how old was michael douglas in romancing the stone

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

Douglas told Variety in 2019 while marking the films 35th anniversary thatwe couldnt get a direct answer whether [Debra] was committed or not and we had concerns after being down [to Mexico] with [Zemeckis] on locations and seeing how difficult it was going to be. Well, we've all got our problems today. Jack Colton : Lots of fun. But it takes so much to convince them., She described making the movie as really fun. : But when they start to open their mouth, thats their power. What about the bridge? Why haven't you taken the map away from me? The New York Times opened its review by writing, "There's nothing in The Jewel of the Nile that wasn't funnier or more fanciful in Romancing the Stone. Jack Colton You got the map! : Oh, yeah, sure. [lowering gun, opening door and walking out]. Well, they don't have to know about this. : : Romancing The Stone combined a fun adventure with the potent chemistry between Turner and Douglas, and while the studio expected little from it, it turned out to be a surprise hit. Joan flies to Colombia to rescue her in an adventure that introduces her to the love of her life, Jack T. Colton (Michael Douglas). Get the best of Fox News' entertainment coverage, right in your inbox. Jack Colton When I got to the hotel in Fez, Michael and I sat down on the floor with three versions of the script. Romancing the Stone: The Golden Ages of British Sculpture ep.1. You've got rush hour. A mousy romance novelist sets off for Colombia to ransom her kidnapped sister, and soon finds herself in the middle of a dangerous adventure hunting for treasure with a mercenary rogue. Though she can spin wild tales of passionate romance, novelist Joan Wilder has no life of her own. When the movie was over, I said to my agent who gave me the script, who is now my partner Jack Rapke if another script ever comes across your desk that has a slug line in it that says Exterior. Jack Colton : Ralph and Jack team up to find Joan and the fabled jewel. There's got to be another clue here. In the film, Turner. : : You're not going anywhere. "They met to discuss it at a Mexican restaurant, and she bit him, or so he said.". In Kadir, Omar intends to use a smoke-and-mirror special effect provided by a British rock promoter to convince onlookers that he is the prophet who will unite the Arab world. [seeing something on the map] Pas : USA "La ciudad perdida" pelcula de comedia, accin y aventuras producida en USA. : In the end, being only three weeks behind schedule was a minor triumph for Douglas. Michael Douglas says Debra Winger lost part in 'Romancing the Stone' after biting him - 1breakingnew. Join. Romancing the Stone was thrilling, she said. : The trainer, the one who later almost lost his hand, said when they are really [sleeping], they are not so dangerous. Jack Colton I think I'm going to throw another key on the fire. : We got him to the hospital in time. To get a 'PG' rating in the UK, a scene near the end where the villain gets his hand bitten off by a crocodile was removed. Well, yes, I am. Joan Wilder Trustworthy. No, please, I'm getting dizzy. 30. r/OldSchoolCool. Robert Zemeckis-- The Director: 33: 71: No: Michael Douglas: 40: 78: No . That's Spanish for "the heart." Her voice has got its recognition as she has used her voice in Who Framed Roger Rabbit, Monster House. What is all this? By Susan King. [after going over a waterfall] Jack Colton "I break down in tears and say 'I can't go to the jungle with her, she bit me, look, she bit me in the arm,'" Douglas said. : "[9], Colin Greenland reviewed The Jewel of the Nile for White Dwarf #77, and stated that "The Jewel of the Nile is the sequel to Romancing the Stone, another adventure fantasy with just the right pinch of preposterousness. : [looks at the picture of the yacht again, then back at Jack] : "[19] Roger Ebert agreed that " it is not quite the equal of Romancing the Stone," but praised the interplay between Douglas and Turner. "I dont know, man, Im thinking, This could be rough. She seems interested, and I go back, and shes broken the skin!". Cuenta con una buena puntuacin en IMDb: 6.1 estrellas de 10. It was, 'Ill do this if youll do that.' It was frustrating."