Mathews, publisher of The Grip. And with that Matthew Boyton's questioning was over. She made a full recovery, but doesnt remember a thing. This couldn't happen man. No it wasn't. Once the investigation was closed, reporter and publisher, Sheila Mathews, investigated the shooting for her newspaper, The Grip. Running across the parking lot and up the stairs, responding officers, Keys, Jones and Gresham head toward the apartment. The other problem: she said she didn't know how to get his gun out of his holsternor has she ever held or shot a gun. You want to start recording me, and started quoting me, you'd better let me know ahead of time, or we're gonna have a problem. And the second bullet went up at 25-degree upward angle 1'10 off the floor. She told me to take care of the boys, so I'm trying to hurry up and get back home just to make sure nothing is going to happen to them. The one seen in the police body-cam is not the same gray sweatshirt he was wearing at Walmart earlier that night. The ambulance pulls away with Jessica in critical condition, to the fire station located on Carver Road, where the medical helicopter picks her up and takes her to an Atlanta hospital. Furthermore, he said, it's his observation that self-inflicted gunshot wounds are very unusual among women. Around midnight Matthew says he leaves Jessica and the kids to meet fellow Officer Joshua Guthrie for a late-night snack at Waffle House. Jones eyes a small child sleeping on a bottom bunk bed in the back bedroom. I didn't wash may hands, nothing like that either, that way for GSR., There's a possibility that we might collect your clothes, OK. He says she started poking him in the chest with her finger, telling him that he had to admit there was another woman. "He said 'What's wrong? Armed with bodycams attached to their uniforms, the officers burst through the door, quickly passing Matthew's phone, a black and grey Verizon LG smartphone, on the kitchen counter. No. Matthew Boynton is clearly hysterical. Her head shaved. That question lingers--but not for Georgia Bureau of Investigations, who said the case is closed--repeatedly stating that they are satisfied with their findings. I mean he might have grabbed my arm before, but I don't think he would intentionally do anything to hurt mebut like I said, he's changed so much here, lately, she said. How does Jessica explain the "suicide text" sent from her phone less than 10 minutes before her husband Matthew called 911 in a panic? She also stated that she just wanted her things back, so I informed her that I would do a report on the incident.. "There was no testing done on his clothing," said Sheila Mathews. There was a question of what was and was not community marital property, so that took some doing to sort that out, also, Yates said, adding that many of the items reported as stolen including the clothing, computer and household items had been cited as community property during the couples divorce. Matthew sends another text to his girlfriend, a Spalding County dispatcher, Give me a few. And now Jessica is telling a completely different story. "I know for a fact that Jessica was not suicidal," said the neighbor. It sounded like a gunshot. "I think it was in the heat of the moment, he was angry with me. With the suicidal text message and Jessica's DNA found on her husband's gun, less than a month after her hospital bed interview, Matthew was verbally cleared by the GBI, according to the chief, and as of June 6, Matthew returned to full duty with a new service weapon on his hip. Boynton was released from the Spalding County Jail Friday night on a $4,806 cash bond. And, the first officer on scene, as recorded by body cam footage, was not interviewed by the GBI for months after the incident. "He never re-entered the apartment after that point," said Sheila. In fact, 68 text messages are exchanged between him and his mistress. Warner Bros. Entertainment | Matthew, who's wearing a gray sweatshirt, says he called Lt. Curtis Keys and asked him what he should do. Waiting for your permission to load facebook comments. So I'm trying to hurry and get back home just to make sure that nothing's going to happen to them.. No. Uh, just my service weapon, he responds, ending the call just a minute later. There's so many useless words thrown in there, then there's so many words left out, she said. GBI agents, however, have closed her case. GBI didn't report finding any blood spatter on the closet wall. A request is made to notify the Georgia Bureau of Investigation. GRIFFIN, Ga. - Matthew Boynton was arrested by his fellow Griffin Police officers and taken to the Spalding County Jail on . The babys muffled cry echoes, getting louder as the officers sweep their guns back and forth, searching for the shooter. He calls out for Jessica, but no answer. They