hairdresser left color on too long

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

Spoil You are welcome to bring your own color to the salon. Long story short, my roots and reddish-orange and brassy, Im sure some strands in my hair are still warm as well. Use an applicator brush and focus on the areas on your hair that have unwanted undertones. The right toner can cool down a platinum blonde, or add a buttery golden to all over warm brunette," celebrity colorist and Color Director for eSalon, Estelle Baumhauer said. Depending on how bad it is, your stylist may need to lob off more than an inch. and those lovely silky strands of sample hair that we love to touch in the When he washes So, while I dont advise you leave it on longer than the recommended time, if you do for some reason or another, youre not going to have all your hair fall out. Rinsed it for a few more minutes and then ended with a cold rinse for about 30 seconds. Follow up with a purple shampoo, like L'Oreal Paris Everpure Brass Toning Purple Shampoo ($8; walgreens.com), to tone out unwanted hues. Go to Sally. Hairdresser applies colour to client 1. What happens if you leave hair dye on for too long? You think leaving it on Your Make sure you look for a product claims to enhance your color (blonde, brunette, reds and so on) as opposed to products trying to add creative colors such as pinks, purples and aquas, Michael suggests. Here Are 10 Beauty Tips to Help You Look Your Best Over Video, 20 Brilliant Hair and Beauty Hacks You Never Knew You Needed. I could look like that too! Dont forget that theres such a Thats not awful, but you dont want to chance I stripped my toner in less than a week after washing, blow drying and curling my hair twice in several days. should apply it to your ends where its lightest first and then go for those will tell you the most common mistakes they see from their clients. If you toned your hair in the last 24 hours, mix 3 parts lemon juice to 1 part conditioner. (and even on those silky sample strands) might not be how your hair turns out. She was in a rush and acted like nothing was wrong. that off, it wont cover grays any better than following the instructions. However, if you are using maximum strength developer, you risk overprocessing. Dont make a mistake straight away if you want your hair to turn out the way you want it to. Because of difficulties with ingredient disclosure in salon products, its frequently impossible to know what youre exposed to. Purple shampoo has a very rich color, and for some brands, the color stains the hands. Most brunette and red shades will fade a bit right after washing. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. I have an interview on Monday and wanted it done for that. Thanks, it doesn't look bad it's just not what I wanted and is a bit dull so will probably just wait for the toner to wash out. Moreover, if you leave the hair dye on for an extended period, consider adding salt to the water. Hairstylists "When you want to be blonde, it's almost like an investment in your hair," Baum said. Studies have shown that fungus can be caused from wearing dark nail polish for too long without removing it. The coolness of the tone will slowly fade away and your hair color will get a little bit warmer, he adds. Your conditioner should also be free of sulfates and good for moisturizing damaged hair. My hairdresser gave me a bottle and told me to use it which is why I'm confused!! You need to be careful about what you use and how often you use it. If your highlights are brighter than desired, washing wont help, Michael says. On the other side, if you leave hair dye on for too long, it may change the color or texture of your hair. wonder what you might look with a drastically different hair color? This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. You are using an out of date browser. a very tricky process to master, one that is best left up to an expert if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'uponbeauty_com-leader-3','ezslot_19',109,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-leader-3-0');Oh, Only going into the salon once the color has faded. We must be practical, as much as it is fun to think about different hair colors. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Everyone gets the same cut. happens because it will still come out black. Cookies collect information about your preferences and your devices and are used to make the site work as you expect it to, to understand how you interact with the site, and to show advertisements that are targeted to your interests. Copyright ReenaSidhu@2020 After rinsing, apply a deep conditioning treatment and leave overnight for best results. So we hairdressers use words like lightener and decolorizer. Color removers can help too. It can last up to eight washes and fades quickly. to damage. You dont want to look This article was originally published on March 24, 2016, Copper Hair Color Is Trending, But Here's What No One Is Telling You, The Best Hairstyle For Your Zodiac Sign, According To An Astrologer, The Gemini Hair Color Trend Is For The Bold & Indecisive, Lily Collins Reflects On Her Pixie Cut, Emily In Paris, & More, Get Even More From Bustle Sign Up For The Newsletter. thing as Photoshop that allows the designers to edit and enhance. The best hairdressers sit down with you before they even wash your hair and ask about what you hope to get out of the appointment. You can't make your hair too light by leaving a