hoi4 cannot transport to a non naval base

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

Both ports and supply hubs are constructed using the construction interface, shown in the screenshot below. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. Have the division railroad to the nearest port and then shift right click on the target port to queue naval transport option. If my initial naval invasion is successful and my army grabs the province, how do I get more units to land? Double standards. I want to get my new divisions over there to make sure I'm all good. I am definitely missing something. Each ship has a number of slots for modules depending on its hull type, located above and below its portrait in the ship design screen. From this save I had moved troops across water no problem. An air units supply is based on the level of supply in the province containing the airbase. I am trying to do a naval invasion. Mostly only subs and tradeships. Now, I can't. houseboat netherlands / brigada pagbasa 2021 memo region 5 / hoi4 cannot transport to a non naval base. I don't want to restart; that'd just make me not play the game again. For me it always auto-assigned. In this particular instance once the naval attackers landed, I gave the army a new order to attack inland. Edit: I just loaded back to a previous save, before I had the war goal with China. If more trucks have been assigned to support hubs than are available, then the benefits will be reduced, in proportion to the shortfall in trucks. Ships are grouped into fleets. You must log in or register to reply here. Press question mark to learn the rest of the keyboard shortcuts. Steps for a naval invasion: 1. However, supply flowing from a province in a level one infrastructure state to another bordering province in the same level one infrastructure state, will flow as if it was level one infrastructure. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Prepare your navy and your marines to the closest islands owned (Marshall Islands) to naval invade Hawaii then to West Coast America, the final ocean province outside of California can be reached by separating your three 4000km range light carriers (Hosho, Akagi and Kaga). #4 Quicksilver Jun 13, 2016 @ 1:05am First click the naval invasion button. I have 50 ships between the Yellow Sea and East China Sea, with 100% supremacy in both. Archived. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America). They work similar to naval invasions, just their range is limited, you need air superiority to execute them, they are much faster and instead of convoys, you need enough transport planes in the local air base to bring all your paratroopers to the target location. It's very important to bear in mind that hub supply falloff works increases significantly for every extra province distant from the hub, port or capital - so while it is possible to extend hub range, individual changes may be relatively small, and it will often take a substantial investment to increase range enough to push it out to the next province from the hub. I saw that you need ship to transport your troops to cross a sea. Like state supply, the total amount of supply provided via this is available in any province in the air zone in which the air supply mission is flown (regardless of whether it is in range of the transport aircraft or not). BICE also introduces a minimum consumer goods level . A comprehensive account of the Iran-Iraq War through the lens of the Iraqi regime and its senior military commanders. Aerial supply is provided by transport aircraft flying Air Supply missions. This is with the divisions in Kyushu selected, hovering over Korea and the East China Sea. Francisco Craveiro Lopes (Quartermaster General): . I am playing my first game as Japan. you basically just described r/worldnews (without the racism). The tooltips in the supply mapmode are invaluable, and hovering over different items shows different information: Hub supply is the amount of supply provided by supply hubs or ports (which act as supply hubs). Selecting the supply hub, and then clicking the middle (top) of the three icons that appears. Note, however, that if youre fighting on allied territory, you cant use the state supply system. I cannot move ANY troops across any water to any province, only by land. What are best Hearth of Iron 4 mods that'll make your Hoi4 . The risk of moving your troops by sea is that if you don't have control of the sea zones you're moving through your convoys will be intercepted and destroyed and you will very quickly lose all your divisions. All rights reserved. I have no idea how to get my forces over to Europe. Restarting the game fixed it. Maybe it will come in handy in the future when your game bugs out. Identify patterns and common expectations among the new players. Redirect to: Construction#Naval base; Retrieved from "https . I have set everything up and can see the arrow going to the target but I just cannot assign any divisions. I often have a problem of wanting to transport troops to a place that they can reach by land, especially if it involves going through an enemy. This book is a history of the modern U.S. Navy. Press J to jump to the feed. Xsolla is an authorized global distributor of Paradox Interactive. Yes, in HoI4, naval invasions are a confusing game mechanic. right when they go to the port they go right back, They are probably in an army that has an active plan (frontline etc), only happens in my captured province in the middle east. Hearts of Iron 4 can be unapologetic ally brutal to new wargamers with the sheer amount of systems involved, and especially after several DLCs and patches. Each extra click will place construction orders to increase it by a further level. