world record grizzly bear killed with 22

Posted by & filed under multi directional ceiling vents bunnings.

Ready for an Eco-River Adventure? Proving the old adage that shot placement is more important than caliber. Here is a close up of the rifle. He says, just because you only have [place name of perceived under gun here], doesnt mean you necessarily have to curl up and die. The article showed numerous bear skulls with the small holes in them. I recall buying longs in the middle 1960s from a gas station. It wouldnt be the first choice for hunting large game, but nevertheless the lowly .22 can be seriously deadly in the hands of a moderately good shot. An educated guess is a square size between 9 and 10 feet, considering shrinkage of tanned hides, and estimating the position of the tail from the picture. 13. "At some point, a bear had dragged him down to the river," Lt. Cmdr. Grizzly 399 (born 1996) is a grizzly bear inhabiting Grand Teton National Park and Bridger-Teton National Forest.She is followed by as many as 40 wildlife photographers, and millions of tourists come to the Greater Yellowstone Ecosystem to see her and the other grizzly bears. Vimeo installs this cookie to collect tracking information by setting a unique ID to embed videos to the website. This bears skull was 16 9/16 long and 9 14/16 wide, for a total score of 26 7/16. Wooded terrain, especially on the edge of a cut, is complex, and wind eddies are unpredictable. A cookie set by YouTube to measure bandwidth that determines whether the user gets the new or old player interface. Let's take a little trip back in firearms history to 1953. The bear was very close, only a few yards away. In the top picture by Engler, the rifle is missing the bolt. If I ever find anymore longs Ill put it in as my new self defense weapon. 67. . May 10, 1957, she killed a massive grizzly bear with her Cooey Ace #1 .22. I have to believe that somebody with only a single-shot would not have taken a shot at a bear that size if the situation wasnt desperate, head shot or no. And that it was on the cut line, the forestry cut line outside of town. I was 15 years old , healthy ,nimble , fast and very lucky . some few years ago i came across a blog that told of an Inuit grandmother taking down a brown bear that was trying to claw its way into her cabin (seems ineffectually). It did not qualify for Pope and Young because Debias used a Lumenok on his arrow. Bella Twin had her beat up .22 single shot Cooey Ace 1 with her. One was that they tracked the bear. It appears to be an inexpensive "boys". I own cooey ace1 my self ans let me tell you that is an accurate 22 caliber for its size. Every time the Buffalo went by, he put a 22 into it. A 700-pound black bear killed by bow on private land in Morris County, N.J., last year has set a world record for North American black bear, besting a mark set in 1993, according to the Pope and Young Club, a national bowhunting organization. There were numerous accounts in National Geographic several years ago that told of Alaskan natives who would bait polar bears to a small mound of snow. If the bear had stood up near her, its head would have been nine feet in the air. This picture should be in the photo caption contest on Friday. One of the largest grizzlies I have ever heard of was killed by an Indian woman with one shot from an old single-shot .22 Stevens rifle.. Amazing story. Copyright 2023 Leon Pantenburg, All Rights Reserved, Survival Common Sense Blog | Emergency Preparedness, World record grizzly killed with a .22 caliber rifle, https://survivalcommonsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/01/Bella-Twin-is-shown-with-the-hide-from-the-world-record-grizzly-bear-312x400.jpg, https://survivalcommonsense.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/03/22-Long-Rifle-474x400.jpg. Note that a .22 long has about 10% more power than a .22 high velocity short, and a good bit less than a .22 long rifle cartridge. he has said the gun is (in his words) in deplorable condition as BellaRead more . Or nightmares, depending on your perspective. I have had a few friends ask me who do you think you would hurt with that little thing, and I always say it will kill you just as dead as if I shot you with a cannon. Grizzly bears are protected in Idaho by state and federal law. Immediately, the hugh bear began to show hostility. Seriously? It did not qualify for Pope and Young because Debias used a Lumenok on his arrow. In the spring of 2012, Alaska Fish and Game announced that hunting grizzlies over bait would be legal the following year in the game unit we hunt. The largest