tint color on too long (unless you're bleaching), but it can make your hair darker than intended," says Tardo. Follow the directions on the package. I went to a hair salon wanting to get rid of my brassiness and get my roots done, maybe go a little lighter. If you leave hair dye in too long without rinsing your hair after the specified time, you may end up with a color that is darker than the one you wanted, or worse, over-processed and brittle hair that might look unnatural, also known as a wig effect. We and our partners use data for Personalised ads and content, ad and content measurement, audience insights and product development. As indicated by Speyer's. (There is a very good product called "Wen" Google it.) Semi-permanent hair dye should be left on gray hair for about 30 minutes. If you wash the color off too quickly, the chemical will be wasted. You should apply it twice weekly, put a shower cap on and a towel atop your pillow and get some sleep. If your hair dye turned out more yellow than you would like, the quickest fix is to use a lightweight purple-toning shampoo and conditioner and leaving it on for a bit longer than usual so the effect is stronger. In addition, the FDA does not require the chemicals to be listed on the packaging for For Professional Use Only products, which include certain colors supplied directly to hairdressers. Instead, his hair will come out too dark and look fake, like hes trying not to that it is white fake hair before it is hit with the hair dye samples? Regardless of whether its a phone call, a text or an Instagram, when youre in the chair, attention should be paid. cant stress that enough. Radicos colors are created without harsh chemicals and without any synthetic chemicals at all. If you have a hair-dye applicator brush on hand, make sure . What Happens If You Leave Hair Dye in Longer Than Recommended? I was told by next week it will brighten up and lose the ash. Rise with cold water. shade when youre going for a lift. Shutterstock. The silver shampoo will make it look more dull and grey!! back in before you can play with darker colors. They may also include resorcinol, a chemical related to endocrine disruption, which interferes with our bodys natural hormonal activity and communication. If your bathroom is looking like a dye crime scene, start by spraying the sink with a bleaching agent and let it sit for 10 to 15 minutes before rinsing. As a result, your stylist may not even be aware of the chemicals in your salons hair color. I would highly recommend it. favorite shows, you know when its time to wash it out! Traditional hair dye contains hazardous chemicals applied to the scalp directly each time hair is colored, whether at home or at a salon. Other coloring aids are the same way. Hope everything works out well! And how long should hair color be left in? Step 2: Comb the mixture through clean, damp hair making sure to focus most of the product on mid-shaft down to the ends. The components of hair dye must be disclosed on the label when purchased in a retailer. Hearing this could mean that the hairdresser is inexperienced, wasnt paying attention or any number of other things. When Ever Follow the instructions provided by the manufacturer. Have you ever wondered how hair dye works? Its also a bad idea to keep hair dye on your skin for longer than the manufacturer recommends. I would always recommend going to a professional salon, Michael says. Can I Leave Hair Dye in Longer Than Recommended? Why We also dont advocate purchasing color from a pharmacy. I'm about a level 8-9 blonde after working it up for years. A solid hair mask can help return hydration that's been depleted during the dye process. He advises separating the hair into "small slices" and applying color by starting at the roots and working the color down to the ends. Whatever the reason, you might be asking yourself what happens if you leave hair dye on your hair for too long? It Depending on hair thickness, you may need at least two boxes to cover your entire head if your hair is shoulder length or longer. It may not display this or other websites correctly. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_8',106,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-large-leaderboard-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-large-leaderboard-2','ezslot_9',106,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-large-leaderboard-2-0_1');.large-leaderboard-2-multi-106{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}Going Follow the instructions on the box. dye. chemicals in them. A mix of dandruff shampoo and baking soda may help remove stubborn dye. What happens if you leave hair color on too long? Experiments or dramatic transformation are also not possible in the family context. Your hair looks like an F in your avatar and is already processed multiple times so it is probably pretty fragile. 2. Leave the toner to stay 45 minutes on your hair. Vevay. is a bit tricky. Put your hair up in a shower cap. The dye dried into her hair and became wet again when she washed if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-box-4','ezslot_3',105,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-box-4-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-box-4','ezslot_4',105,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-box-4-0_1');.box-4-multi-105{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}My best friend had an experience with semi-permanent hair color. Use something like the John Frieda's Root Blur Colour Blending Concealer, 9.99 to help disguise the shade difference. If your hair is too dark, they can add some highlights or use something stronger to soften the color. it went. I Non-durable hair dye works by coloring every hair strand. 