known crew member prohibited items

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

That's right. If any crew member wanted to cause harm they could. Enter your email address here and we will send you an email with your username and instructions on how to change your password. hungama 2 box office collection I am not trying to disparage flight attendants, of course they are important but they are not the same as pilots and there are multiple rational grounds for distinguishing between them. After all, theres big money in smuggling drugs, and perhaps some newly minted flight attendants dont feel like they have that much to lose career-wise. Failure to follow these rules could result in temporary or permanent loss of KCM privileges. Secondly, its rather disturbing that TSA agents have very little oversight in regards to entering secure areas with bags, purses, etc. Eh? The vast majority of crew use KCM exactly as they should and are law abiding. Legally, TSA searches are on thin ice with respect to the 4th Amendment. Seems crazy to punish the vast majority of people because a few bad apples. This includes: one open liter of alcoholic beverage and 300 cigarettes, or 50 cigars, or 2 kilograms of smoking tobacco, or a proportionate amount of each; merchandise not exceeding $200 in value, which may include gifts the crew member has purchased for persons in the United States, free of duty. Keyboard warrior.. U must be u spirit employee yo shizzie fly attendant yo. Alcoholic beverages, illegal drugs, flammable liquids, explosives, and dangerous chemicals will not be returned. On top of missing birthdays, anniversaries, holidays, special occasions etc. and when people are searched - which IS part of the security screening process - then there is a legitimate NECESSITY to escalate something that is illegally found to the appropriate law enforcement authorities. I think they should give a hefty fine and take away the privilege from the individual who couldnt follow the rules. I'm a Flight Attendant for a major US Carrier and I've known of a few that have had privileges suspended for a year and of one who had her privileges permanently revoked. Pilots should still be able to have KCM. Throw the book at the offenders. Just a couple of weeks ago I posed the question of whether the Known Crewmember Program should be reconsidered. Irons Clothing irons and steamers aren't allowed on cruise ships because they present a fire hazard. Not worried about this, i have not waited more than 5 mins in a TSA or clear line in years, so not concerned at all if there is all of a sudden an influx of crew members in the TSA that just means i have to wait 6 mins instead of 3. Common sense solutions to common sense problems. It's not one bit different. Just give us our own lane already. Maybe a probationary period before they are eligible, idk. While I havent seen the document myself, this has allegedly been outlined in a Known Crewmember update, following a meeting with TSA Administrator David Pekoske. If you combine all the flight attendants and look at the numbers is it even close to 1% of crew members doing this? Absolutely no verification of credentials or inspection of personal items. All Crew Members transiting a KCM portal are subject to random screening. That being said, as a retired airline pilot, what business is it of the TSA. Yet they pay, through their time and treasure, for the billion searches performed in search of contraband and weapons. TSA has implemented a standardized response from the agency for KCM suspensions and removals rather than relying on agency field operations to implement such measures. If the TSA's job isn't to catch drugs, then I'm not exactly sure what this will accomplish. If you have been issued a temporary government issued photo ID and it is your only form of government issued identification, proceed to the passenger screening checkpoint or employee screening location to access the airport sterile area. Maybe that would deter them? For all these keyboard cowboys, do you actually know how to Google? It is only there to prevent security threats to aviation, originally hijacking then terrorist attacks. axes, hatchets or similar. Three common soft skills for a mcdonalds . Crewmembers also may be directed to passenger-screening lanes whenever the KCM access point is not operational. NATA worked in close partnership with Airlines for America (A4A), the Air Line Pilots Association (ALPA), the TSA and NATA Compliance Services to bring this valuable program to our industry. Thats why youre smurfs. If the crewmember iswearinga uniform, the crewmember must present a KCM barcode card and a non-expired: Aircraft operator-issued crewmember photo ID or National Air Transport Association ID. It truly serves no purpose, even as a deterrent. This entire article was a joke and seemed more demeaning than informative. System Transfers Awarded Effective May 1, 2023, AFA Reporting System Memberlink Grievance Portal Update, AFA Grievance Reporting System Memberlink Planned Downtime for Server Move, Interruption of Reserve Legal Rest While at Home, Two New Letters of Agreement Approved by United MEC. The KCM program was initially developed by ALPA, FOR PILOTS. While exact details remain to be seen, it would appear that airline pilots and flight