Grizzly bear skull on record was not taken by a hunter, but was found dead near Lone Mountain, Alaska by Gordon Scott in 1976. I would love to see .22 Plinkster recreate that shot. It was all a blur, but I watched my arrow bury itself up to the vanes behind his shoulder, pushing the Grizzly single-bevel broadhead out in front of the opposite shoulder. But the bear came much too close, and when the big boar was only a few yards away, Bella Twin shot him in the side of the head with a .22 Long cartridge. Mathews Halon, GrizzlyStik Momentum arrows, and Massai 200 broadheads. The closer you get to the story the more interesting it gets. I got a .22 revolver that will shoot shorts, longs, long rifles and mags. I suspect that she was tracking the bear in her sights. You can find many more of Larry Loyies books here: http://firstnationswriter.com. She aimed at the weakest point in the side of the skull and fired her Cooey, loaded with a single round of .22 Long. His huge front paws were raised high. Voss got off two shots with his .270 that proved fatal to the bear, but the grizzly bit Voss about the head - they usually go for the head - and killed him. "the big brown bear came lolloping over the mountain", FreeRepublic.com is powered by software copyright 2000-2008 John Robinson. Arizona -(Ammoland.com)-In this famous photograph by Bruno Engler, Bella Twin is shown with the hide from the world record grizzly bear that she shot in 1953 with a single shot .22 rifle. I have read of at least two other cases where grizzly bears were killed with .22 rifles. But her bear wasnt the first giant grizzly to put the town of Slave Lake on the map. Winds make a lot of noise in the woods, and they can blow your scent away from game. The long would have fired a 29 grain bullet at 1240 feet per second. And the second thing was that people said it wasn't her that shot the bear. The Argument Against the Argument Against Silencers, Jeff Knoxs Letter to the NRA Re: Rules Changes, Get Ready for the Invasion of Canadian Feral Super Pigs, NM Gov. YouTube sets this cookie via embedded youtube-videos and registers anonymous statistical data. A very neat skull to have, It has been a conversation piece for years! In 1985, a fine 27-incher (total skull measurement) fell to a .270 in the hands of Roger Pentecost of Peachland, BC. Hunter Jeff Melillo shot the bear in Morris County on Oct. 14 topping a record set in 1993 by a hunter in California, according to a statement from the Pope and Young Club bow-hunting and. It was too early. It is worth noting that grizzly bear populations in Alberta are well on their way to being recovered and at some point in the future, if we can sort the facts from the politics and emotion, we may well have a chance to hunt bears as big as Bella Twins. His dog and a griz got into a tangle, and he kept plugging away at the bears head with his .22 and shorts. The day was close to 16 hours long at Slave Lake on 10 May, 1953. Most of the time, the tool used is the farmers .22 rifle. It's very possible that she threw down a little pack or something that they were carrying. The wind was from the NE, at 12 to 24 mph. The hide has been tanned. Blogs and websites claimed the Hinchinbrook Island bear stood 12 1/2 feet tall on it's hind legs. Grisham: Forest Service is Failing New Mexicans in Decision to Shoot Feral Cows in Gila Wilderness, Armed Self-Defense Chronicles: When a Detroit Doctor Defended Himself and His Family Against a Racist Mob. 165. The recently resurrected debate over Bella Twin, the woman who was reported to have taken down a grizzly with nothing but a .22 rifle. I read a story about a guy in Africa in the early 1900s hunting Cape Buffalo. The 39-year-old, who has not yet been identified, was found dead in an area north of Durango on. A hunter in Alaska has been credited with killing a record grizzly bear, according to Boone and Crockett Club officials. The .22 caliber rimfire cartridge is the classic beginner round. I wonder if she had to change shorts?????????? p. 276, More Bear Tales My education on the ease of grizzly baiting involved night after night of sitting in a stand, waiting for bears my trail cams told me were in the neighborhood but that never showed up. Bella Twin was a calm, quiet, clear-headed Cree woman with a trap line. British Columbia, that a hunter has killed what may be the largest grizzly bear ever shot. A new world record, the story said. Another story of a woman surviving a grizzly attack using a .22, this time with a Baretta .22 pistol. They would not have gone and challenged the biggest grizzly in North America. But is the diminutive