pirate kake pipe tobacco

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

I sit at work, thinking about smoking a bowl when I get home. I've had english blends once or twice for fun but don't really like them. Fear not the 75% lati for it is your friend. This is the most delicious of all the latakia. Slightly dry and astringent smoke (but in a good way?). In my ridiculously long churchwarden the smoke was actually pretty mellow for a latakia blend. This bulk tobacco came as one large slab, with sharp-cut edges, like it had been hewn from a monster brick. Now this blend is a real treat though because the burley in it. I've been a hound for it, ever since my first tin of Penzance. Thank You C.and D. For making the best smoke I have ever had thus far!! En toda la fumada el protagonista indiscutible es la latakia. And for the most part, it is. It crumbles apart easily and after some drying it packs very well and is burning even and steady. Moisture level is perfect for smoking. Thought a pirate would enjoy a smoke with more kick. I was almost tempted to take a big bite off the brownie. Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake Pipe Tobacco Can - 2oz Item# 2324 $14.95 Availability: Usually ships the next business day Total Price: Qty: A smooth, robust blend with LOTS (75%!) Frankly, I am not sure, but I do know that somewhere this one crosses the line. Usually I only find it in blends with plenty of perique. Rubs out well and makes a very smooth smoke. Will buy more and experiment to see what aging does. All that oily goodness ends up on your hands. YA GOTTA TRY THIS. I like latakia as a condiment, even sometimes as a chief component take HH Latakia Flake for example but this stuff is just disgusting. Got a bit cellered right now to see how it turns out month by month. This thing here -this Pirate Kake- has indeed hit the spot. All rights reserved. Prepariamo il tabacco e riempiamo la pipa, di solito utilizzate pipe ampie, laccensione rapida, un fine aggiustamento di pigino e via. This C&D offering does at the very least beg one question. Odin: "Pirate Kake dude." No different here except the smoke is much more rich. Sipping at this one, it didn't get too overbearing in its intensity of flavor. And that was only through the nose. This is a lovely lat-bomb. This one, on the other hand is a lat bomb, and for me is very tasty. I could almost imagine this as a Latakia lovers perfect morning smoke, whereas I had it more in mind as the last smoke of the day. Highly Recommended! Absolute yummy. Also, this is a big pipe blend, we're talking Group 6 and beyond. I find the first 1/3 of the bowl a bit harsh and smokey, but then it settles down into a rich creamy smoke that is on par with Penzance in my book. It does have a slight spiciness to it, but it's missing the punchiness of Ten Russians, the depth of Bill Baileys Balkan, and the spicy sweet subtleties of Plum Pudding. I'm paraphrasing here, but I don't have a better description of this aroma. There are latakia blends, there are heavy latakia blends and then..there's Pirate Kake. Pirate Kake is an interesting smoke, providing a full serving of Latakia. A few more than average relights are required and that is okay with me. It's complex because latakia in itself is complex, and you can taste this fine leaf without any bitterness from less than premium leaf or obstruction from too many other flavors. The flavor is earthy, smoky, leathery. I can see why some like this alot, and some who would never smoke it more than an initial bowl. It's easy to rub out and smokes coolly. The tobacco came apart quite easily when loading up the pipe. Very creamy, smooth in the mouth and leaves a nice coating for you to enjoy for an hour. The bottom half of the bowl, not surprising, is much more productive. Mild and fragrant, an exceptional tobacco. Phone/office hours are 9am-7pm US/Eastern (GMT -5:00) Monday-Friday, 10am-5pm on Saturdays, and 12pm-4pm on Sundays. A Latakia lover's treasure. The flavors are mostly Latakia, Latakia and a little spice from the Turkish tobaccos. He gave me the remaining tobaccos he had. Although there is reportedly 70%+ Latakia in this blend, it is smooth and satisfying with addition of other tobaccos. I've only been smoking pipes for about, oh, two months now. And it makes my beard smell really cool afterwords. All the reviews are very complete, so I will just add my few points. Davis smoke shop in Russleville Arkansas It's a small shop but the owner is very friendly I bought this pipe and he gave me the tobacco, lighter and tool free. It burns dry and relatively cool. Taste is very smooth, strong and stinky. Posted by Peter Fenerlis on 26th Apr 2022, GREAT TIN SMELL EVEN BETTER SMOKING AND ALSO SMOOTH. I find it to have a very rich, flavorful smokey, pleasantly toasty, note. The nicotine's just above medium, not 