attendants may have to consistently start going through airport security as of next year. Are you absolutely certain youd like to demean the ONLY people trained (and willing) on an aircraft at 40,000 ft. to do WHATEVER is necessary to save your sorry butt? Too bad a few more here can't grasp the insight you just provided for them. Your wild and unbelievable claim about pilots attempting to bring their families through KCM proves you don't actually know how KCM works. I use KCM and live in a base. Yeah - I have been strip searched after a hand swipe - just because I made the mistake of applying a hand moisturizer prior to going through screening.). Then go deal with management messaging and calling asking why your late to the gate because you got a random search and your flight is 3 terminals away. Prohibited Items Program Prohibited Items Program Page 1 of 12 Directive 15.9.3.1 Revision 1 I. We ask for your cooperation as Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) become familiar with this KCM policy change. We have to submit to a background check to even have KCM.. its a shame a few bad incidents have to ruin this privilege,so tired of the public thinking we are provided with so many nice benefits we arent. I agree with you about flight attendants vs pilots. I stopped using it entirely for about 2 months now. Stay mad, enjoy going through the security checkpoint. Stay connected with the latest travel, aviation, and credit card news. Cleaners/agents/food vendors/cleaning crews/maintenance. Flights can board with/without pilots..however, a flight cannot board without the flight attendants. startxref Agree that the problem stems from flight attendants being able to use this as well as pilots. The FAA in their infinite wisdom starting requiring flight attendants to have an FAA Airman certificate several years ago. drills. I have heard stories of pilots and flight attendants ferrying money, drugs and electronics and that has led to the loss of this expedited service for us. Please follow TSA instructions and do not attempt to resolve the issue with transportation security officers, as they are unable to rectify system failures or denials. But now theyre gonna stop flight attendants from trafficking in fentanyl. Now pilots are going to be harassed over non-compliant 3-1-1 liquids. Known Crewmember (KCM) Policy Enhancements -Effective January 13 Beginning on January 13, 2015, Flight Attendants will have the option to transit through the Transportation Security Administration's (TSA) Known Crew Member (KCM) checkpoint not in uniform. The nerve of some of yall who give us an attitude when you get the random. TSA is out of controltheir job is to prevent a 9-11but today they are covid mask enforcers, DEA agents, uniform police etc etcKCM was paid for and pushed in by ALPA with alpa duesthe F/A's got in for free and ruined it. Because flight attendants would bring something to harm their day at work? Also when is the last time you saw a TSA agent screened when going through a checkpoint . Things have gotten so bad, I am ready for a fight. Get mad at your (and my) own work group. A pilot with bad intentions could more easily overpower his crewmate with a weapon. General. See more about our ethics policies here. Since you dont deal with people Im going to ignore the commentary on your lack of understanding why its necessary to go through an expedited process as a flight attendant. Pilots are not easily replaced, flight attendants are. A: If the TSA cannot confirm your identity or current employment status at the KCM access point, you will be directed to the passenger-screening checkpoint in order to access the sterile area. Allowing anyone to bypass security is illogical and needs to stop. There are 24,000 flight attendants just at my airline. How are these idiots not dumping it when tagged for random anyway?? It's not about logistics. Date: March 18, 2022 The government-approved Known Crewmember (KCM) program allows Flight Attendants and Pilots at many airlines to enjoy the convenience of an expedited security screening. A non-expired government-issued photo ID; An aircraft operator-issued crewmember photo ID; and, A valid FAA Flight Attendant Certificate of Proficiency; or, A second non-expired government-issued photo ID. The program is not ending. You don't like your job and you feel so miserable at it. Nevertheless, we know it takes man power and probably effects First, crew members appreciate having a KCM check point. Dangerous goods permitted in carry-on baggage are also permitted "on one's person", except where otherwise specified. If you believe that a KCM denial occurred relative to your employment status, please enter the sterile area as directed via the passenger-screening checkpoint and, when time permits, ask your airline supervisor for assistance in rectifying the situation with your carrier. I will not come here to say one is worse than the other, while I have witnessed my fair share of the other half doing things they should not. The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) has provided new guidance to the Transportation Security Officers (TSOs) staffing the Known Crewmember (KCM )Access Points. As for the flight attendant vs. pilot issue, the justification for including flight attendants was always that there simply