hoist her inside. Once established as her personal belonging, this one piece of physical evidence contradicted Boyntons January written civil statement in which he denied possessing any of Lesters property. Her condition.. She found a photo on Snapchat of another woman wearing nothing but a towel, with the caption: Shower time.. "I'm guessing Matthew," said Jessica. While Jessica believes someone tried taking her life from her, she refuses to allow anyone to take her kids away from her. However, she was NOT shot. I don't know if it's just his job or what, but like I said I don't think he would intentionally hurt me.. "I hope she didn't shoot my kids," he says to one officer. I'll be back there in about two minutes. Credit: GBI/Griffin Police Dept. That is not a reaction that I can relate to.". It's a question 11Alive investigators asked a few months ago, when Griffin Police Officer Matthew Boynton's wife, Jessica, allegedly shot herself in the head with his service weapon,. The remaining items such as a hope chest, clothing and other miscellaneous items were returned to Jessica. nd police notify Jessica's family that she has died. (South Florida Sun Sentinel/TNS) ", "There are two theories in this case, the first is that she shot herself and on the way to the ground she accidentally fired the gun a second time. December 20022 so heartless to show this right before Xmas. Why did no one ask about the comment Matthew made about the kids being in the closet too? I thought he hadnt gone inside the apartment until backup arrived, so how would he know Jessica was in the closet unless he put her there? That bastard is so guilty every time they show the door knob and any badge that doesnt know that shouldnt have one. GBI begins interviewing neighbors and Matthew interviews with the GBI later that morning. And neither is Will Sanders, the truck driver spearheading the drive to get justice for Jessica. They hit the top of the stairs knowing somebody's got a gun. A lot, she said, doesn't add up. Or was it? Yancy also requested that Boynton write a statement pertaining to the allegation. Jessica and Matthew Boynton got married at an extremely young age. GRIFFIN, Ga. Who shot the officers wife? It doesn't sound like anything I would say. Is that what you're saying?" Barely clinging to life, Jessica spent three weeks in a coma before waking up, according to 11alive. an officer questions the others. I just came up the stairs, two rounds be advised I smell gun smoke, and I can't get an answer at the door, he says out of breath and panicked. "The second shot that was fired, it entered the back wall of the closet approximately a foot, no more than a foot off the ground. Her blond hair is now red from what cops assume is a self-inflicted gunshot wound. To stage a suicide," said the neighbor. She says there were pages missing. Just one minute later, Matthewcalls 911, reaching Spalding County dispatch. At the time of the shooting Jessica was looking to make a new start for herself and two young sons. She's breathing, but unresponsive. Jessica's two boys, Tollin, 2, and baby Tyler, are sound asleep in their rooms. provided images. Jessica is also slinging allegations at Matthew's brothers in blue at the Griffin Police Department, and Matthew's grandfather Sheriff Wendell Beam. Dispatcher: Any weapons inside the house? While GPD Chief Mike Yates said he is unable to release specific information due to the criminal nature of the case, he did confirm information The GRIP provided during a July 31 interview. "They did not. And her lawyer was useless I wrote to her years ago. Hahaha you about have me a heart attack freak!! A previous study found 41% of police admitted to being abusive to their spouses. Man that young girl deserves justice, it really smells like the cop snapped and tried to kill her, especially during the night of interview when he starts talking fast and over explaining his actions like I didnt even wash my hands. Two shots have been fired from her husbands service weapon. The neighbor believes Matthew Boynton discovered the divorce diary and simply snapped. A key piece of evidence was photographed inside the kitchen after officers arrived on the scene. "I said 'It's Jessica isn't it?' "I was scared to death that she would shoot me and then kill herself," Matthew tells investigators. Jessica's theory of what happened centers around her "dirty divorce diary." Crime Watch Daily reached out to Officer Matthew Boynton and got no response. Clearly we touched a nerve in Griffin, but we're not about to be scared off. The chain of custody on that stuff is messed up. I would have said, 'suicidal' not 'suicide thoughts.'