cartridge good for anything but small game hunting and plinking? Stent seems to have one of the best descriptions of the event on the Internet. My pulse quickened at the realization that I very well might be getting a chance at what I had come to think of as my bear. The bear's skull measured 27 6/16, making it the largest grizzly taken by a hunter ever recorded. For a while, I thought it might be a Tobin, but it clearly is not. If she saw a grizzly coming toward her, she would run like the wind in the opposite direction. I had experienced the greatest adventure of my life while spending two weeks with my friends in the Alaskan bush. Bella Twin thought it was less risk to shoot rather than not shoot. All killed with 45 acp 230 ball ammo. It was a story that myself and all my cousins were told as little kids growing up in Slave Lake. It was used to scale the estimate. He enjoys sharing common sense tips for anyone to survive an urban or wilderness emergency, or natural disaster. A large hungry grizzly is not to be played with a .22lr. Bella Twin was a calm, quiet, clear-headed Cree woman with a trap line. Mr.Carr next time one of your friends asks you who your .22lr could possible hurt, ask them how much they would like to eat one inside 7 yards haha. After all the nights Id laid awake dreaming of getting that big bear with my recurve, I would finally be able to try. Google DoubleClick IDE cookies are used to store information about how the user uses the website to present them with relevant ads and according to the user profile. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. Author Larry Loyie, Bellas grandson, was proud of his grandmother. Provided by Google Tag Manager to experiment advertisement efficiency of websites using their services. Bella Twin is show with the world record grizzly she killed with her single shot .22 rifle. Set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin, this cookie is used to record the user consent for the cookies in the "Advertisement" category . Youtube - Track the views of embedded videos. YouTube - Store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. Reinhold, a well-known hunting guide, learned that he had shot the biggest grizzly in North America. It moved on to the Reynolds Museum in Wetaskiwin, opened in 1955 by Stanley Reynolds. And on butchering day, the tool used to euthanize a hog or steer was a .22 rifle. But thats what happened on May 10, 1953. His older brothers name was Samuel. Here are Five reasons to own a .22 rifle). Not a chance. Notify me of follow-up comments by email. It scored 27 13/16. You can see the exit hole on the right side. The guy was in the tree all night. The big bruin, taken in 2013 near Fairbanks, Alaska, by Larry Fitzgerald of Fairbanks. "Death in the Long Grass" author, Peter Hathaway Capstick, claimed he once killed an elephant on a bet with a .22 LR. posters and do not necessarily represent the opinion of Free Republic or its I also didnt realize how luck I was to be able to get an arrow in him. I had undoubtedly taken one of the largest interior grizzly bears in the world, ironically, with my Bears Paw recurve and Grizzly broadheads. Larry said, honestly if you saw the giant Grizzly like that, you would never go tracking it if you were any kind of a hunter because it would kill you. On 10 May, 1953, a front was passing through Slave Lake, a village on the South shore of Lesser Slave Lake in Alberta, Canada. The _ga cookie, installed by Google Analytics, calculates visitor, session and campaign data and also keeps track of site usage for the site's analytics report. While the grizzly was a world record the method of shooting Polar and Grizzly bears is not uncommon. Wrong, he said. ALl I know is lots of people have been killed by .22s. She was probably under five feet tall. 203 1/8. Bella was technically Larrys great aunt, Kokum to Larry. I quickly found out that this was anything but true. She aimed at the weakest point in the side of the skull and fired her Cooey, loaded with a single round of .22 Long. He piled up within seconds, after covering only 30 yards. My father and others observing the event said that at one point I could have patted the bear on the nose . Foil wrap campfire cooking | Make easy, tasty meals for outdoor energy. It was a very accurate little shooter, & accounted for many sparrows, starlings, & not a few squirrels. It stands as the second-largest ever killed. Brian Park took this number one SCI ranked common grizzly bear by a black powder hunter in August, 2005, while hunting Alaska's Game Management Unit 24. The Bear was reported to be shot with a .22 Long. Redirecting to /1803246/alaskan-bags-world-record-grizzly/ (308) In 1953, the likelihood of a trapper using Long Rifle .22 rimfire ammunition while trapping, was, well, lets say, unlikely. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. With a skull measuring 27 and 6/16 inches, this is the biggest grizzly bear ever killed by a hunter in the Boone & Crockett record book. Yep. During the ride out, listening to the hum of the two-stroke, I reflected on the amazing experience, replaying it in my head. Another story was that they saw the bear coming towards them. Which begs the question: Why arent more bird hunters using them? They didnt believe that a tiny Cree lady could kill a giant grizzly with a single bullet from a .22, held together with chicken wire, Larry recalled. Im a firm believer that some of our hunting memories can only be truly appreciated in time. Never used anything but a .22 on and butchered animal from a 200lb roasting pig to a 2500 +lb beef.One shot into the brain =goodnight, Very interesting story about shooting the bear. A Franco-Canadian man died after being attacked by a grizzly bear in a remote area of Canada last week, police announced on Monday. It was a big bear, no doubt. The Buffalo waited for him to come down. Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. In fact, a .22 LRbullet is easily capable of killing or injuring humans. I live in Lesser Slave Lake and this is a story that can be confirmed by many townspeople that have lived here since before 1950. The world-record skull was found by a hiker in 1976, and is just 7/16ths of an inch larger. You have entered an incorrect email address! Bella Twins bear rifle was a .22 caliber single shot Cooey Ace 1. This cookie, set by YouTube, registers a unique ID to store data on what videos from YouTube the user has seen. My father owned a Cooey and, as I recall, his would not take a 22 long rifle. It took 60 rounds form a 22 to kill a black bear here in Colorado. The grizzly towered over them, grunting and snorting. Even on a buff, the eyes are vulnerable to a .22. They had a big rifle as a backup. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Some of the data that are collected include the number of visitors, their source, and the pages they visit anonymously. It fell 7/16 of an inch short of the current overall Boone & Crockett record grizzly bear--a skull found in Alaska back in 1976 that measured 27 and 13/16 inches. They were walking a cutline that had been made for oil exploration when they saw a large grizzly following the same survey line toward them. The Cooey Ace 1 is 33 inches long. It dropped dead just a few feet from him. The world's record Alaska brown bear ( Ursos arctos middendorffi) scored 30 12/16 and . Bella Twin killed that World Record Grizzly Bear in 1953 using 22 Long (not Long Rifle) cartridges. He has degrees in meteorology and mining engineering, and recently retired from the Department of Defense after a 30 year career in Army Research, Development, Testing, and Evaluation. or Dominion High Velocity cartridges. The elders also said that to run from a grizzly was certain death., When students asked him about the bear, Larry told them this was probably what took place. This is no reflection on the .270. With facts like this about this entire thing how can you believe any of it ? My Uncle Arthur, his Father also named Arthur. Early 1960s, North Fork of the the Flathead river in Montana, .22 H&R 9 shot revolver, grizzly bear. He was working at the time as a Kenyan government hunter culling herds that were over-grazing and rampaging through villages. Just $1 per month , The author takes one of the largest archery grizzly bears of all time with a recurve bow, By Fern Spaulding Rivers did shoot a trophy Brown Bear but it was not a world record. She hid among the stores stock with the .22 single shot bolt action; and while he was literally gnawing through cans of food, she slipped the gun over the isle for him to gnaw on. It weighed 1200 pounds at the time of its death. From its relatively quiet approach, I assumed it was one of the black bears; every time it made a noise, the grizzly would look in that direction and become more and more agitated. Lawrence knew from the elders that this was a bad sign. The Moose would trot 40-50yds and fall dead. That grizzly managed to singlehandely steal an Elk carcass from an entire wolf pack. The __qca cookie is associated with Quantcast. Each piece has great meaning to me. Julien Gauthier, a 44-year-old musician, was surprised by the . Bella knew animal anatomy very well. It was reported to be