was not enough volume to maintain KCM checkpoints just for pilots. Instead it should focus on how TSA has become more relaxed and lazy at doing their jobs and are short staffed and dont have officers to man the KCM station so everytime someone gets randomed they are throwing a pissy fit about having to walk over. Such conduct can jeopardize crewmembers of their right to participate in the program and consequently jeopardizes the entire Known Crew Member (KCM) program. They're the offenders over and over. You walk on your own to TSA Pre and wait in line with everyone else. As a flight attendant KCM is a privilege most of us highly respect with air travel at an all time high to be sent thru regular screening will cause delays and many frustrations As for the argument about crew members mucking up the pre-check line, the way immigration lines are done should be the standard: there is always a dedicated crew line which pre-check users can use if there are no crew members. However, off-duty crews should ALWAYS have to proceed thru the TSA security checkpoints like regular passengers. So, like with just about everything else good, a few ruin it for the majority. We did it Joe! Flight attendants never should have been included. Never wait more the 10 minutes. As if trucks and other merchandise dont come through to be sold at airport property. I don't think any pilot would try to bring a family member through KCM when they understand that it just doesn't work that way. Are you EOD now? The majority of flight attendants and pilots follow the rules. after being told you got a random. The BCAS (Bureau of Civil Aviation Security) have come out with an advisory declaring locally made Power bank as prohibited item not permissible for carriage on person, hand baggage and Check-In baggage, and air cargo consignment. This is exactly why you dont want the US government telling you how to live your life or whats good for you. 0000011580 00000 n They just walk all the way inside the secured area without being challenged or ID/Badge checked. TSOs are directed toadvisecrewmembers utilizing the KCM access points of the following procedures that arenotallowed. Anyway, Im curious to see what the new procedure looks like. NEWSFLASH: Most hand creams that flight attendants use (#1 preferred product by F/A's is "WORKING HANDS") have glycerine at the VERY TOP of the ingredients list. Let the hate flow through you. The announcement comes after the TSA reportedly discovered crew members smuggling unlawful items and substances through airport security checkpoints. Without them, you're just an individual sitting in the gate area, getting angrier because your flight is delayed because the flight attendants are stuck in You really need to understand a few basics of airline travel. And those are not small. Any employee, even a pilot, could be enlisted to smuggle a weapon into the secure area to be passed to someone else. Incidents onboard aircraft involving Federal Air Marshals. Please read this for the facts and not speculation or conjecture. Crewmembers will no longer be permitted to manually enter their KCM data. Please remember you said this when YOU have a medical emergency or a general emergency (ie. If being a part of a society with all of its problems is too much, there is no TSA screening for general aviation. #3 is DEN - they do a secondary screening where they swipe the crew member's hands and test the swab in a machine. What is the intent of Known Crewmember (KCM)? Flight attendants do not have as much to loose as a pilot. Please remember you said this when YOU have a medical emergency or a general emergency (ie. And nothing to do with YOU! As a flight attendant myself I see this as another power grab by the government entity tsa. This enhancement will include retention of the Crewmember selection for USP for a period of time at all KCM access points in that airport. I just hope the tsa dosen't find out we have a one handed crash axe in every cockpit. Right, but the OP say's he has " 100% positive reputation and revered status with Spacer's Choice" and yet " still can't buy restricted items such as mag-picks from Spacer's Choice vending machines". Money and Other Monetary Instruments Let the security ppl stick to what they gotta do and you pilots can Are you mad that they aren't letting people smuggle drugs thru security? I say some because there are agents, pilots, and flights that don't clear security at all. On January 26, 2021, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), issued an order, requiring operators to collect, store and verify documentation on the current COVID-19 status of inbound international air passengers traveling to the United States. The Known Crewmember (KCM) program is a joint initiative between Airlines for America (A4A) and the Air Line Pilots Association, Intl (ALPA).KCM ties airline employee databases together in a seamless way and enables Transportation Security Administration (TSA) security officers to positively verify the identity and employment status of crewmembers. Everyone arriving at a port of entry to the U.S. is subject to inspection by Customs and Border Protection officers for compliance with immigration, customs and agriculture regulations. Flight attendants are first responders..they are highly trained professionals.even if some refuse to acknowledge it. The folks that said lets punish those that break the rules are the only ones that have common sense. That has never happened at any US domestic airport. EVEN with FULL KCM we constantly have to go thru full passenger screening because some airports have NO KCM or limited hours. Have a little fun with this!!! Seriously??? Imagine getting upeset that people smuggling narcotics are getting caught. 