voile vector bc skis for sale

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

That along with rugged light weight, make them a joy to tour the BC and get to favorite or new downhill lines, no matter how crooked! For the items we can ship, we typically use the postal service. BC Ski Shootout: Which scaled ski is right for you? Like all the Hyper skis they are super light and because of the scales feel weightless on the way up with no drag on each step forward. The Hyper Vector BC will take you further than ever before. win-win-win combo of a rockered tip, slightly raised tail, and Compared to the Hyper V6 skis, the HVs are noticeably stiffer and have a more rearward mount point which results in a different style of skiing than with the V6s. You legs will thank you. They're definately light enough. great traction up hill. New and used Jet Skis for sale in Centreville, Virginia on Facebook Marketplace. Whether it's the nordic kick and glide and superlight performance you can get from the Objectives, hut-touring and powder bliss on the Vector, or low angle glade lapping on the V6, all of the scaled Voiles have been super fun and effective for me. I ski mine with lightweight bindings (Plum R170) and Alien RS boots, and the result is something that is genuinely pleasant over miles and miles of gentle terrain, but completely capable on any spicy bits that catch the eye. If you have easy access to great snow with less-than-bc quantities of vertical then these will open up a whole new world of scoring turns that wouldn't be "worth it" to go through the skin ordeal. Hi Ush, actually yes, we did just start carrying the. Product Info for Voile Charger BC Skis. Also, these are backcountry skis so I don't think they should be judged on resort performance, just thought I'd mention it. If you're looking for a nimble, lightweight ski that's great for traveling mellower terrain I think the 171cm length will be just fine for you. As a trail chief for the Catamount Trail Association in Vermont, I have found the UVBC in 164cm length to be the ultimate tool for attacking the Cat Trail which goes from Massachusetts to Canada along the spine of the Green Mountains. The main feature I want in a binding is low weight, but I also see myself transitioning A LOT when using these fishscale skis because the approaches around here are constantly up and down. . For use on the groomed XC trails I am certainly enjoying the skis. I'm about your same size and have found the 177cm to be plenty of ski (my review is below). A between-the-storms ski. This ski is certainly outperformed by some others in specific conditions, but there are very few options out there that handle everything as well as the Hypervector BC. The HyperVector BCs have a lot less camber than those Karhu XCDs and ski a lot better up and down. What is the difference between our Hyper Series and our standard (poplar core) skis? Ive had the original vector bc since 2015 last night I re welded the bottom edges and Ill still use them this season but decided to get another set before they eventually break just for posterity. With the addition of a traction pattern base underfoot, the ultra-lightweight Voile Vector BC is arguably the ultimate backcountry ski, capable of crushing long low angle approaches, technical terrain, and deep powder without breaking a sweat. I thought Id found my ideal ride, the V6 in winter pow and the Vector for set-up spring conditions. And that set up was a huge step up from my even older NNNBC full metal edge Karhu's that were great at the time (going back 15-20 years). Its awesome, the perfect amount of camber to grip the ice when you absolutely need it, but a wide shovel to enjoy the powder that you went all that way for. I love them. Their simple formula has been so successful that you can now find their skis all over the world. I am using the G3 Ion12 binding. The Voile UltraVector BC is bred for demanding terrain and uncertain conditions, making it the ideal ski for longer backcountry forays. Raisin'HeelBackcountryandtelemarkequipment. But, the versatility you get from a pair of skis that weight less than 6lbs . You will notice the scales on a low angle groomer in the resort but not on steeper powder shots where they are a blast. Ultravectors feel stiffer in the tips and tails and are harder to turn then the v6. I have only one suggestion on how to improve the UltraVector BC. It's insanely light at 6lbs per pair, and (in keeping with the Vector's tradition) the UltraVector BC includes a Traction Pattern Base. Thanks for reaching out, Ush. And they have edges that hold surprisingly well on hard sidehill skin tracks. Can it do everything the HyperVector can, like climb and descend steep terrain, float through powder and carve hard pack? I recently finished three consecutive days in the high peaks of the Adirondacks with some friends (also on Voile skis) and the skis are flat out amazing. I was skeptical, but that fall, I bought a pair of Hyper Vector BCs mounted with light tech bindings and driven with Scarpa F1 boots. Ski crampons add tremendous security in icy Helmets have become an inescapable part of ski safety and