about 30 feet away and moving toward them, and apparently Twin thought she and Auger were in danger. He weighed close to 1,089 kg (2,400 lb) one year before his death. doubleclick.net - browser supports cookies. Peter Capstick wrote in one of his African books about 2 young men taking a bull elephant with a .22 long rifle. The few times Ive seen big grizzlies on a bait in person, they were as spooky as the wariest whitetail; if they smell you, you will never know they were there. The time stamp on the photo indicated that he had come in at 3 a.m. Taking the new World Record brown bear with my bow was just a bonus. More penetration than some common pistol rounds. Mr. Debias' grizzly bear has an initial entry score that is a whopping full inch larger than the existing World's Record. This was the first time he had hit the bait, so I figured the chances were good that he would be back at least once more. Lucky for her, her tactics worked. Some of my most exciting have happened while hunting black bears over bait. It probably never occurred to her that the performance of the round is considered an almost ridiculous mismatch against her oppressor. The photograph there might show better details, and the skull photograph may be in that book as well. Advertisement cookies are used to provide visitors with relevant ads and marketing campaigns. I could not forget this bear. MOUNTAIN LION. That record was in place for some time. But that women sure got big Balls. Over the past several years, the area where my hunting buddies and I bait black bears has become overrun with grizzlies. Perhaps the most notable recurve-killed bear of all time was the behemoth brown that Fred Bear shot in 1962 (right). I carry a small 22 in my pocket all the time. After some pictures, we started skinning at 2:30 a.m. We finally got all of the meat and the hundred-pound hide loaded into my river boat at 7:30, with little room or energy to spare. From Grizzly Guns by H.V. The test_cookie is set by doubleclick.net and is used to determine if the user's browser supports cookies. A hunter in Alaska has been credited with killing a record grizzly bear, according to Boone and Crockett Club officials. The bear charged the worker, who shot it with the .22 revolver. We could hear the grizzly breathing before we could see him, and by the time he walked into view, I felt like my heart was going to explode. Englers photo, above, cuts off the bottom and sides of the hide, but we can estimate what the bear hide measurement would be. We climbed into our treestands at about 10:30 p.m., just as the woods were settling down for the evening. Larry wrote his version of the grizzly adventure in As Long as the Rivers Flow. The rifle and the Grizzlies hide are both currently in storage at the Royal Alberta Museum in Edmonton (as of current date March 2017) Before that they where in long term storage at the Reynolds Alberta Museum. 1 hit from that counts more than 6 misses with a 500S&W mag or 17 misses with an ugly Glock. Although I have killed several more grizzlies in the following years, nothing comes close this bear. The skull, used as a measurement, is housed in a small museum on the Eben-Ebenau homestead. These cookies track visitors across websites and collect information to provide customized ads. They would run like hell. I was both ecstatic and nervous at hearing this, for the flats along the south side of the Tanana River that hold the Kantishna, Toklat, Teklanika, and Nenana tributaries are prime grizzly real estate. It took me many years to realize that Ill likely never see an interior Alaska black bear to match it. Hard to get more Canadian than that. We dont know what time of day the bear was shot. One of the bullets made its way completely through the skull and exited the other side. It was good that the weather was cool. She and her husband were hiking through the woods, when they came upon a mother grizzly with a cub. Ive been charged by a sow with cubs and have had bears huff at me from the brush as I walked to my stand. I know of 10 other 45 acp grizzy DLP kills. Almost my entire family (military vets included) carries a .22lr. . I believe IT is possible to kill a big Bear with that type of riffle. His dad paid $15 for it. 26 03/16. And after they quarter you, they go all Pulp Fiction medieval on your ass. He told the story to illustrate that the 22 we were shooting with was not a toy and could be as lethal. The Rifle used by Bella Twin is a Cooey Ace 1. The Buffalo was gone next morning. He observed, Bella was a good hunter, he said. I have a cousin in Canada that as a guide would secure a cow