. At that time, the city of Griffin reported the investigation was ongoing and was not expected to be completed for another month to six weeks. Unfortunately, the only person who may be able to answer that question is Jessica, and she was in a coma. Earlier that night Jessica's husband Matthew headed to Waffle House for a late-night bite with a fellow officer, leaving his service. And they said yes. Yates also said Boynton had provided a statement during the subsequent Internal Affairs investigation, acknowledging the items Sanders turned in were Lesters belongings. Do you know what she used? asks one of the emergency responders in the room. Minutes later, at around 10:45 p.m., Jessica storms out. Officer Boynton was responding to an accident, and when he returned to his cruiser, we were waiting, armed with questions. I didn't try to wash my hands, anything, because I knew GSR and all that would be involved.. Jessica was still in a coma with a traumatic brain injurytubes stemming from her brain to alleviate pressure and fluid. Haha I'm sorry I didn't think about that lol he sends to her after receiving a text from her--moments following his text from his wife. Crime Watch Daily's security team tracked the email address, only to find it was from an anonymous server. He later tells investigators that he heard Tyler crying, and then, POP-POP!, Jones advises Matthew over the radio, Stay outside. GBI/Griffin Police Dept. Jones approaches Matthew to find out what happened. Jessica's husband and high school sweetheart is Griffin Police Officer Matthew Boynton. I hadn't really put much thought into it, Jessica told him. ", Following that phone call, Mathews, perceiving that she was threatened, called the GBIs director of professional standards to file a formal complaint and to gain clarity about what he meant by, Were gonna have a problem.. What he finds turns this case of a suicide upside down. Jessica's husband and high school sweetheart is Griffin Police Officer Matthew Boynton. Officer Boynton hung up and did not respond to multiple messages, while the GBI refused to talk about the closed case. provided images. Then he drops a shocker, claiming he wasn't the only one cheating, "She finally told me, she said 'Yeah, I had an affair,'" Matthew Boynton says in the GBI interview. "I left the location, I'm back en route, I'm on Carver Road right now. I have been suffering for a while now and no one has noticed. But it's what those body cameras don't record that's raising eyebrows. After three weeks, she woke up. Crime Watch Daily investigates what really happened to Jessica Boynton, something even Jessica herself wants to know. A Griffin police officer who was investigated in his ex-wife's shooting was charged Friday, July 28, 2017, with making false statements and violating oath after officials say he took her belongings, The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reports. And would a dad leave his kids inside with a suicidal woman and a loaded gun? That's the bottom line for me. "The neighbors [said] somewhere around 11 p.m., and he is the only one who hears the gunshots at 1 a.m., and he calls it in," said Sanders. Having previously learned of the new evidence that was turned in to the Griffin Police Department May 11 and the Internal Affairs investigation that resulted, The GRIP on July 7 submitted an Open Records request for information in the case. He assigns another officer to standby at the door until the rest of the apartment is cleared. And, unfortunately it appears those questions will never be answered," Mathews said. Matthew makes it home, jumps out of his truck, races through the breezeway of his apartment building and bolts up the stairs. Family and friends believe, in fact, they were married far too young. Of course the Grandfather could not be reached for a comment, he had it covered up. the GBI agent posed a return question. I would have said, I can't do this anymore, comma, take care of Tolin and Tyler, period. I would have said, suicidal not suicide thoughts.. Listen. Earlier that night Jessica's husband Matthew headed to Waffle House for a late-night bite with a fellow officer, leaving his service weapon . Her mouth covered with a breathing apparatus and several machines attached to her, in an effort to monitor her condition. I just came up the stairs, two rounds be advised I smell gun smoke, and I cant get an answer at the door, he says out of breath and panicked. Lester recovered from the shooting but doesn't remember any of it. That stuff apparently, from what we were able to discover through our investigation, went through several different peoples hands, which taints our chain of custody, Yates said. After Jessica was shot, Matthew, then-20, was back on duty with his gun on his hip, before key interviews were conducted and the GBI director wrote an official letter about the cases conclusion, stating that the shooting was ruled a suicide.. Which I knew that.. Shame shame. She's even