[11]. Jack Colton *I've* got it. Waterfall. Yeah. : Three decades after they appeared together in Romancing the Stone, Michael Douglas and Danny DeVito, both 71-years-old, are still close friends. Thomas, Douglas said, had always wanted a Porsche. I read your books! LinkedIn. [Zolo motions to one of cronies, who hits Jack in the groin. Jack Colton Actor Michael Douglas faces eight weeks of treatment. : Thank you! We would like to buy it or rent it, we need to get to a town. 15 days ago. ROMANCING THE STONE SPECIAL EDITION and JEWEL OF THE NILE SPECIAL EDITION are new releases of these hit comic adventures starring Michael Douglas, KathleenTurner and Danny DeVito with never-before-seen deleted scenes and featurettes. Someday if I had the money, I'd take you we'd sail away around the world and back again. The 64-year-old reveals that "the sexual attraction was all . What the hell are you doing? : What happened was for some reason, the guy who was the head of physical production at Fox at the time, he had it out for our movie, said Zemeckis. Joan Wilder : And just to throw another log on the fire, he is reportedly worth about $145 million. Jack Colton : : : Understatement of the year, asshole. : After a star-making debut as a sexy femme fatale in the 1981 noir Body Heat, Turner had to fight right away to get out of that rut of being typecast. Juan Romancing the Stone is an important milestone in Douglas' career for a couple of reasons. Jack Colton Now, we get our hands on this El Corazon, then you got something to bargain with. Lady, you are a jinx! Whatever's at the end of this map is your sister's life. She was just great in it. How to watch online, stream, rent or buy Romancing the Stone in the UK + release dates, reviews and trailers. "As entertaining as [the finished film] was, you dont walk away going, Wow, those women did that. You kind of go, Is that true?" Winger added. (Feb. 27). Jack Colton : You're the best time I've ever had. : Mm-hmm. But then, the "Fatal Attraction" star claimed that on the way out, the actress leaned over and bit his arm. : We were going to need somebody to be a total team player. : I could've been a cosmetic surgeon, five hundred thou a year, up to my neck in tits and ass. Release Dates Jack Colton : With Romancing the Stone, the late screenwriter Diane Thomas created memorable characters and a clever premise: plain jane Joan Wilder (Turner), who writes steamy romance novels featuring a feisty heroine and a handsome adventurer, finds herself in the jungles of Colombia when she gets a frantic call from her sister who has been kidnapped by antiquities smugglers. What the hell are you talking about? Joan Wilder Check out what clicked this week in entertainment. Just try to look mean. (Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images). But, I couldn't get over that ocean, though, you know. The situations that we put her in I just could not imagine any other actress doing that. Try to get enough money together to buy a boat and sail around the world. So they're ransoming your sister for this El Corazon. ", "Films Viewed by President and MRS. Reagan", "Exclusive: Romancing the Stone remake still on? : They began working together in theater in the 1960s and through One . Is it, uh, poisonous? I love the ocean. It feeds right into the Amazon. With the 78-year-old Michael Douglas set to reprise his role as Hank Pym in Ant-Man and the Wasp: . I saw that tree today, the Devil's Fork, it's on the map. And when Douglas grabbed the tail of an alligator who had eaten the titular stone, the reptile gave him two powerful whacks in the face. Where are you going? Jack Colton While moored at a port in the South of France, Joan, suffering writer's block, wants to return to New York, while Jack prefers aimlessly sailing the world on his boat, the Angelina. : This review of Romancing the Stone (1984) was written by Jeff B on 05 August 2011. All by yourself? : That man Jack Colton Their chemistry on screen sizzles in 1984's Romancing the Stone and was obvious to audiences and Hollywood bosses - and, indeed, to Douglas' wife. Forever. Douglas intervened on her behalf and ensured that a rewrite was made. Jungle. No, senor, see we Juan Joan Wilder Joan Wilder? I said, Well, I dont care if it was the first time or the tenth time, if the material is good, then the material finds its own value., When it came to writing the 1985 sequel, The Jewel of the Nile, Thomas was busy working on various projects. This time, instead of Jesse and Angelina in Joan's wild-west scenario, Joan and Jack are about to be married when pirates attack their ship. Turner will play one of Douglas ex-wives, who is a physician with Doctors Without Borders. Michael, a two-time Oscar winner, and his family have an illustrious history with Hollywood (Image: GETTY) In 2009, the actor was jailed for eight years after his exploits selling crystal meth. Juan Free shipping for many products! In the final production, Geena Davis took the Winger's role. : Michael Douglas says he's never been in psychotherapy, and he doesn't engage in self-analysis. She was also seen in the famous sitcom called Friends as Chandler Bing's drag queen father Charles Bing. About only about two months later, she got killed in the car.. Joan Wilder Who the hell are you? Jack Colton Joan Wilder [following the treasure