yet backcountry skiers all too often strap them on their packs during the skin up. Great skis overall, got these after a few seasons on BD megawatts without a lightweight mountaineering ski. I purchased the 184 length and mounted them with dynafit speed rads at the recommended point. I just can't seem to pick a binding. By signing up you agree to receive promotional emails from EMS, you agree with our terms and conditions and that you have read our privacy policy. Size. It used to be that I would go down smaller hills with my skins on and get basically zero glide, but now it is much easier to leave the skins off unless you are doing a big climb. Exceptionally durable polyamide, with an irregular texture that slows the accumulation of snow and allows easy removal of snow and ice build-up when the approach is long and/or conditions are freezing. Similar question to Dan's. Find great deals and sell your items for free. It sure can, but also it provides a clear answer to the dilemma when faced with terrain that is neither up nor down. pop them into tour mode and walk up to get them back on their skis), meadowskipping with your kidsany slope at the Nordic center or local woods becomes a powder day. So, the next season I started riding a pair of Objectives driving them with Dynafit PDG boots. Well, for one thing, if you are a backcountry skier and you do anything other than lapping uber-cold powder (skins required), or scary mountaineering exploits where your skis are on the pack most of the time, a pair of "BC" version Voiles will serve you quite well. En descente, ils sont joueurs et pardonnent. Our proprietary carbon fiberglass regulates the ski's flex without an impact on bonding strength. Something about "snow melting faster," which apparently has the effect of "increasing lubrication." I haven't tried them out because there is no snow! I have this pair of Vector BCs, mounted with Voile Swithbacks, and they are fantastic for tooling around back in the woods but can handle a descent - best of both worlds. Teamed with Dynsfit TLT8 boots and G3 ZED 9 bindings, they have been great in both applications. Get the best deals on Voile Skis when you shop the largest online selection at eBay.com. The Vector was a little quicker and held an edge better in spring conditions, and the V6 floated a little better in pow, although either would have been a great all-mountain/all-conditions ski. He asked me what I thought of the Objectives, and I told him it was very cool with surprising performance for such a light ski, but I really would like something a little beefier for the downhill. I'd love to have a second pair without scales however in spring corn snow the scales are faster, probably because the scales cause underfoot melting and aeration reducing stiction. For the backcountry skier who must continually make long approaches over rolling terrain, Sharpscale traction base is a godsend. Voile BC with fish scales under foot for traction. Voile Vector BC Skis Similar Products 1-2 / 10 Voile Hyper Manti Ski 22/23. Theyre just really fun skis. The Voile HyperVectors climb just as well as the Rossis without skins, the fish scales are amazing. Ships in 2 weeks! Buy Now. Everything you need to know about scaled-base skis. For those who think they are slower or noisy, all I can say is I don't agree. Bentgate.com. I loved these skis for hut access (with the BC fish scale pattern). Their simple formula has been so successful that you can now find their skis all over the world. That said, the Hyper Vector BC is certainly my favorite of the bunch because they're A) the stiffest, B) the lightest (for the girth -- Objectives still have the edge for pure rando weight savings), and C) the best in hard snow. But if you give them a chance youll be surprised at how far they take you and with less effort. Would that binding allow for quicker transitions on rolling terrain with the scaled ski? I use the new skis on the groomed trails where snow conditions vary from icy to powdery; terrain varies from flat, gentle green runs to steepish black diamond runs. Upper mid intermediate skier, 180# plus a 15# winter day pack, selected the hyperVector BC171 cm because of emphasis on control and they work great. I got these skis to access and ski zones that required several miles of skinning through undulating terrain just to get to the base. *The Traction Pattern base does not eliminate the need to carry skins. These skis open up the backcountry like no other product and are the most fun skis ever! Get the latest updates on new products and upcoming sales! OMCgear. Put together the result is the any snow, any terrain backcountry ski, the Voile UltraVector BC. I combined it with a TLT Speed Superlight and it was a fantastic combination. I hit some wind slab and they floated and pushed right through it almost like it wasn't there. Upon arrival home, I saw that the same ski was on sale and purchased another pair. Voile HyperVector BC Skis Length: ATTENTION: These skis are intended to be used with AT bindings. I bought these because I wanted some lighter-weight touring skis that also did well downhill. Its relatively narrow