fighting with EMS, dude, the fellow officer tells Matthew. Donald Britt, Lt. Darrell Dix, Lt. Keys and Beam are also present. Law enforcement was in his genes. But where's the second round? A woman who lived across from the couple, who works with law enforcement, agreed to a Crime Watch Daily interview if we protect her identity. He was going to clean his gun and he asked me to go get it for him. Her body is on the floor, just behind the door. Inside the closet they also discover Jessica's red "divorce diary." There's so many useless words thrown in there, then there's so many words left out, she said. She's still breathing. Two-year-old Tollin is sleeping soundly in his bed as cops try not to wake him in the chaos. The air is thick with mystery, as the officers approach the locked closet. The police department should be ashamed of themselves for trying to cover this up!!! When asked if Boynton had explained why he allegedly kept his ex-wifes belongings, Yates said, No. A bunch of CLOWNS!! They discover two shell casings and two bullet holes in the closet wall. It seems both Matthew and Jessica were secretly stockpiling ammunition for a bitter custody fight. He's asked me to go get it out before. It was determined that he knowingly provided a false statement relating to the property in question and his possession of (it), Natale said in a release.l Center. They're forced to kick it in. (whit his baton I would guess) ..is every person in the police department total idiots? Matthew makes it home and races to the breezeway of his apartment and enters, checks the master bedroom and bangs on the locked closet door. When asked to confirm that a July 26 appointment with Lesters orthodontist was pivotal in the Internal Affairs case, Yates said it was. Griffin, Georgia is the kind of small Southern town where high school sweethearts stay married forever. He reads another text from his girlfriend, while driving 90 mph. Cops do find one bullet. The second bullet hole is more of a mystery. She's like 'I got you where I want you and you're gonna go down for this,' and he pulls his gun out and she runs into the closet to hide, and instead of shooting her, he hits her on the head with a baton," said the neighbor. "I can't do this anymore," the message read. OR OTHER GOVERNMENT OFFICIALS. The July 29 arrest of former Griffin Police Department Officer Matthew Boynton stemmed from a theft report filed Dec. 19, 2016, by his former wife, Jessica Lester. Then he hits investigators with a jaw-dropper. As she continues to tinker with clothes, she notices that her red and black composition notebook, which is usually carefully tucked under a pile of clothes inside her closet, has been left on top of the clothes. GRIFFIN, Georgia, April 15, 2016: Police are breathlessly racing to save a life. Maybe Jessica would remember why and when the door knob was swapped because it happened before that night. Her complaint, which she checked on, was never filed. Cops now know what was behind that closet door -- but the true mystery is just about to begin. On Dec. 19, 2016, Lester met with GPD Investigator Dexter McCune regarding property she alleged Boynton had stolen. Griffin Police Officer Matthew Boynton tells dispatch he has no idea what's happened to his wife or their two young sons. DeMarco pressed Mathews. "It's just inconvenient. They wanted me to come back Friday for orientation for the job, she said. "That's the way we're gonna play this game, Sheila. In fact he's collected almost every piece of evidence from the case. Who does the neighbor think sent that text message to Matthew's phone from Jessica's? Cops find 8-month-old Tyler visibly upset but thankfully uninjured. This is not the first time I have had suicide thoughts. What! At that exact point the interviewing officer detected something fishy, forced him to stop giving himself away and ended the interview and therefore night of investigation. Join our naturalist on a short walk and learn about the history of the once-prosperous town of High Falls. I believe I just heard a shot fired coming from my residence. Did he cause his estranged spouses injury? "It was. Mass shooters. And I could have been the next target.. Jessica was a blushing bride, excited to spend the rest of her life with the man she loved. The neighbor claims she had been with Jessica just hours beforehand, and says her friend would never have tried to take her own life. "I would want to know how he did it and how does he live with himself every day knowing that he did something like this," said Jessica. She remembered an instance when Matthew asked her grab his gun. Ironically Jessica first met that man while she was out scouting for a wedding venue to marry Matthew. Cops do find Jessica's DNA on the gun. The crying officer tells Jones that he left the apartment