why did nabisco stop making ideal cookies?

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

Oh yesHow I remember those cookies "Ideal Cookies" they were the best cookie I have every eatenI wish Nabisco would make them again. Does anyone remember how some of them used to be more rounded and others were flatter? It seemed to make the enjoyment last longer. I've contacted Nabisco. You kept the box for Honey Maid Graham Crackers the same size, but significantly shrank the size of the crackers inside it. It wasn't my fault, I bought them all the time. close but not exact. Ellia Kassoff, a Jewish kid who grew up on the kosher cookies, had gained some knowledge on how to gain access to a trademark that was sitting unused, and as a result, he was able to pick up Hydrox for his own company, Leaf Brandsitself a dormant brand that Kassoff had revived. I think it must be at least 25 years since they were available. The biscuit containers and the china scoop to retrieve the biscuits, are prized along with: wood crates carrying the N.B.C./National Biscuit Company label, and early metal tins, store . The best ever cookie. (Two words: Cheez-It.). Dropping them made no sense! YOU CANNOT HAVE THIS MANY PEOPLE WANTING THIS COOKIE AND IGNORE THEM. Yes, we loved the chocolate-peanut butter delights that melted deliciously on our fingers enough to sit through Lawrence Welk! I looked forward to autumn when they would reappear at Thriftway supermarket. Wow, how I miss those peanut butter bars. It's great to hear from consumers who are looking for our products because it lets us know how much you enjoy them. Nabisco, please bring them back!!! I don't buy cookies or pudding any more, but I would buy Ideal Bars and Spoon Candyso would many baby boomers. My all time favorite cookie! Oh my God I too loved them my sisters & I would put them in the fridge as well & I would love to have them back. I bet they have trans-fats, but I would make an exception and still eat them. please bring back this tasty, tasty treat. The company started as a bakery in Massachusetts in 1792, baking and selling biscuits called "pilot bread" for sailors on sea voyages. I too grew up with the wonder that was Ideals cookies and I miss them terribly. Discontinuing them to develop a more profitable product may have made some punk executive a bonus but in doing so the Nabisco brand was greatly diminished. What can we do to have Nabisco make these cookies again? These were the BEST cookies by far!! Just go and like the Facebook page "Bring Back the Nabisco Ideal Cookie Bars". I think the chocolate was dark if I remember correctly. IDEAL COOKIES ARE A FAR CRY BETTER THAN ANY OTHER THEY MAKE. Bring them back! Wonderful cookies the kids and I loved them then they disappeared! Hi, it;s me again. Funny that ideal cookies are one of the few things I recall from my early years. At this time there are no plans to bring back our discontinued products, but we are always cooking up something new to help you live and eat better so you may discover a new favorite! I really think Nabisco (Kraft) needs to re-evaluate product selectionsand give the people what they want! This article was updated with minor edits on September 8, 2020. That is absurd in a world where Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are one of Hershey's #1 sale items. Here is the Nabisco email for comments. Invite your friends to do the same. Once Nabisco had removed the lard, mainly for health reasons, going kosher became possible. But no kidding -Nothing can substitute for Ideals. All these comments make me want to cry, for i too lost an old friend when the ideal peanutbutter bars were discontinued, i am a diabetic now but i would give a little toe for a pack of those sweet logs, twix has or had a p-butter cookie that was simalur but nothing compares i will boycot nabisco products till they bring back the best cookie in the world!!! I can pass up any other store bought cookie but not these. I would base my weekly calorie intake around these cookies! My sisters and I loved them and ordering GS Tagalongs reminds us every year that they've disappeared. The logs were a staple in my cupboards also. With all these people clamoring for these cookies, I wonder why they ever stopped making them. Give it a try or let someone else make them. Finaly found on the web, after years of idly searching. Anyone know the name of the shortbread or sugar cookie with a hersey-kiss type chocolate drop on top? well I finally found out the name of these cookies that my grandmother always bought for me in the late 60s and 70s. You also need to bring back the Famous Cookie Assortment. Nabisco, if these wonderful cookies are too expensive to make and sell in a package of cookies, how