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. By accepting all cookies, you agree to our use of cookies to deliver and maintain our services and site, improve the quality of Reddit, personalize Reddit content and advertising, and measure the effectiveness of advertising. There are three elements to be mindful of when looking at hub supply: In most situations, at time of writing, the most common supply issues are based on insufficient supply in a given province, rather than insufficient total hub supply capacity. I suppose this is humor. and our (MtG did away with the manual rebasing of a specific home base from which to calculate range.) Which was either introduced recently or hugely increased, Is there some kind of a penalty for occupation done by non-majors? For naval units, being less than fully supplied impacts directly on spotting efficiency and repair speed, but it also reduces the rate of fuel received, which depending on the fuel situation can have an impact on their efficiency in combat as well. If a division is cut off from the capital, even if it is in full supply due to occupying a victory point or another source of state supply, or due to air supply, it will not receive manpower or equipment reinforcements. If a division is below full supply, a faded or bright red crate icon will appear on its on-map icon, and on its icon in the list of divisions in the army. I get the same . When capturing a railroad on territory that is not your core, the cooldown until the railroad can be used is 10 days, while its 5 if the territory is a core state, and there is no cooldown if the war is a civil war. It will not work in later versions. #8. qwe229a . Aug 3, 2016 @ 6:17pm or we have no access there #7. equinox1911. Press J to jump to the feed. Which was either introduced recently or hugely increased, as I don't recall capturing half of Germany's VP and getting. I'm convinced it's a bug, so I tried reloading then restarting, but no luck. Higher levels of infrastructure also allow supply from a hub to reach further, by reducing the drop-off in supply flow from the hub (to a maximum reduction in drop-off of 0.3 for level 5 infrastructure). In the end, the people's dream was . How do I align things in the following tabular environment? Train requirements for the network as a whole can be found in the logistics tooltip, which can be brought up by hovering over the logistics icon at the top of the screen (it looks like a crate with a percentage next to it). A divisions supply will move towards the amount that can be supported in the province, whether thats up or down. Most of the entries in the NAME column of the output from lsof +D /tmp do not begin with /tmp. The number of airplanes involved in a port strike is increased by the port strike value (e.g. But putting units in a port, and then clicking on a distant port simply makes them scurry across the continent of Asia. I don't think civ5 was worse off for removing them; I think people are simply very touchy about perceived "dumbing down". I don't want to restart; that'd just make me not play the game again. How to show that an expression of a finite type must be one of the finitely many possible values. Answer: Well, I have seen the stats for Bangladesh in the modded version of the HOI4 game for 2017. Video: Great Khan Achievement with Mongolia. This will make the troops transport across the water. Incorporate these expectations in the naval invasion mechanic. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. "Split Czechoslovakia")? Railways can be built in controlled, allied or subject territory at any time, and do not need to wait for a supply hub to be completed (or even started). JavaScript is disabled. Like manpower, the rate of fuel resupply slows if a unit is not fully supplied. Independent Financial Advisor Payouts, For instance, I set up an amphibious invasion plan for a port along the southern coast of China. Suggestion for improvement of UI for naval transportation from friendly to friendly area: Suggestion for improvement of UI for naval transportation from friendly to friendly area. This is accessed (using default settings) with the F4 key, or selecting the mapmode from the icon in the bottom-right corner of the screen. I feel a bit stupid having to ask this, but how do you transport a division by ship? At 100% mission efficiency each fully supplied transport plane flying in good weather is capable of providing 0.2 supply per plane. All rights reserved. ITT: People who didn't read the article and think HoI4 just became Civ5. There is something missing, and now I know what it is. Why this invasion is not being executed? I wish there was a manual embark option. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. That gave me a valid war goal, though I have not declared war with China yet. hoi4 cannot transport to a non naval base. 1 invasion per army. Depending on motorization level, each hub needs 0, 40, or 80 trucks (icon symbols: horse, one truck, two trucks). The final of the three pillars of the supply system is aerial supply. Two Ocean Navy Act Sub-branch ; This Branch gives naval technology research boosts and production cost modifiers. I'm literally punching the desk out of frustration that I can't move troops from Italy down to Ethiopia to help in the war. I tried to add one tank division and were unable to confirm invasion. To toggle supply for allies off (or back on) for a particular hub, click on the hub, and then select the blue flag to the left and above the supply hub symbol (see examples below). Armoured trains are a special type of train that is more resistant to enemy Logistics Strike air missions. You also have to set up an offensive line and remember to assign them to it ( that works for me ). Identify patterns and common expectations among the new players. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. The other way to achieve hub motorization, is to assign it at the army level. The purpose of the focus group is to understand how a player new to HoI4 would expect to conduct a naval invasion. The train requirements for a hub can be seen in the tooltip for that hub. For more information, please see our Note that the level of infrastructure that matters is the level of infrastructure for state containing the province from which the supply is flowing. If you land in a non-port region you have three days to secure one before you run out of supply. As in the game Hearts of Iron IV perform landing troops? Be mindful that each level of infrastructure costs 6000 CIC such that four levels of infrastructure in one state cost more than a new supply hub. I'm having my usual problems with the plans. Since the release of Hoi4, players have figured out that base provinces have around 80 combat width. Supply hubs provide supply to each province based on a number of factors, the most important of which is the number of provinces between the province being supplied and the supply hub, with this being modified by the level of the rail connection to the supply hub from the capital, the level of infrastructure, terrain, and the weather. Provinces received supply from all hubs in range. In Hearts of Iron 4, logistics consists of getting personnel (replacements), and equipment where they need to be in order to support the fighting forces, as well as ensuring the level of supply where the unit is, is high enough for that unit to operate effectively. Browse other questions tagged, Start here for a quick overview of the site, Detailed answers to any questions you might have, Discuss the workings and policies of this site. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. I have no navy, and no idea how to even build a navy. Economy Policy: Similar to the base game, this law represents your country's industrial mobilization to war. Aug 4, 2016 @ 9:49am When you go to the naval overlay every sea zone the . Air doctrine is a technology group that allows a nation to specialize the way its air force conducts air warfare. By default, you can draw supply from your allies supply hubs, and your allies can draw supply from your supply hubs. Opening up the production interface, and selecting the Railways button, and then clicking on one of the white numbers in a black circle on a rail connection between two hubs this will place construction orders to increase the rail level between the two hubs by one level. Transport Planes are used to stage paradrops with Paratrooper divisions. To move troops across water you have to first move them to a province with a Naval dock/Port, which looks like an anchor on the map. strengths and weaknesses of interpersonal communication; importance of set design in theatre; biltmore forest country club membership cost. This can be pretty annoying to do an may take a few fleets to get right. Reddit Coins 0 coins Reddit Premium Explore. Why do small African island nations perform better than African continental nations, considering democracy and human development? See the table below for some examples: Infrastructure provides 0.3 per level of infrastructure, as long as the infrastructure is undamaged (see the table below for infrastructure values) if damaged, however, the amount of state supply provided by infrastructure is reduced until the damage is repaired. Espaol - Latinoamrica (Spanish - Latin America). Increasing the level of the rail connection to the hub. Hi all, I have a simple question (I hope) regarding naval invasions. Aug 3, 2016 @ 6:19pm You need naval surpremacy iirc in all the zones it would pass through. By Posted split sql output into multiple files In tribute to a mother in twi This is driving me nuts. These troops had orders assigned with an army that would bring them to the inactive front line and I tried using them while unassigned and just moving around. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. This command can be used to either activate the teleportation tool (if no arguments provided), or instantly teleport any selected ships or armies to the province with the specified ID. Needs to be on a coastal region and takes up a shared construction slot. Do roots of these polynomials approach the negative of the Euler-Mascheroni constant? Observe and document the new players and non-players' attempts to conduct a naval invasion. The other is an armoured train, more on which below. I cannot move ANY troops across any water to any province, only by land. TL;DR: transports have basically been merged into the convoy system. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other countries. These troops had orders assigned with an army that would bring them to the inactive front line and I tried using them while unassigned and just moving around. This is a community maintained wiki. Your troops need to be assigned to an army. How the fuck do I naval transport my soldiers to my own port? If you are fighting in the English channel then you want to have 5-6 Battleship 2's or 3's 5-7 Battlecrusier 2's 10-12 Light cruisers. Remove "random state" infrastructure rewards from focuses and allow us to place the reward upgrades manually. 50% more aircraft are involved in a port strike if you have the first "Base Strike" naval doctrine ). Now, I can't. The books are compact, tightly-bound paperback, full-size (8 1/2 by 11 inches), with large text and glossy covers. Bright red: There is insufficient supply for the units in this province, and they are suffering significant supply-related penalties. Please see the example provided by the two screenshots below for a bit more detail. None of the other categories seem to fit, and at least I got a good laugh out of AI stupidity. I've gone through several threads and cannot find a definitive answer: You must log in or register to reply here. click on the army commander and you'll see on the left a naval invasion icon, click on that and choose the starting port, then right click on the invasion site, then wait while your units prepare, then click on the go button to start the invasion, Yeah, I've done that, but it still says '0/0 Convoys available for troop transport', Have you checked if you can pass the straight at Turkey? With the first naval invasion tech, you can only transport 10 units. Valve Corporation. When I hover over the "go" button, no flags are raised. JavaScript is disabled. Converted to per 1 million people, the scale slides from 0.3 supply per million sparsely populated states to 0.18 supply per million in very densely populated states (e.g. The supply mapmode shades each province by its supply situation. Increasing the level of infrastructure in the area. Acidity of alcohols and basicity of amines, Is there a solutiuon to add special characters from software and how to do it. See the three screenshots and their captions below for an example of this in action. A fresh and acclaimed account of the Spanish Civil War by the bestselling author of Stalingrad and The Battle of Arnhem To mark the 70th anniversary of the Spanish Civil War's outbreak, Antony Beevor has written a completely updated and The fascist party, led by Sven Olov Lindholm, has 3% support, the non-aligned party, led by Axel Pehrsson-Bramstorp, has 14%, and the communist party, led by Sven Linderot, has 8%. i just got the game and i put them on a province with a port and clicking on another port but does it have to be your port or could it be a friendly port? Scamp Crossword Clue 9 Letters, Then it will ask you to right click (i think, dont have game open atm, tooltip will say) the landing point. Furthermore, you could start taking some of the focusses from "Plan East". Once a hub is motorized, one or two small trucks (depending on the level of motorization) will be visible as part of the supply hub icon (a green truck or trucks indicates that the hub has been directly motorized, while grey truck(s) indicates it has been motorized by a nearby army more on that below). Air Base construction speed: +15.00% Naval Base construction speed: +15.00% Radar Station construction speed: +15.00% Rocket Site construction speed: +15.00% Nuclear Reactor construction speed: +15.00% In order to have a strong nation, we cannot rely only on the Metropolitan Army. I've found other people online who have encountered similar issues, usually with people responding "give more details" so, let me know if you need more. From Hearts of Iron 4 Wiki. Hopefully Germany won't be able to wave a magic wand and invade Britain. Hello everyone, I'm trying to invade Italy via marine invasion, however, I have 4k convoys, but I don't know how to convert them into transports? I've been trying to invade Iceland and Greenland for about 8 in-game months now, with small contingents. Purple: there is a small amount, or no available supply, but there are no units suffering from the effects of low supply in this province. The total supply hub/port capacity is based on the connection between the hub/port and the capital, and for ports, the level of the port (both where the convoy departs, and where it arrives). Valve Corporation. Naval warfare. As well as the base model train, two other train models can be researched over the course of the game. 2 Answers. A supply hub will also require a connection to the capital, traced via rail or river. This is with the divisions in Kyushu selected, hovering over Korea and the East China Sea. Like lets say I want to move troops from New Orelans to NY in peace time. Supplies are not produced, but rather the level of supply in a province represents a support capacity (it could be thought of as a soft stacking limit). 