dimensions shave weight, and help it carve those turns in even tighter locations. For their uphill prowess, I measured they can grip up to about 15 degrees on a packed skintrack in maritime Sierra snow, and up to 20 degrees in the best conditions. The traction pattern on the Voile HyperVector BC doesn't replace your skins entirely; it just gives you another very efficient option when faced with gentle climbs, rolling terrain, long traverses and meadows. Sign up with your email to be notified when this product is back in stock! Thank you so much for making such great skis. For the backcountry skier who must continually make long approaches over rolling terrain, Sharpscale traction base is a godsend. A quiver of two. Bought this ski and took it out for a test on the ski resort and the scales quite disappointed! I did take these to a resort several days and had a bunch of fun on them, but ultimately would not recommend them for someone who is going to spend 30% or more of their time at the resort since the drag does get to be annoying. Therefore they provide excellent traction on gentle climbs or sections where it is necessary to walk forward. Expect variable conditions. Ski likes late-season hardpack. The hardest wood core we employ, Poplar provides a smooth/damp ride on hardish conditions and more readily takes the abuse when things get out of hand. Not very good glide on the downhill runs . ( they yardsale above you? The Voile UltraVector BC is bred for demanding terrain and uncertain conditions, making it the ideal ski for longer backcountryforays. I started backcountry skiing last season so I dont have many other skis to compare these with, however, I am incredibly happy with my purchase. Free shipping. My wife and I are both very happy with the UltraVector BC skis and Switchback X2 bindings. Fast on the flats. Perfect width with enough float for most Colorado days, and enough edge and length to keep you moving efficiently. The Vector BC is the perfect ski for the person looking to do a little bit of everything. Men's; Women's; Kid's; . friend try them and had same problem. One tip had been glued back together a couple of seasons ago after an encounter with a tree and the bases and edges looked like they had had several confrontations with rocks, dead/downed trees and dirt. With rocker at the tip and tail and plenty of width for float, the Voile Charger BC is built to conquer the stoutest lines the backcountry has to offer. After owning and skiing a pair of SuperChargers for the past 5 years, I wanted to get a similar but more versatile ski for back-country guiding and hut-trip use. This ski can crush miles on the flats and is completely capable of descending anything you might come across, and really benefits from a lighter setup. Heel and toe mounting areas are double-reinforced to prevent binding pull out. Nick grew up climbing and skiing in the mecca of Telluride. No falls today after three long laps on the backside and one lap coming down the Pebble Creek Ski Area here in Inkom, Idaho near Pocatello. I love these skis. Everything you need to know about scaled-base skis. The result is that I had enough of an energy saving to do a third lap. BC Ski Shootout: Which scaled ski is right for you? A note to locals, quite surprisingly I was able to get all the way up to top of Supreme at Alta, using these skis WITHOUT skins. The HyperVector BC is a blast on the descent, too, with 90-98 millimeter waist and rockered tip and take that gives it the ability to carve hardpack and powder alike. I am looking forward to spending more hours on these skis to figure out what all they can do; I know it's me holding them back! It can flick through trees as well as hold an edge on the diciest slopes, thanks in part to its softened flex and deeper sidecut. They give me the option of tele or parallel, they crud bust, they carve up peanut butter and cream cheese mank, and they fly down boot-top pow. Sounds pretty nice, right? Come join us on this fun adventure and discover the unique pleasure Vermonts source for outdoor clothing, I used these at a small resort and I think they're great for resort skiing too (they weren't perfect but I think that has more to do with my Dynafits not being meant for resort skiing and being strictly a backcountry binding). They're certainly wide enough. I have them mounted with Fritschi Vipec Evo 12 bindings which provides transitions from downhill to walk mode and back in just a few quick seconds. Most my skis are in the ~183 range, including Voile Hyper V6. For long tours that stretch daylight or continue into multiple days, the Hypervector BC is a well-refined tool that continues to shine well after my legs have given up. Sudley Homes for Sale $404,676. Paulownia and carbon core keeps weight low and energy high. And with its unique traction pattern base underfoot, you can keep . I've had these out 2X so far after having them for 2 weeks. Sorry to hear you were disappointed in the HyperVector BC Skis on the flats. I find these skis do an amazing job of handling all the crazy snow conditions encounter in the backcountry from pow and crud to wind-blown, bullet-proof slabs at higher elevations - they have great effective edge when needed! Sale Items; Used; Voile. Something about "snow melting faster," which apparently has the effect of "increasing lubrication." To clarify my earlier question, its 154 not 151. 