about packaging them as candy bars? The Oreo is a cookie that embraces contradictions, wrote architecture critic Paul Golderberger. What I can't understand is why Nabisco a consumer company won't even comment. I LOVED THEM and MISS THEM. They were the best. I have longed for the Ideal cookie since I got married! You also need to bring back the Lemon Cooler and Cherry Cooler cookies! to see if I can find these cookies. I would occasionally take an entire bag (I could not take one from the bag, so a whole bag was required). Through the years I told so many people that my ALL TIME FAVORITE STORE BOUGHT COOKIE was Nabisco's Ideal cookies. ideal cookies are the best cookies ever made. I would love to sit down and devour a few of them right now. I also had sent Nabisco a email to bring them back, but alas not yet. It is now Nov 2016 and still NO IDEAL cookies on the shelf..why can't Nabisco sell their Recipe for the Ideal Cookie to like a Wegmans?? Well, put it this way: Nilla wafers have an estimated annual growth rate of 45.8%, according to Tastewise. !I'm 7 years old and I NEED them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want one so much! I believe the cooky you're thinking of was a Hey Day or something like that. i never thought i would be so besotted with a cookie, but i love this cookie and was so disappointed to learn they were no longer made. i can recall Sat. Far better than anything out their now!!! I contacted them and received a very narrow minded canned response that they don't bring back discontinued products. They are both treasured cookies. The Rise, Fall, and Return of Hydrox Cookies, the Proto-Oreo. They were his favorite. My husband and I started to think maybe we had dreamed about Ideal Cookies. Absolutly loved 'em and as kids growing up in the 70's fought over them. This TEMPLE OF ANSWER that i met on this was my God of savior please contact them now if you are having same problem email is [email protected] phone number is +2348155425481. They did make a brief return in 2022, but only as a giveaway. They were even better cold. I miss Lemon Coolers and My Dad Harold Hourihan more! "Squeaky wheel gets the IDEAL" Put this in your Header to Nabisco. There's only one way to get big corps attn anymorethe moneybet if we all boycotted Nabisco and Kraft products we'd have them by next Christmas! Followed by Penguin cookies! Youd be surprised how many companies are hoarding trademarks, Kassoff told The Consumerist in 2014. How sad. We lived in Florida and they tended to melt otherwise. Only much bigger Enjoy! . The problem, you mightve guessed, is its name. I would buy them..in fact I know my entire family would buy them There were utterly AWESOME. The price got really high and they did not sell that well. I was broke and Mom was gonna know I wasn't sick. OMG I have the same problem finding Nalley's Chip dip in all stores, another one of those tastes from the past My sister and I just got back from a road trip down the coast of Oregon and then back up I-5 going North. Offer available only in the U.S. (including Puerto Rico). YUMmmm!! I need one for myself!). You can't find anything that even comes close to the taste. It would be nice to have something come back from the past to bring back good memories likes this. It was on the very top shelf. Should they bring this back it would totally destroy the sales for all the other peanut butter cookies out there. Not bad, but not the same. Since were so loved there is no doubt they would be a best seller. my Dad's Uncle ran a country store just across the road and we could run over there and grab a package when needed. yes bring back the ideal cookie bar! These were my husband's favorite & what an awesome Christmas surprise that would be!!! I was sitting in bed and the name just came back to me so I Googled "Ideal"! There obviously must have been a quiet, well financed deal made for Nabisco to "bow out" of the competition! Just the population from the 70's who misses this cookie so much would constitute enough people to support reintroducing these! So I walked 5 huge blocks in Altadena CA. Regular stores, specialty stores. I would start with me first and the pass them down to the next generations! Addicted to Ideal cookies in the 70's . I grew up in the midwest and I beleive Karen is correct above that the Ideal was only available in the fall and winter. An Ideal Bar was better than a Snickers or any candy bar, and it was a cookie!!! Still not quite the same.all time faveoriate cookie ever - even better than Mallowmars! were they to good for human cunsumption? I was hoping to put the Ideal Bar in my search engine and find them on line somewhere. Did you lose the recipe? Timmy D PGH WE will prevail. After