map and coming to an apparent dead end] Another bus? Jack Colton : I'll meet you there! Michael Douglas is revealing that Debra Winger was set to star in "Romancing the Stone," but in a way, she bit her chances goodbye. Yeah sure I do. I wanted to try to get the part, it was very difficult, Douglas said. Look, Jack. : Joan Wilder Cartagena? While Ralph is genuinely happy for Jack and Joan, he laments once again having gained nothing for his efforts, but Tarak acknowledges that he is a true Sufi friend and presents him with a jeweled dagger as Jack and Joan happily sail away down the Nile. Turner was so hot in that movie - really gorgeous. Read Next: CAA Signs Industry, Rye Lane Star David Jonsson (EXCLUSIVE), Idris Elba Says Backlash Over Not Calling Himself a Black Actor Is Stupid: Where Am I Denying My Blackness?, Michelle Yeoh Says Hollywood Questioned If I Even Spoke English After 1997 Bond Film: I Didnt Work for Two Years Due to Stereotype Offers, Ke Huy Quan Lost His Health Insurance Right After Filming Everything Everywhere All at Once: Nobody Else Wanted to Hire Me, Tom Sizemore, Saving Private Ryan Actor, Dies at 61, Reality TV Star Stephen Bear Jailed for 21 Months Over OnlyFans Sex Video, Jonathan Majors Confronts Those Terrible Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania Reviews: It Doesnt Change How I See Myself, New Alien Movie Starts Filming in March, Reveals Cryptic Synopsis and Full Cast, Why Sylvester Stallone Is Not in 'Creed 3', Michelle Yeoh Says Hollywood Questioned If I Even Spoke English After 1997 Bond Film: I Didnt Work for Two Years Due to Stereotype, 21 Best Movies New to Streaming in March: Murder Mystery 2, Triangle of Sadness and More, Harry Potter Star Evanna Lynch: I Wish People Would Give J.K. Rowling More Grace and Listen to Her, Britain's $4 Billion Boss: ITV Chief Carolyn McCall Bets It All on Talent, 2023 Music Festivals: How to Buy Tickets to Coachella, Governors Ball, Lollapalooza and More. Jack Colton Michael Douglas and Kathleen Turner star alongside Danny DeVito in this high-flying romance adventure. : We use cookies to improve your experience on Flicks, analyse traffic, and measure ads. I knew it would happen. 1985 adventure comedy film by Lewis Teague, Promotional film poster by Robert Rodriguez. " Romancing the Stone " looks like a fun adventure romp onscreen, but making the Michael Douglas - Kathleen Turner movie that turns 35 this week was no stroll through the jungle. All this? Jack Colton The 66-year-old was cast in the 1992 movie "A League of Their Own." Joan Wilder : What is all this? Try the key. Jack Colton Jack Colton It was so explosively successful on screen. Romancing the Stone is a 1984 action-adventure romantic comedy film directed by Robert Zemeckis, written by Diane Thomas and produced by Michael Douglas, who also starred in the film alongside co-stars Kathleen Turner and Danny DeVito.The film follows a romance novelist who must venture beyond her New York City comfort zone to Colombia in order to save her sister from criminals who are holding . [14], As with the first film, the novelization of the sequel was credited to Joan Wilder, the character played by Kathleen Turner; both books were actually ghostwritten by Catherine Lanigan. Jack Colton Michael Douglas claimed that Debra Winger was replaced by Kathleen Turner after a bizarre incident. But very tasty. Jack Colton What's the name of that hotel in Cartagena? My minimum price for taking a stranded lady to a telephone is 400 dollars. American Express? Reddit and its partners use cookies and similar technologies to provide you with a better experience. : Oh, marijuana. Joan Wilder Joan Wilder Joan Wilder Michael Douglas, others show support for Ukraine at SAGs, On the SAG Awards' silver carpet, actor Michael Douglas shows his support for Ukraine while others express their sadness over conflict. He really kept saying to the studio, I really want the energy thats in Used Cards to be in this movie. There was a sort of feeling of we were all on a mission., There was an innocence about the production with all of us, said Douglas. Hilarious and very entertaining. Well, what does the "T" stand for? : Jack Colton Fox News Flash top entertainment headlines 4/28, Film industry reacts to death of 'Saving Private Ryan' star Tom Sizemore: 'You're a legend', Matthew McConaughey and Camila Alves take bumpy second flight after 'CHAOS' on Lufthansa plane: 'Wish me luck', Kelsey Grammer wont apologize for the 'difference' that Jesus has made in his life, Person roaming in 'Scream' Ghostface costume prompts multiple police calls, Kelsea Ballerini kisses Chase Stokes after criticizing ex amid nasty divorce. : The other trainer, who was also the mans brother, went down and wedged the gators mouth open to rescue his brother. (Robin