and was meeting Guthrie at Waffle House, when he received a text from Jessica that indicated she was going to kill herself. How did his phone get in there and how was there activity on his phone if he was not in the kitchen with his phone?" "She suspected Matthew was cheating on her and so she dug for information, and we found it," the neighbor said. He cautiously went into the residence to try to make sure that the children were OK. Even though doctors were able to save her life, they couldn't save her from what was about to happen to her familylosing custody of her children. After establishing her retainer was not community property, Boynton was arrested on two felonies false statements and writings and violation of his oath of office. I didn't know if I was dealing with a possible active active scenario where she still had the gun and she had shot Tyler, he replies. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); Enter your email address to follow this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email. Officer Robert Brian Jones shouts, as he travels deeper inside the two-bedroom apartmenthis weapon drawn. Once he arrives on the scene, Trammel makes contact with Matthew, who tells him that he and his wife got into an argument. "No they did not because they assumed I was shot, because that's what Matthew said," Jessica said. He has been charged with false statements and writings and violating his oath of office. With dark, latex gloves on, an officer kneels down and touches her neck with his fingers. According to a press release issued by the Griffin Police Department, Boynton was on Friday arrested without incident and transported to the Spalding County Jail. Uh, just my service weapon, he responds. Matthew makes it back to the apartment before help arrives and hears baby Tyler crying -- and then heartbreak. Making his way outside, he calls for assistance over his radio. But it was used after Matthew had said he left the apartment in fear of his life, and did not return. Yes, for an article, just to make sure I get quotes proper.". There's no way I could have shot myself in the top of the head and not kill myself. Furthermore, she said, there were too many errors and discrepancies for her to have sent a text like that. One of about 70 messages they exchange throughout the night. I wouldn't trade them for anything no matter the situation. The baby's muffled cry echoes, getting louder as the officers sweep their guns back and forth, searching for the shooter. The 20-year-old says he's heading to Waffle House for a late night food run with on-duty cop and best. The ceiling fan circles on high speed. Jessica Boynton, 19, was a stay-at-home mom to 8-month-old Tyler and 2-year-year old Tollin. Stay outside.. Jessica and Matthew's neighbor, who wishes to remain anonymous for her own safety, sees the lights from her apartment and runs outside. The gun then landed underneath," said Tim Miley. I finally had the evidence that I needed that Matthew was cheating on me. Am I recording it? A message to Matthews phone is received and marked as read, from his girlfriend--from inside the evidence bag. Ultimately, it came down to orthodontia Lesters retainer. It was actually from him. When he's not driving a truck, Sanders studies police records looking for things investigators missed -- or possibly covered up. In any case GPD/GBI are an absolute embarrassment to the state of GA! [Im] gonna have to kick that door in Jones relays to the other officers standing on the other side of the closet, barreling through it in just two swift and deliberate kicks. But she doesn't buy it, especially since her head was perfectly laid on a pillow, she said after watching the bodycam footage. However, the GBIs own photographs, search warrant and evidence log all corroborate that the officers phone was on the kitchen counter after Matthew had already left the apartment. Griffin Police officer Matthew Boynton was cleared in his wife's shooting, but his interrogation still cost him his job. To text back long story I'll tell you later.. Jones checks on a locked closet door between the master bedroom and hallway, across from the bathroom. He was there to tell the court that he wanted to keep Jessica away from him and their two sons, because he said, he feared for their safetybecause she allegedly fired his gun in the house while their boys were home. Both Jessica and Matthew reportedly want a divorce. Privacy Policy | But this wasn't the end of Jessica's story, rather a new beginningbut not the one she was hoping for. Did she try to kill herself or shoot herself in the head? She's like a sister to me, Browning says, her voice quivering.

Jennifer Black Obituary, Married Dr Fernando Gomes Pinto Wife, Abandoned Airfields: Arizona, Articles D

did matthew boynton shoot his wife