112 miles under foot. 0 bids. Two layers of our proprietary carbon fiberglass regulate the ski's flex without an impact on bonding strength. The Hyper Vectors were the perfect answer. IT IS AN IDEAL BINDING FOR SKIERS WHO ENJOY LONG TOURING DAYS OVER MODERATE TERRAIN WITH OCCASIONAL STEEP PITCHES AND PREFER SOFTER-PLASTIC OR LEATHER BOOTS. What length ski do you recommend for a type 2 skier (5' 11'', 156 lbs)? What length in this ski for 200 lb guy, 63, who will use this for skiing tight trails and trees across rolling wooded terrain of fairly mild slope? I got myself a pair the next day. They are soft, so in some crud you might want stiffer skiis, but for most part these cover all the bases. The Traction Pattern bases of the Voile Hyper Vector BC allow the adventurous skier to quickly dispatch with long, flat approaches and rolling terrain with much more efficiency than using traditional climbing skins. This may have been answered with Bob's question above. making things heavy, and kept the Vector BC's waist wide enough for Shines in the rolling terrain, float in the steep powder. and easy maneuverability in tight spots. Greenbriar Homes for Sale $698,682. The bit needed is 3.5 x 9mm, and the insertion depth is 9mm. Bull Run Homes for Sale $355,639. (64+ kg). How Voile ever come up with a ski that combines all these features, Ill never know, but Ive finally found it my quiver of one. K2 Annex 98 Skis w/ Voile Switchback Telemark Bindings . i am very interested in the 171 hyper vector bc as a work horse for laps on a 25 degree slope. My 164's are perfect for my body height and weight at 5'6" or 5'7" and130 pounds in my underwear. Amazing light, especially when paired with TTS binding. The entire AT setup is lighter than anything I have owned in the past (and my Garmont boots are not light). Also great for cross country skier looking to get into the AT world while enjoying similar tours. This cannot be overstated. Sale Items; Used; Voile. George Mason Homes for Sale $765,990. On downhills, they turn well . For all of those uses these skis excel. Full 2mm edges make no compromises in durability. The "glide" is definitely hindered by the scales a little, but what you loose in glide you make up for 10X with the ability to climb hills and basically go anywhere at any time. I'm looking to pair this ski with some kind of AT boot and AT binding (probably FRITSCHI TECTON 12). My first Voile ski was the original Vector. But even though my V8s rule in knee-deep, the Ultras are still my off-piste do-it-all favs. They carve right through mash potato snow. Choose an option 164cm 171 cm 177cm 184cm. Lightweight wood core is backed As ski AT skiing and ski mountaineering gain popularity it is only a matter of time before those hauling beastly gear uphill under their own power realize that the mountain environment rewards those Free pivot telemark bindings open up the question of why not always have a tight and powerfully connected binding. For much of what I ski, they are the unicorn. - 154 Great skis. The Best Backcountry Skis of 2023 Blizzard Hustle 10 Salomon MTN 96 Carbon Vlkl Rise Beyond 96 Line Vision 98 Nordica Enforcer 104 Unlimited DPS Pagoda Tour 100 RP Armada Locator 104 Black Diamond Helio Carbon 95 Season Pass Elan Ripstick Tour 104 Rossignol Escaper 97 Nano Black Crows Camox Freebird The fish scale pattern works well on the groomed trails, from soft snow to hard and crusty. Now the adventurous backcountry skier can trek further into the hinterland than ever beforeespecially when a long approach over rolling terrain is required. The skis were great for lapping meadows during the poor snow conditions at the beginning of the season while I learned to ski and were exceptional as I graduated to steeper runs as the season progressed. Sure, you may feel a little drag on some descents. The skis do not fit in the standard XC tracks. My initial concerns that the rocker tip and greater width would make for less control in these conditions were soon forgotten as I discovered that these skis could do pretty much everything. a carbon fiberglass laminate to add some stiffness and power without The performance of this ski is remarkable. Otherwise youll end up with a massive snow ball under the foot in the spring snow. only to follow up at some point with "I can't believe you can get up that without skins. Lively and fun for working terrain features through woods, boulders, gullies etc. $899.00. Voile Vector Skis. They are a go anywhere, work horse ski, but are still fun, light and very responsive. Looks like you are sitting in the backyard playground dropping the green mountain corn crud! I probably wouldnt take this ski up high on Washington since its a bit wider than what I like using for more mountaineering-style applications, but for more below-tree line touring in the NE the Hyper Vector BC is dialed. They are not too short. Shop for Vector BC Nick Thompson