6. NOTE: In order to use this command, you must add '-debug' to your HOI4 launch options - it will not work otherwise. The amount of supply a division requires for full supply is based on a range of elements, including the line battalions, the support battalions (logistics battalions reduce overall supply use), weather and the capabilities of their commanders. You must log in or register to reply here. I have 50 ships between the Yellow Sea and East China Sea, with 100% supremacy in both. If you don't have enough convoys you can't launch an invasion. Note that the full benefits of motorization will only be received if sufficient trucks are available. This is a very important and insightful report because many of the cost assessments for these technologies in the past, which concluded they were too expensive, are no longer applicable. Graco Extend2fit 3-in-1 Vs 4-in-1, There seems to be a disagreement among the posters in the above link, one saying you need transports (bottom of ship list), and another saying convoys suffice. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. Right click on the port that you want your armies to arrive at, and theyll depart from the nearest port. I tried to invade Malta but my 8 troops always got it's ass kicked despite artillery, air and naval superiority there by angry Brits. I click the green "go", the arrows on the plan route move (normally they are stalled if something is wrong), and the troops sit there at the origin ports. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. This has the advantage of reduced micromanagement of hub motorization levels, but it can lead to fluctuating demands for troops, as the number of hubs in range of the army changes over time. Both weather and terrain have an impact on the supply system - the tables in the weather and terrain pages on the wiki provide the figures for the various supply impacts for different terrain/weather states. (40 second video) :. Each land unit also has an internal supply situation, that is separate from, but related to, the level of supply in a province. Unable to Stream Audio via OBS Studio for HoI 4. The supply requirements for an air wing are determined by the amount of supply they are able to provide via their mission efficiency so all else being equal, a wing of transport aircraft that can cover a greater proportion of the air zone will provide more air supply than the same sized wing using a different airfield that gives it less coverage. How to disable naval transport on an army or at least in general. I've used troops from a different army, same issue. Archived. Note that fuel works a bit differently to manpower or equipment. rev2023.3.3.43278. Hope this helps. All His Children has provided care for my son that has gone above and beyond our expectations. That Developer of Naval Invasions enrolls brand new players (or even non-gamers) into a focus group. That wikilink posted by safe-keeper is good. Holding down the Shift key will show the range of the supply hub (at that time range can change with weather). Port: Amount of supply requested of the hub, and shows paths to any ships that may be drawing Hub (but not State) supplies from the port. The United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland (more commonly "the United Kingdom," "UK", "Great Britain", or simply "Britain") was the principal power of the Allies in World War II. The extra supply grace provided is described in terms of hours, but this is only broadly indicative, as the rate of reduction in stored supply can vary depending on the situation the division finds itself in. Close. We use cookies on our websites for a number of purposes, including analytics and performance, functionality and advertising. I didn't think they were a chore or that they took too much time to deal with. I have been previously moving divisions around freely, from Japan to Korea, the Caroline islands to North China. For example, if playing as Italy, I may try to land behind French lines, and the invasion goes fine, but if I click to reinforce, the default is to order the units to try to blast though the lines rather than naval transport to the captured port. While rail lines may or may not need repairing (rail can be damaged by strategic bombing, or by your opponent using scorched earth before they lose control of the state), they wont be available for use right away in most situations. Search within r/hoi4. I can't figure out how to get them on a boat for sea travel from Europe to India.

Weber Grill Knob Lights Won't Turn Off, Articles H

hoi4 cannot transport to a non naval base