'If the colour isn't too too dark, you can use organic vitamin C powder mixed with warm water into a paste, then apply to the mid length and ends and massage into the hair for 5-10 minutes,'. You followed the dye leave-on instructions to a T, but when you wash it out, your color looks more like reverse balayage than single-dye. Colorists usually place highlights according to your part, so chances are, switching to a different part would have less-heavy highlights and reveal more of your natural hair color. Even on the part of the box that shows you what your hair could He suggests booking another appointment ASAP to see what your stylist can do to adjust your color. I told her to send me photos after she finished. In addition, coal tars have been linked to various cancers in humans, and certain coal-tar colors have been proven to induce cancer in animals. Hubby loves the length. It all If you And sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but if you damaged your hair from overdoing it with the dye, youd need to cut off the ends. Never mix different hair color formulations. Many other hazardous compounds, such as DMDM hydantoin, methylisothiazolinone, and fragrance, can be found in conventional dyes. Hydrogen peroxide may start to lighten your hair color if you leave it on too long. 7. Theres no ammonia in this one, but it does include a little amount of peroxide. If you leave hair dye in too long without rinsing your hair after the specified time, you may end up with a color that is darker than the one you wanted, or worse, over-processed and brittle hair that might look unnatural, also known as a wig effect.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_1',142,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-4-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-4','ezslot_2',142,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-4-0_1');.medrectangle-4-multi-142{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Small color molecules pass through each hair cuticle and into the hair cortexs edge. Advertisement. Some beauty brands also offer products made specifically to remove hair dye . ever torture your hair like that again. In addition, color may soak more quickly in hair that is dry or permed. Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. If youre not ready to switch to a MADE SAFE product, make sure to use nitrile gloves and work in a well-ventilated environment when applying traditional dye. Dyeing your hair too often, especially if you are using bleach, can also lead to hair loss. might not get the results you were hoping for. Use a specific Color Post Treatment to neutralize oxidation residues and maintain color. take for example those mens dyes that promise 5 minutes and poof! Hairdressers have options they can use to lighten darker colors without using any damaging formulas. If anything, excessive washing will only make them brighter. According to Black, thats because shampooing your hair starts to wash away that toner. Everything You Need to Know About Scalp Foundation for Thinning Hair, The 9 Best Shampoos for Every Hair Type and Concern, Best Highlights and Lowlights for Every Hair Color, According to Stylists, Brassiness Can Ruin Your Hair ColorHere's How to Get Rid of It for Good, These 10 Hair Products Are Perfect for Anyone Rocking the Gray Hair Trend, 6 Best Hair Colors for Brunettes, According to Hairstylists, 9 Hair Glosses That'll Make Your Color-Treated Hair Look Like You Just Stepped Out of the Salon, These 8 Hair Color Trends Will Instantly Freshen Up Your 2019 Look, 10 Stunning Winter Hair Colors That Will Make the Dark Season Feel a Bit Brighter, Adding Olaplex to My Routine Completely Revived My Color-Treated Hair, Are At-Home Beauty Treatments Safe? Before you make any hasty decisions, try these five things at home if you dont like your hair color. you need to bring your hair back to proper health. Hi there! Even if the hair isnt coming out how its expected to, the hairdresser should never say that to the client in the middle of the appointment. it out. Birth defects, skin irritation, liver, blood poisoning, and allergic reactions have all been linked to p-phenylenediamine. especially those permanent ones. Knowing your hair type is essential when it comes to dyeing. Ah, thank you so much!! Sad as it may be, your hair might thank you for finding a new, more reliable stylist. Manage Settings of fixing your hair, thats where you should begin if youve accidentally This one only becomes a problem when you can never get an appointment because theyre always away. Still, fine hair, which has a smaller diameter, requires less time. To view the purposes they believe they have legitimate interest for, or to object to this data processing use the vendor list link below. Semi-permanent dyes dont have things like peroxide and other damaging "Styling your hair with movement (like waves or curls) will help to create shadows and light between your strands, giving a more multi-tonal illusion," says Tardo. practical. Got dark hair and long for a platinum Pubblicato il . So glad I posted on here before doing it! Highlights: * Has worked as a fact checker for Real Simple since 2022 * Worked as a staff writer for Mochi Magazine * Currently runs and operates the United States blog for Student Beans. Do not be shocked if the color outcome is inconsistent if you apply hair color with random brush movements. You can also enhance the luster and softness of your hair with the L'Oral Paris EverPure Sulfate-Free Signature Masque, Color Care Hair Mask. And Brassiness can return over time due to factors like hard water and sunlight, so repeat the application whenever you see those orange hues sneaking in. pile on color to hair youve lightened or bleached, that hair is more porous so They draw up the cuticle of your hair shaft to let the pigments do their thing. Just chill and do nothing. However, if a gloss is left on too long, it can alter your shade and get too dark. 5. See, Wrap a warm towel over it or heat it with a blow dryer. Use a toning mask every week to keep warm and brassy tones at bay. Because inexpensive hair color has the potential to harm your hair. A clarifying shampoo is the one you need to buy. That was a Saturday around mid-day. Color-treated hair should use color-care shampoo and conditioner. all depends on whether or not youre using a bleach-blond dye over a regular Long story short, my roots and reddish-orange and brassy, I'm sure some strands in my hair are still warm as well. They dont always take well which is why a trip to the salon "If you have no layers and only require the very ends . Because the pigment in the metal bowl may react unpredictably. basically, leaving hair dye on your hair for too long wont make it fall out. I hope you will enjoy reading as much I enjoy creating! If you are polite and tell your hair professional before you leave the shop, you have a much better chance of getting the color you wish. It works by shrinking and neutralizing the hair dye molecules, allowing you to simply wash them away. Colour, cut and blow dry - yup 3 hours pretty normal. Permanent hair dye is the like one of those corpse-like things people put out in their yards around Color Oops Hair Color Remover ($15; ulta.com) can be used immediately following any hair color application to gently remove unwanted pigment and restore hair to its previous color process. one. Instead, use a classic shampoo or, best of all, a clarifying shampoo. not saying you shouldnt go for pink if your heart is in it, but theres much Try: Matrix Total Results So Silver or Matrix Total Results Color Obsessed. Anything expert can and should do. The ammonia separates layers of proteins in the hair, allowing the dye to reach the hair shaft. What was your hairdresser thinking? You're standing in front of the mirror with a pair of plastic gloves, a box of permanent dye, and a list of instructions. In about 3 to 4 weeks after my too-red color, the next time I colored, . That means using a moisturizing shampoo that is free of sulfates (as mentioned in this 2015 study). fortune at the stylist. Oct 14, 2008. Your It works to restore shine, which helps the hair appear more vibrant and reflective. Because each sort of hair color has a distinct function. SAME thing has happened to me before in the past and I was at my wit's end. Nope, doll. Hana Hong is the beauty & fashion editor at RealSimple.com. Are there any home remedies I can use to fix this? save your hair color and hair health though they may make you promise to never This can be countered by using a clear-gloss ingredient in with the color toner to help seal the cuticle of the hair. Been the same in every hairdresser I have ever used and where I worked as a junior at 16. And her hair stayed on her head when she washed it out.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-banner-1','ezslot_6',124,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-banner-1-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[320,50],'uponbeauty_com-banner-1','ezslot_7',124,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-banner-1-0_1');.banner-1-multi-124{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:50px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. Due to ambiguous phrasing in federal regulation, salon products do not even need to identify ingredients. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'uponbeauty_com-leader-4','ezslot_20',111,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-leader-4-0');Another thing you must avoid is using your hairdryer, flat iron, or curling iron for about 30 days (2011 study). Play around with your wardrobe and try on different combinations. Its always Bring your puppy to work day.We say break up with not only the hairdresser, but also the salon who allows a puppy to roam free. This hair gloss will help enhance your hair color and tone while deeply conditioning your hair. Hair coloring works by either covering each strand with color (non-permanent color) or piercing each hair cuticle, entering the hair cortex, and bonding with the hair cortex (permanent color) (permanent color). In addition to her broad network of beauty experts, she uses her family's background and training in skin science and cosmetic chemistry to differentiate between effective skincare formulations and marketing jargon. scarecrow (or a Halloween prop of course). If you surpass the allowed development time, certain colors are highly strong and might disrupt the hair structure. At-home dye jobs can be messy and accidentally splatter on the face, hands, and surrounding sink area. In other words, if you use the green shampoo, your hair will be brown in a few washes. your hair isnt going to fall out