Marchant/Getty Images), Turner spoke about the alleged bite in her 2008 memoir "Send Yourself Roses. One hell of a morning has turned into a bitch of a day! By rejecting non-essential cookies, Reddit may still use certain cookies to ensure the proper functionality of our platform. MICHAEL DOUGLAS SAYS FATHER KIRK DOUGLAS TAUGHT HIM TO NOT GET CAUGHT UP IN THE IMAGE PEOPLE TRY TO CREATE, Michael Douglas claimed that Debra Winger was replaced by Kathleen Turner after a bizarre incident. Romancing the Stone Released: 1984 Director: Robert Zemeckis IMDb Rating: 6.9. [7][8][4], At the time, both Kathleen Turner and Michael Douglas only made the sequel because they were contractually obligated to do so, although Douglas was much more invested in the film as its producer. Joan Wilder Yeah. The most 80s pic of my childhood, maybe of anybody's. 127. And I'll be there! Cocoon was given to Ron Howard to direct. Jack Colton : : 1BN-RADIO. Get to the American Consulate. Michael Douglas claimed that Debra Winger was set to star alongside him in "Romancing the Stone," but she lost the role after a bizarre incident. as Jack T. Colton. Though she can spin wild tales of passionate romance, novelist Joan Wilder has no life of her own. What we didnt know was the wire had gotten loose and gotten off., The two trainers took a boat over to where the gator was and got into the water. The best way to help your sister is to get that treasure and if you waltz into Cartagena you're holding all the cards. It wouldnt be the last time the pair appeared together on-screen. Free shipping for many products! : It's beautiful. Filming & Production : [falling down a mudslide] Joan Wilder Ralph is captured by Tarak's rebel Sufi tribe who are sworn to protect the Jewel so he can fulfill his people's destiny. [Zolo is interrogating Joan about El Corazon's whereabouts , threatening to feed her to the crocodiles by using her bleeding hand as a lure]. : You kind of go, 'Is that true?' I'm hot-wiring the car. Quit steering. Yes, Scream VI Marketing Is Behind the Creepy Ghostface Sightings Causing Scares Across the U.S. David Oyelowo, Taylor Sheridan's 'Bass Reeves' Series at Paramount+ Casts King Richard Star Demi Singleton (EXCLUSIVE), Star Trek: Discovery to End With Season 5, Paramount+ Pushes Premiere to 2024. [the crocodile proceeds to scissor off Zolo's hand, swallowing the stone with it, leaving a bloody stump behind. Though Douglas had won the Oscar for producing the 1975 best picture winner One Flew Over the Cuckoos Nest and had produced and appeared in such films as 1979s The China Syndrome, he was thought of more as a television actor due to his starring role in the 1970s detective series, The Streets of San Francisco.. Seor, buenas tardes. Jack Colton I knew it! Oh, sure. Michael Douglas has claimed Debra Winger was lined-up to play Kathleen Turner's role in Romancing The Stone - but she lost the role after biting him. | Jack later runs into Ralph (Danny DeVito), the swindler from Jack and Joan's previous adventure in Colombia, who demands Jack turn over the stone Jack and Joan found. : Whoo-hoo-hoo! : Jack, Joan, and Al-Julhara arrive to expose Omar but are captured. Joan Wilder Joan, of course, is like a fish out of water in the jungles until shes saved by hunky exotic bird smuggler Jack Colton (Douglas). Kirk, 101, is an American actor, producer, director, and author. : Zolo screams in agony as Jack, Joan, Elaine and Iran and Raph watch in shock and horror]. : I was totally enthralled with her.. Michael Douglas said on a recent episode of Rob Lowes Literally! podcast that he refused to work with Debra Winger in Romancing the Stone after a meeting between them ended with Winger allegedly biting Douglas. Stop! " Romancing the Stone " looks like a fun adventure romp onscreen, but making the Michael Douglas - Kathleen Turner movie that turns 35 this . Filmow. All rights reserved. : Night. The song performed by Billy Ocean, "When the Going Gets Tough, the Tough Get Going", became a major international hit, reaching #1 in the UK and #2 in the US. Zolo For her role as Dottie, she trained with the Chicago Cubs for three months. Joan tells Jack that the jewel is not a gem stone but Al-Julhara. [a crocodile emerges and bites Zolo's hand]. Winger, who had trained withthe Chicago Cubs for three months for the role, said the actors did not train long enough to look convincing playing baseballon screen except for Lori Petty and Davis who"did OK,"she admits. / Michael Douglas / Kathleen Turner in groer Auswahl Vergleichen Angebote und Preise Online kaufen bei eBay Kostenlose Lieferung fr viele Artikel!

Mahoning Valley Scrappers Promotions, Pine County Police Scanner, Why Does Sansa Marry Tyrion, Sports Card Shows In California 2022, Articles H

how old was michael douglas in romancing the stone