'strong', but more of a strength for the mornings. Share 0 Tweet 0 Pin it 0 Fancy +1. I love it. Since in bulk I broke it into three big pieces and put it in a mason jar. Gli aromi a crudo sono spiccatamente di affumicato e torbato, segno di un ottimo Latakia, ma preponderante, anche spezzando il plug non emergono altri sentori. In turn, the Latakia keeps any bite from the spicy Turkish i n check. Yes, the Latakia is very present but the flavor is so much more: smoky, sweet, tangy and a light pungent flavor on the end. 3-4 lights to get going. The body of the smoke approaches medium but doesn't seem to ever get there completely. I definitely will get more on future orders. While writing a review for Bow Legged Bear, I was reminded of how much it is akin to this. It seems, pretty much everything has been said already about this blend! Full, dense, aromatic taste leaves nobody indifferent! I like Latikia, but this may be just a bit over the top for me. Tastes like Karo Syrup and Latikia. However after I killed a 1/4 pound I realized that I was spot on. I'm partial to Billy Budd myself, but this seems just like the same without the cigar leaf. 4 stars if you like lots of manly Latakia, 1 star if not. 1. The smoke is dense and is rich with the incense like flavor and aroma of latakia and orientals. If you enjoy the smoky leaf and want to push the limit, I highly recommend this blend! I will comment further when I smoke it again. I enjoyed the tobacco for what it's worth, but felt completely satiated for a while. I was told that this blend is 70% latakia, and I believe it. Let them try Kake and they'll abandon blends they thought were pinnacle. Enough nicotine to keep me happy, enough stink to annoy the wife. Others who prefer more restraint won't. I am really starting to sound old (58). How ever you choose to consume it, PK is a GREAT blend. It is absolutely exquisite. Easy going. . They're almost like little bars of hashish, which of course, I never inhaled. I first acquired pirate kake to better understand latakia and I did learn that, too me, there is such a thing as too much of it. To me, the tin note is mostly smoke and leather, with some wood and maybe a wee bit of fruitiness. We got ourselves reacquainted. If I could describe this blend in one word it would be creamy. Pirate Kake is only for the true Latakia Lover, it has 70% Latakia in it , so unless your a big fan of Latakia, as I am, you may not want to buy over a sample to try. The smokey latakia is up front (though I wouldn't consider it a lat bomb), and floral riding shot gun and mildly sweet in the back. It smells amazing." I found a retro-hale was the best way to truly get the smokey leathery flavor of the latakia to shine. When I first got back into smoking pipes, a local cigar shop was getting rid of the pipe products he had - apparently not enough pipes smokers in the area. A Latakia blast similar to the ones which built the Hoover dam. 60 (PK)/40 (Savinilli English) makes a great all day smoke but PK can certainly stand alone. I get a creamy taste unlike any other tobacco I have yet tried. But you might be asking; when should I smoke it? And here I thought I was going to be an Aro guy! With that said, it would be lovely with just a little more Orientals in the mix; say, 50% Latakia with the deficit filled with Turkish leaf. Lataika bomb. Might not have the best flavour in the world by itself, but it is a very cool burning leaf. After about 4 months I tried it again, Wow!!!! Similar Blends: GL Pease Odyssey and Quiet Nights.. Pirate Kake boasts a whopping 75% latakia, so if you don't like latakia you'll probably want to pass on this one. Not much subtlety here folks, so do not come expecting a complex blend. Still, it's a pretty impressive cake and it pairs best with a cup of two day old black coffee (which I'm also fond of), or a guinness. 4 stars denotes actual repurchase or intent to do so as soon as possible. of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley from C&D, Pirate Kake is a Latakia lover's treasure. Apparently, it's recommended to try mixing this with some Haunted Bookshop, however I have not tried that yet. This is one of hte few English blends I really like. The latakia is there, right up front, and bold indeed! As Devil's advocate, this is the best contemporary Latakia based English I've smoked barring my ancient faves: Sullivan's 00 & XX blends from 50 years ago. Look is rather dark and one can see the 75% Latakia in this one. I fell in love on tin note (also didnt know what that was at the time) that love grew and grew bowl after bowl. Way too much for my taste, while I had taste smoking this sample. Its true what you all are saying! seriously, if you even think you like Latakia, try this. If you're a pipe enthusiast looking for a show to listen to on the go or while you're kicking back enjoying a bowl, this