dinner, I couldn't eat much, but I even got to share some more Ideal cookies with my Mom and this is where my life of food-crime began. mmmmMMMMmmmmmMMMMMM!!!!! We need to all call Nabisco! Im 49 and that was the best cookie ever made lets all call Nabisco i would buy the recipe if they'd sell it to me damn i loved them cookies. I want them back too, they were my favorite. He had to do all the hard work of reformulating the snack, but once he had figured that out, it was off to the races. They were very good/, So there's no way to get these anymore then? I will call Nabisco in the morning. Remember biting into them and then dunking them in milk in such a way that milk would fill then void. Sign up for our newsletter and enter to win the second edition of our book. When Keebler took ownership of the Sunshine Foods brands in the late 90s, most people thought Hydrox was the Johnny-come-lately, when it was really Oreo that had entered the market second. Bring them back. Please bring them back! These were and remain my all-time favorite cookie. I am quite positive that they would fly off of the shelves as long as they have the same original taste, and are as close to the original product in every way as possible. Nabisco should make them again - the economy is in the dumps, people are depressed, shouldn't Nabisco make ideal bars just to make the country a happier place? For Nostalgia they really should reproduce some of these old snacks. I love the peanut butter filled pretzels at Trader Joe's, so I may just have to try it. We would all definitely be willing to spend our hard earned money on a package of those awesome ideal bars! Still, it is the Oreo that has become the icon.. I'm surprised they quit making them, with all the fans they evidently have out there. One of the few foods I would eat in the middle of the night. I never got over losing the Ideal Bars. I would love to see this cookie again. Please, Nabisco, bring them back! I knew they were peanut butter logs - I couldn't remember the Ideal part. I bought some Pinwheels the other day and the real chocolate melting in my fingertip reminded me of IDEALS. If I were the head of NABISCO, or your parent company, KRAFT, this would ALREADY HAVE BEEN DONE years ago!!!!!! Fabulous product. Nabisco is sure missing out here.they could make millions. I found the FB page but there isn't enough activity to turn the heads of Nabisco. After a little research I have discovered that Nabisco was bought by Kraft back in 2000. Well once upon a time my Mom bought these cookies and I faked being sick to stay home from school so I could find where she hid them. Oreo was one of three cookies introduced by Nabisco on April 2, 1912, with the other twothe Mother Goose biscuit and the Veronese biscuitnow lost to history. If anybody ever hears of a petition please email me. I loved them so much that I actually got them as a gift on my birthday. As I remember they were not sold in the summer. Very rich & creamy: You needed a tall glass of ice cold milk to offset the decadence of this confection. We used to buy those cookies and count them out so that everyone got an equal number. At this point I knew I had a problem. Best cookie ever! I've been to a large number of websites and forums where these are mentioned the most. They were the Best Only draw back was they melted so easily. Years ago I ran across these cookies for the last time while on a ski trip at incline village Nevada - I bought 2 bags and planned to bring 1 home but they didn't make it all the way home :-), Holy Crap!!!!! It sounds like lots of other people would too! Nutter Butter is an American sandwich cookie brand, first introduced in 1969 and currently owned by Nabisco, which is a subsidiary of Mondelez International. This site was so fun to find. They were much butter than the dry poptarts we are forced to have as replacements today. This was and still would be my favorite cookie. Pleeeeease bring them back! THEY WERE THE BEST. Finally, my father started counting them. There was a whole ritual to my after-school consumption of this sweetest of sins: We would take them out of the 'fridge (I thought that mom would hide them in there, but now I understand it was because of the low melting point of the chocolate). I am glad to see I am not the only Ideal obsessed kook out there. I can still remember that taste. The folks at Nabisco must just be a bunch of big, dumb, stupidheads to not want to bring them back. WILL YOU PLEASE BRING THEM BACK IF EVEN FOR A SHORT TIME (possibly like the recent "Pepsi Throwback" offering Pepsi did with their original sugar recipe/formula), BUT THEY MUST BE ORIGINAL RECIPE - PLEEEEEESE???!!!!!!!!!!! On my birthday as a 'Twenty Something' I asked for Ideal