0 If the pilots on a flight become incapacitated, the lives of everyone on board are jeopardized; if the flight attendants become incapacitated, it is a Pilots are not easily replaced, flight attendants are. box cutters. As for their excuse as to why theyre increasing random security checks, its kind of a dumb argument. A large part of the problem was allowing crew members - pilots or flight attendants - to use KCM when off duty with the exception of going immediately taccess o/from their base as a commuter. Will the Expedited Crew Access program require all pilots and flight attendants to be screened, or? Security is an illusion there is no reason to subject those flying the airplane to TSA checks. To view KCM security checkpoint lanes at DFW, please visit the Known Crewmember website. Many common items found in your household can be considered dangerous goods for the purpose of air transport. KCM Crewmember definition & requirements: For the purpose of the KCM Program, authorized crewmembers have been defined by the TSA as: Captains or Pilots in Command, First Officers or Co-Pilots, Flight Engineers, Flight Navigators, Flight Attendants and Load Masters for full all-cargo operations. If they want to look in my bag, no problem. BTW! Our frustration has absolutely nothing to do with entitlement. I'll go to the end of the line and the flight will leave when I get to the aircraft and complete my duties. 1) Its pretty insulting to trash the time & money spent. It is incorporated for crewmembers protection and to ensure the integrity of the system. In May 2007, the TSA approved the first version of an alternate screening method called the Crew Personnel Advanced Screening System (CrewPASS). 0000056810 00000 n Yes, I demand change. The ones at my company who seem to be on a regular basis are the same ones complaining to the union all the time, whining all night long about this that and the other. Authorized crewmembers traveling with a printed boarding pass or seat request card are subject to the TSA Secure Flight (SF) vetting system the same as passengers. Contact I am a U.S. airline pilot, and while disappointing, this development was not unexpected. Drones are explicitly listed as forbidden luggage items on MSC cruises. Flight Attendants in Women's History Month. If you don't like going through security, then commercial aviation is not the right job for you. At least flight attendants have to meet some kind of standards and have a lot to lose. Only authorized crewmembers approved by the KCM system may enter the airport sterile area through a KCM access point. Our world has changed. I'm a flight attendant with 34 years seniority. Failure to submit to screening at the passenger screening checkpoint (e.g., using a SIDA badge to avoid screening) is considered circumvention of screening, and TSA may take enforcement action in accordance with the KCM Disqualification Protocols (KCMDP). The duration of disqualification from participation in KCM is related to the seriousness of the violation and/or a repeated history of regulatory violations. When flights get delayed or passengers miss their flights because the TSA already cant keep up with their normal shit. There's too many crewmembers to have them all go through pre-check. Report: TSA Ending Known Crewmember Program In 2023, My take on TSA Known Crewmember Program changes, How To Check TSA PreCheck Hours & Availability, Yuck: TSA Finds Gun Hidden In Raw Chicken, Please view our advertising policy page for additional details about our partners, On the one hand, I do think its time that some changes are made to the Known Crewmember Program, purely based on the number of people who have abused it, On the other hand, fully screening pilots and flight attendants will take up more TSA resources and could lead to longer lines at security; furthermore, the TSA isnt actually very good at finding hidden objects, At least in the case of pilots, I think screening is kind of unnecessary, since theyre flying the plane, and if they wanted to do something, Ultimately I also get the argument that the TSA isnt there to stop drugs, but rather to stop weapons; that being said, if someone is smuggling kilos of cocaine and fentanyl, getting that off the streets (or out of the skies) doesnt seem like a bad thing. Also, the US is rolling governments around the world, including in the US, are doing more surveillance of their own citizens - let alone others from other countries. That should have never been allowed any more than ground workers could access special security lines when traveling. What an absolute joke that anyone thinks there is any benefit at all to safety to screen pilots at TSA checkpoints. Protective Security Officer (PSO)is a member of a protective security force and an element of a security post who has the training, equipment . Known Crewmember has been a wonderful