Nick Thompson brings an incredible amount of skiing and mountaineering experience to WildSnow.com. While my friends have to spend time skinning up for small climbs, I just walk my way to the top. Carbon Fiberglass Layer I was actually able to climb all the way to top of Alta's Supreme lift, without using skins even once! Backcountry skiing in the Northeast has a well-deserved reputation for pumping out variable weather and conditions, with constantly-changing snowpack, temperatures, and the notorious "wintry mix" precipitation often thwarting the best-laid plans of skiing this gully or that ravine. Touch device users, explore by touch or with swipe gestures. I am 6 and 170lbs. Any input or advice would be much appreciated. I ski the backcountry in Vermont and find this ski to be just what I need when doing low-angle touring. Earn store credit by writing reviews. We do mostly low angle 4 wheel drive roads uphill and then have all sorts of options back down. Voile Ultra Vector AT Skis Rotation Bindings Voile UltraVector BC Skis Telemark Pyrenees: Touring skis, backcountry skiing, telemark skis The Voile Vector BC: A Game Changer Voile Ultra Vector BC Ski 164171177cm . Feel free to send an e-mail to . Youd be silly to shuttle them at a resort, but the more rolly a course the better decision youll have made. Hi Curt, nothing specific, sorry! I'm skiing these with Switchbacks always in tour mode(though I have HD 3 pins on all my other setups, and they are awesome too), and Scarpa T-4's. the ski still has plenty of rocker, enough camber to be satisfying to the nordic nerd in me and the often-remarked-on Voile characteristic of turning super easily. With waists these wide, it does help to put ski crampons on sooner rather than later when traversing in hard conditions but other than that these have been pretty flawless so far. Highly recommend this ski. Voile UltraVector BC At almost 67 years old, they may just allow me to ski a few more years beyond what I might have been able to do before I bought these skis. It also performs superbly when headed downhill, allowing you to maximize your reward after a long climb. Thanks! I added Switchback bindings to them. float through the freshies, and rally through crud without breaking a Love these! When employed in the right areas, the Hyper Vector BC is the ski that will take you further and allow you to find the areas where you wont be competing with others for tracks. My first experience with scaled BC skis was with the Karhu Guides with tele bindings and those turned out to be the best exploring setup Ive ever owned. I've been using the Vectors recently on windblown hardback with some ice, crust and powder thrown in However the Vectors have been quite extraordinary - very light, stiff, great edge hold and tough too, having been thrown on and off snowmobiles quite a bit. Maybe to much. Durable and damp poplar construction with triaxial fiberglass for uncompromising performance inbounds or off-piste. Used: Voile - UltraVector BC 164cm.Ski: $750HD Mountaineer Binding: $80 Description All Mountain & Mountaineering Directional / Carving This makes for an easier ride and more playful turn. I also am looking at pairing these skis with the Salomon Shift 13 binding, which I know are on the heavier side, but also seem to provide the performance and safety I am looking for on the downhill. Sounds pretty nice, right? A paulownia wood core keeps the ski light enough that you still have juice left to ski your line after hours on the skin track, while woven carbon surrounding the core adds . gear and guided adventures. Maybe put a notch at the tail end for a skin strap. Overall Im surprised by how versatile these skis are and I would not hesitate to purchase again. So I had an opportunity to trade my old skis for some Butter Paneer, Dal and Jeera rice and bought a new pair. Those skis had become my early/mid/late season skis. Easy turns, light weight, great spring ski. $849.95 From $649.95. When autocomplete results are available use up and down arrows to review and enter to select. I paired these with Fritchi Vipec 12 Evos. A true innovation, the Charger BC is helping to carve out an entirely new category. . If your tours often include long flat approaches or rolling hills, the patterned base is a game changer. It's her fav ski too! They skin and ski a little shorter due to the rockered profile, something i really enjoyed as well. knee-deep pow and crud without sacrificing stability. Our product experts have helped us select these available replacements below.You can also explore other items in the Snow, Backcountry Skiing, Backcountry Skis yourself to try and find the perfect replacement for you! No longer do you have to vacillate between stopping and putting your skins on or attempting, energy sapping, side-stepping/ herringbone technique to get over a short climb or flat sectionyou just kick-and-glide your way past the obstacles. Learn more. Learn more. 15%. Any binding recommendations would be greatly appreciated. Voila, great ski!

Charity Clothes Bins Milton Keynes, Mdc Inmate Lookup, Gloria Lee, Bruce Mcgill, Articles V

voile vector bc skis for sale