cookies instead of a cake!! I truly hope when I'm walking through the gates of Heaven, there is a plate of Ideal Cookie Bars waiting! I still have dreams about these cookiesonce came home for lunch from school and mom had gone to a meeting. google_color_link = "A74403"; With so many people wanting them I can't believe Nabisco doesn't bring them back--I'd be first in line for a box. I am willing to attempt another contact with nabisco whatever will work. I agree I would pay $10 for ideals the only cookie i liked. Still my favorite cookie of all times! I would love for my grandchildren to experience the best taste I have EVER tasted in my lifetime! I can still see the package,,,,, it was dark brown with a flat orange trim.they were THE BOMB. Oh man, Words Cant Describe how much I loved Ideal Bars.Its great so see how many people besides myself are obsessed with those little crunchy pieces of heaven. We used to get them a lot and they were great. Why were they ever taken off the market? My grandma always bought a package of Ideals for when I was coming over to stay. Whenever I eat a Reeses peanut butter stick, I think of the Ideal Bar and how much better it is. I found this today searching for clues on Nabisco Tidbits (also sadly no longer made) and found ths link and also found Chocolate Snaps - another old Nabisco snack no longer produced. They were not made in the summer because they would melt. I still see these on the shelf but not the Ideal Bar. I'm not sure I am that good a person. They were expensive, but worth every penny. There is a Facebook page called Bring Back The Ideal Bar! It seems like the best things are often inexplicably taken away or discontinued. Thanks a bunch, Nabisco. Those fond memories and feeling like a kid again. They were FAR BETTER than ANY peanut cookie and/or candy bar available today, INCLUDING the Nutter Butter cookies you make today. I have wanted these cookies for decades. If anyone is lucky enough to live somewhere close to a Trader Joe's, then you need to go and buy their Chocolate Covered Peanut Butter Pretzels!! Great to share a wonderful memory of my childhood. I used to buy Ideal cookies when I lived in Wisconsin. More of a cookie than a cracker, these treats were discontinued in 2016. He was amazed that I knew what he was asking. Thanks, Mark. I guess it was supposedly the heat that they stopped manufacturing these cookies. They were my absolute fav cookie and I can almost taste one! The Best Cookie Ever Made, Please Someone Make Them Again, Are Give Me The Recipe And I Will Make Them My Self.. My absolute favorite store-bought cookie EVER!!! What could be better. My friends and I have been trying to figure out what it was called! I am so happy to hear that I am not alone in my love of Ideal Bars. Bring 'em back Nabisco it's time!!! I can't stop checking. These were the BEST cookies EVER!! Maybe if everyone emails Nabisco, they'll bring our favorite cookie back. Family-run for more than a century, this pizzeria makes a unique mustard pie. We ate alot of Ideal cookies back in the day. It seems like we ought to be able to recreate a recipe - anyone? Good times. I still think about them. I remember these and still desire them! I have been longing for these cookies and although I could not currently eat them like I did when I was young, I would keep them on hand to eat a few daily. We have so many fancy specialty items available (specialty beers; wines; whiskeys; cheeses; music; tuna; ice cream (Ben & Jerry's); candy; etc.) One of my sisters used to buy them and lock them up un her room. The rest, as they say, is history. I was told way back in the 70's also that they quit making them during the warm months.. and then never started making them again one year. PLEASE Nabisco!!!! We need to bring thse back. Under the Jewish dietary laws of kosher, pigs, the source of lard, are a forbidden food. Nabisco if you arent going to bring back the Ideal Cookie, then sell the Cookie recipe and rights to some company that will. They were the best with a cup of coffee!!!! How do we get to it? I also have food pages for the 80s and 90s. )which got me thinking again about the best cookie ever, IDEAL! If someone else beats you to the punch, it's your loss, and our gain. Oreo's and Chips Ahoy are SHELF SPACE HOGS. Where can you find these cookies ? A mouse got into the cupboard and ate one bite from each cookie -- I would happily still have eaten them all, but the counselors made me throw them out --I still get sad thinking about it!! I would love to have them again. we both started laughing when we realized how much we both wanted them!

Average Mlb Pitch Speed In 1920, Bale Salary Per Week 2021, Articles W

why did nabisco stop making ideal cookies?