is definitely the place for you. I think a 5% more of it and it would be a really great blend! All hands on deck, The blend is like a latakia mouth wash with yes, a very light minty after taste of sweetness. Fantastic. To me, this one just isn't balanced, and therefore i won't be buying more. I use English Oriental very lightly packed. I was pleasantly surprised to be wrong though; this blend is more of a medium strength. If you love latakia this is for you. A brownie of cyprian latakia - 70% (!) I tend to like latakia in moderate doses. Pipe Used: Latakia dedicated briars mostly. Is it a Lat-heavy blend that explodes your palate in such a way as to make any and all future Latakia blends unpalatable? The expression Lat-Bomb has always been tossed about in such a disparaging way, I always assumed the term to be a pejorative one. There are flavors of wood smoke, spices, herbs, and a slightly nutty sweetness. So ill be blending the reat of this kake w either the comoys or LNF as the blend was so good i was thinking about my next bowl before i was even halfway done w the first. Tin note is sour and latakia, tin date is 102617. For a cigar smoker I think latakia is the way to go - Its a stronger flavor and extremely relaxing, that virginia stuff does not compare! a booming amount of latakia, some burley and orientals. Highly reccomended. Free Shipping It does smoke cool with no bite. The tin aroma is that of hay in a barn. Otherwise on its own it lacks body. The crumble kake really helps the flavor profile and to keep the moisture higher so it doesn't dry out. Works well. The dominant feature is the smoky Latakia. Good stuff. A very straight and narrow taste profile with hardly any change. Pirate kake rrrrr jim lad and dont ye smoke it all at once. I left the lid off for 2 hours and smokes fine now. Tin note is sour and latakia, tin date is 102617. Sometimes, I like that, though I smoke Virginias most often. If not I will be happy to take it off your hands. Individual reviews are the opinion(s) of the contributor and do not reflect the opinion(s) PK provides a phenomenal five-star strength, a four-star room note, with a five-star taste. Which is exactly the Latakia taste I look for. I now understand why so many rate this tobacco highly. Thick and creamy with a bit if a sweet perfume-esque flavor to it. So Im not sure if its a good idea or not but I went thru a pound in a week. :) Strength is mild to medium because you cant take a lot of vitamin N from the latakia or the oriental, maybe from the burley but I dont think its a lot of burley in this. It joins a favorite list and while it wont be a regular part of my rotation I definitely will smoke it when I need something different in my smoking rotation. I find this gets me closest to memories of my beloved Coyote Classic , . The faint musk of slaves rowing in the galley below deck. This is a good blend if you really want to know what "Latakia Forward" means. . of exceptional Latakia accompanied by Turkish and Burley. It does have a lot of Latakia but the addition of the Burley g ives it a bit of a bite that's not exactly my cup of tea. The flavor remains constant with little or no nuances about to happen during the smoke. This is serious stuff for serious smokers. Easy to break off and prepare in your pipe. My suggestion, as always, smoke it slowly,very slowly in little medium vintage pipes . Recommend for all Enthusiasts and most all newcomers looking to expand their horizons. bomb. Burns very cool & doesn't require many, if any, relights. I'm not sure what the fresh stuff is like, but I can totally recommend that you try some of the aged version if you can. You can almost hear your girl complaining about this one already. Latakia itself doesn't carry much strength so if you're looking for a nicotine wallop then you won't find it here. So, for all the dark brooding color range, somewhat ominous tin aroma and all the bluster; this blend smokes in a very civilized way and I have no problem recommending it to fellow smokers. I expect to re-order this regularly. It is not an all day smoke, but it IS my at least once-a-day smoke! It is what it is and I enjoy it every time I choose it. Purchased From: smokingpipes.com 4noggins.com. The Burley is woody and dry, but are detectable in this smoke. Five of five stars ------------ march 06 update. You either love Latakia or you seldom partake in it. Psstdon't tell anybody ;). A harsh characteristic smell of the latakia hits your face as you open the tin. ORIGINAL: Well now I know what a lat bomb is. I just can't say enough about this tobacco except, try it for yourself, it is pure heaven!!! This would be good broken up and mixed with an overly tangy red virginia. I want to add one more star it is growing on me. No less than 70% of the dark smokey leaf goes into this blend, an amazing amount. The smokiness