privilege. For over two decades, Aircraft Operators have relied on NATACS for compliance services that meet the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) and Transportation Security Administration (TSA) secured document and record management solutions. This enhanced process leverages current technology to provide an effective and cost-efficient solution. Known Crewmember has been a wonderful privilege. I have a problem with the guy with the neck tattoo making $18 bucks an hour that moves in and out of security without a second look telling me, a retired army officer with a top secret security clearance that I need more scrutiny. What an absolute joke that anyone thinks there is any benefit at all to safety to screen pilots at TSA checkpoints. The Port Agent will arrange transportation to the ship's next port of call. b. @CHRIS , whoa there boyfriend. Seemingly every airline is telling you to arrive 2-3 hours ahead of time because you never know how many TSA employees showed up that day. If you make it through quickly, then suddenly you have to kill 2 hours in a lounge. Cops, firefighters and paramedics are first responders. An aircraft can board without a pilotbut not without the minimum crew of flight attendants.. and considering how long our duty days are, I don't know any flight attendants willing to leave their layover hotel a couple hours earlier. The Crew Appreciation charge is paid to Holland America Line team members and represents an important part of their compensation. If you look at the Number of incidents that are occurring, the majority, are all flight attendants. For those who say "well, they're flying the plane ." that didn't end well for the pax and rest of crew of the German flight whose pilot crashed it into a mountain after locking out his copilot, or probably MH360. After-all, in an emergency at 35,000-feet, calling 911 isn't going to save youbut the flight attendants just might? The first step should be eliminating flight attendants from any expedited screening program. We cant forget this and need to push back against their continued scope creep in the name of self preservation. I think the KCM program is complete bullshit. lost an engine, no hydraulics, a decompression, or worse) onboard your next flight and YOU need the assistance of a Flight Attendant to save your life or that of a loved one! . The SF system randomly selects individuals to undergo selectee screening and will identify the printed boarding pass or seat request card with a SSSS. ORD uses outdated screening methods that are so medieval, I am guessing someone up top is pocketing government funding in lieu of updating their screening methods at this locale. If I need to go through the line, the smurfs need to go through the line too. And while I'm in line to be scanned throughout the KCM door, they just walk in without ID check. A: You should remain calm and ask to speak to a Lead or Supervisory Transportation Security Officer (LTSO or STSO) to the discrepancy. Users can change airlines, barcodes, and view history all from the same account. I then thank them. NAVIGATION WARNINGS ENR 5.1 Prohibited, Restricted, and Other Areas. The continued success of the program is dependent upon crewmembers demonstrating that they can be trusted to comply with all related requirements. Again, the TSA doesn't handle drug cases but if they do even random checks and find something that is illegal, they are going to refer it to local or federal police. Also, the US is rolling out more and more high tech scanners which are much faster. KCM is Accessible Only for "Active" Crewmembers. You're about as much of a "first responder" as the senior citizen who greets people at Walmart. board the aircraft. I will however, proceed to explain that there is a necessity to have minimum crew on board to board passengers which I do realize you do not deal with. PURPOSE This directive establishes FPS policy for applying security force countermeasures to mitigate . The following transportation security, regulatory and/or statutory violations result in a disqualification: NOTE: The majority of KCM access point disqualification cases involve attempted access for personal international travel, transporting the property of another individual through a KCM access point, and carrying prohibited items. Im curious to learn all the details of what this will look like. You idiots change the security process based on whether or not crew have a certain shirt on. If you disagree, go get your Airline Pilot Certificate and 1500 hours of flight time and compare that with the job requirements to become a flight attendant, and then tell me who is more likely to risk their career at a KCM checkpoint. An average pilot makes whatunder $200k at best. _W++Udy|_3>+^j!mle`8X_% G For those who abuse the line, like while going to leisure international travel, which is not permitted, an immediate 6 months suspension without pay. Special Use Airspace. Basically, cooperate and graduate. CDCCheck is a web-based, touchless and digitized solution from DepartureCheck that complies with the documentation, attestation and record-keeping requirements of this order.

Compassionate Reassignment Denied, Cycle Of Abuse Wheel Printable, Putting Silver Dye On Pink Hair, Articles K

known crew member prohibited items