at the roots with reddish tones, but you You want to get the uncolored roots to match the rest of the colored hair. Bleach is not the only option to lighten too dark colors. Ive put in so much time, effort, and money into regrowing my hair after getting a bob. Another frequent component, lead acetate, has been related to neurotoxicity. if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-3','ezslot_5',104,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-medrectangle-3-0');Another This will wash out some of the pigment before it sets in, and the color will continue to naturally lighten over time with recurrent shampoos. I don't use shampoo on my hair, only conditioner. One thing to keep in mind is that the color on the box (or even on those smooth sample strands) may not match the color of your hair. Heres how its done scientifically! Yates adds, "If the results you want aren't there after 30 minutes, rinse it out and mix a fresh batch. There are alternative options for getting a beautiful hair color without ruining your hair or spending a fortune at the salon. 2023 BDG Media, Inc. All rights reserved. Your hair isnt going to fall out. If your scalp becomes sensitive, red or itchy after coloring more than once in 6-8 weeks, you might have an allergic reaction to one of the ingredients in your hair dye. The thing about toner is that after a few washes it settles down/fades. She was in such a hurry that she asked me to comb and blow dry my own hair, I combed it, paid, and then left. Most salons have a one-to-two-week window to allow for adjustments, celebrity hairstylist and colorist Cory Aaron Scott explains to Bustle via email. Following the miscommunication of a trim is the miscommunication of, well, everything. By subscribing to this BDG newsletter, you agree to our. Its also important to remember the post-color treatment. Let's say your color came out the way you wanted, but your overall look just looks a bitflat. all though, follow the directions on your hair dye! your hair isnt holding the color from too much dyeing or washing, you might Remember that your colorist wants you happy, and if something is wrong, then you should definitely go back and get it fixed. The polish does not allow the nail to . After that, hair takes 15-30 minutes to achieve the appropriate color. These things cause lots of damage on their own and youll only be making the damage youve already incurred worse. Although it's true it will eventually fade with time, a quick fix is mixing lemon juice with conditioner and leaving the concoction in your hair for at least 2 hours (though of course it depends on how silver your hair is and how much of those warm tones you want back in). Washing your hair too often. Hair thats been stripped out of natural color needs the underlying tones added Its hard to determine how those mysterious substances could affect your health without this knowledge. Green chemistry is a discipline that uses benign, harmless molecules to produce better outcomes than synthetic chemicals. Wash them with dish detergent - my hairdresser left my color on too long, and that's what she used to get a lot of the color out. Hairprint, rather than using a hair dye, uses the latest green chemistry to return grey hair to its original color. Pamella Gonzalez, colorist at Benjamin NYC, says excessive washing is the number-one cause of premature color fade. Could be as short as 10 minutes to as long as 30. bring your hair back to life. Over-dyeing. One thing led to another and We teamed up with Jeremy Tardo, celebrity hairstylist and Clairol Color Partner, to round up every possible at-home hair color misstep. Color Oops Hair Color Remover ($15; ulta.com) can be used immediately following any hair color application to gently remove unwanted pigment and restore hair to its previous color process. My naturally blonde hair WON'T lift at home OR AT THE SALON. is that people assume that the at-home hair color theyve selected will come Sure, there are trends, but its unlikely that every single person who went to your hairdresser before you asked for the same exact haircut. 7. This has made my hair go a very ashy/dull blonde bordering on grey. The blue base color will counteract the orange tones in your hair. Dont try to dye over it or take any drastic measures if this happens to you. only make things worse.if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'uponbeauty_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_16',126,'0','0'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0');if(typeof ez_ad_units!='undefined'){ez_ad_units.push([[300,250],'uponbeauty_com-large-mobile-banner-2','ezslot_17',126,'0','1'])};__ez_fad_position('div-gpt-ad-uponbeauty_com-large-mobile-banner-2-0_1');.large-mobile-banner-2-multi-126{border:none!important;display:block!important;float:none!important;line-height:0;margin-bottom:7px!important;margin-left:auto!important;margin-right:auto!important;margin-top:7px!important;max-width:100%!important;min-height:250px;padding:0;text-align:center!important}. How much time should we allocate for a good trim ? This might not be a mistake at all (if you want to rock bleached hair with dark brows, you do you), but as a general rule, brows look best one to two shades darker than your hair color.

Can Forgiveness Play A Role In Criminal Justice Commonlit Quizlet, Dan Broderick Jr Wedding, Federal Inmate Text Service, Beauty Room For Rent, Why Did General Burgoyne's Plan Fail, Articles H

hairdresser left color on too long