of the Latakia is perfectly balanced with the nuttiness of the burley and just a little tickle of the spice of oriental. Even though I only like Latakia in very small doses, I dared to pack a small clay bowl full of Pirate Kake. Glad I gave it a shot and a second try. Latakia heaven on earth. Pirate Kake has got you covered. I tried this blend which came recommended by my tobacconist, knowing that Old Ironsides is discontinued, and soon will be impossible to aquire. This cake should hold together nicely as it ages in the Ball jar. Upon opening a small sample given to me by father, I noted the sample was about as hard as concrete. A latakia-heavy cake? I dont think she even noticed and believe me she will let me know when she notices. Pipe Used: MM general, royal meer, savinelli 616, I guess I must be a real Lat fiend too. Ok here it is pirate kake by cornell and Diehl. Tin of 50 Grams. To my good fortune the tins were already a year aged when I received them and a little over 2yrs old when I popped the first one. Ive had a few tobaccos from C&D and this is by far my favorite. I might relight this as many as 5 times in the course of a medium sized bowl. THIS one does it for me every time! . C&D's #099, Engine 99. This product can expose you to tobacco smoke, which is known to the State of California to cause . My wife, 60 feet away doing some gardening remarked how nice this smelled. Put a pinch in a very large bowl of mature Virginia and youll have something nice, but by itself its just nasty. I tried to give it 5 stars but somethings messed up. I was hoping for some spicy flavor to counterbalance so much Latakia, but alas 'twas not to be found. Amazing blend. This is definitely a blend for the Latikia follower, or one looking to escape reality for an hour or so. I almost felt as though I was smoking a straight bowl of latakia. Pirate Kake is a study in excess, and that is not a bad thing. Even at the full price it seems reasonable, so I will probably be buying more when I run out. This one stays creamy mild all the way, an occasional sourness & then sweetness, both pleasant, don't really shake up the Latakia's prominence. My water smoker smells like this if I do too many pork shoulders in it without scrubbing the poor thing down once or twice. Cornell & Diehl Pirate Kake Pipe Tobacco $11.90 - $58.65. Cannot recommend this enough! Those three bowls were quite enjoyable. I am a Latakia lover, and have from time to time smoked straight latakia and turkish, but this may be too much. I'm really starting to like C&D crumble cakes. Those Folks who Love a lot of Latakia in their pipe tobacco will Love it. Bottom of Bowl: A nice build up of strength, still smooth, not quite as complex as Pease's Abingdon, but nevertheless still delicious. Actually, for a good Lat. This lat balm is in a very nice kake, has amazing flavor and depth, and has smart branding to boot. I enjoy a good Balkan or English blend, but not this much Latakia. But this one is just waaaaayyy to much Latakia for me. While you are sitting there enjoying the bowl you can watch the smoke accumulate in the room and settle to the floor. I hope I never take this masterful Blend for granted. I will recommend it for latakia lovers, and who knows once I have more experience I will appreciate the tin more. If you dont find any pure Latakia in the market you can easily buy this one and make your own mixtures. That said though, I quite like it! That's what this is. No amarga nada, y el sabor propio del burley solo se puede apreciar por su aporte de madera y terrosidad a la fumada. Finally getting to share my review on Cornell and Deihl's Pirate Kake!!! Very ascertive, and smoky. The terpene smell so indicative of Cyprian latakia is almost not there. Certo per fumatori che come me adorano il Latakia lappagamento pieno, la qualit della materia prima indubbia, ma manca sulla variazione tipica di altre EM della ditta (ad esempio Star of the East), piatto e mono-tono, non assume carattere e larmonia. Final thoughts: if you get bored with all the medium strength english blends, and want something a little stronger tasting then pick some of this up and throw it in your rotation for the nights when you feel you just need something extra. Latakia heavy at first (in a good way), then the orientals make their nutty, exotic spice appearance about half way in. Being a lover of Penzance, this is just as satisfying and the best This blend is smooth and cool smoking all the way down the bowl and though I don't have a "sophisticated" palate, I know what I like and this is a great smoke! I assume because it is in a crumble kake that the moisture content can initially be high, so maybe dry it a little before smoking to avoid steam/tongue bite.

Which Sentence Does Not Control Exuberance?, Avis Executive Team Email Addresses, Articles P

pirate kake pipe tobacco