Moose for camp meat every year with .22 three shots pop pop pop behind the shoulder. Such a shot resulted in instantaneous, humane death. A .22 rifle can be an important part of any prepper/survival gear. This grizzly meant a lot to me at the time, but it means even more to me now. Photos of a giant bear killed in Alaska first surfaced on a message board in 2004. | This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I wore clothing from Sitka Gear and carried a Stone . These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. Larry died April 8, 2016, but he left behind a legacy of wonderful stories, some of which are in the process of being published by his loving wife Constance Brissenden, who is honoring him with a post-humous publication of his work. 2017 by Dean Weingarten: Permission to share is granted when this notice and link are included. 140. That was near Slave Lake, Alberta, and the bear Twin killed turned out to be a world record that stood for a good long time. I'm also pretty sure the record brown bear fell to a 30/06.I guess these folks were not scared of bears like many internet posters.. She was probably behind a brush pile from the cut, or a tree. 170. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. In the book, Bella is surprised by the bear that suddenly rises above them in the bush, arms raised high. Ill add one more speculation. When you live and spend a lot of time hunting in Alaska, your odds of eventually having an encounter with a grizzly drift more toward the guaranteed end of the spectrum. Which only goes to show that in an emergency, strange things are possible, but who wants that kind of emergency? They were walking a cutline that had been made for oil exploration when they saw a large grizzly following the same survey line toward them. The grizzlies, however, were not so cooperative. In the right hands the little cartridge can be deadly. She has a very solid grip as if Shannon Watts is off camera ready to snatch it from her hands. It's still a really interesting story. I would NOT be out there with just a .22lr or worse, unarmed, period. The very idea of shooting grizzly bears with the bow and arrow strikes most people as so absurd that they laugh at the mention of it. Saxton Pope, 1923. Installed by Google Analytics, _gid cookie stores information on how visitors use a website, while also creating an analytics report of the website's performance. It was taken in Unalakleet, Alaska in 2004 by Dennis Dunn. If Twin would have seen the bear, she would have turned and carefully exitedhad she had the chance. Seeing that bear had an unexplainable effect on me, and a few months later, I got a tattoo of his left front paw print on my shoulder. And I had a large boar walk to within 3 feet of my rifle muzzle. A trapper neither needed nor wanted the extra velocity of the Long Rife rimfire rounds for two reasons: undamaged pelts bring a premium dollar, and .22 Long Rife rounds were more expensivejust speculating here. /S. Pure serendipity. Potential WORLD RECORD GRIZZLY Hunt Anything And Everything Outdoors 8.93K subscribers Subscribe 1.7M views 1 year ago The hunt of a lifetime chasing big mountain grizzly. Subscribe to OL+ for our best feature stories and photography. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Theres a reason these bears get so big. The man-eating monster Alaska bear that refuses to die in cyberspace was shot in fall 2001 on Prince William Sound's Hinchinbrook Island by a then-22-year-old airman from Eielson Air Force Base . This one is priceless, because of its provenance. Stent: Bella Twin, an Indian girl, and her friend Dave Auger were hunting grouse near Lesser Slave Lake in northern Alberta. The big bear was still alive so the hunter reloaded and shot it several times in the head. I would not shoot a bear with a 22 because it might must make him mad and then what would I do? One of them was an absolute monster, and one evening I got a glimpse of him in person. I was told the Eskimos and native Indians use the single shot 22lr riffle to kill the big bears like this because of a natural trait the bears have of standing on their hind legs when they attack, growling and opening their mouths. There has been a lot of speculation over the intervening years about what exactly happened that day there on the trapline. We heard his last breaths as he expired, and I sat there in awe, still pumped full of adrenalineastonished but grinning from ear to ear. YouTube sets this cookie to store the video preferences of the user using embedded YouTube video. The account of the incident appeared in a popular book, "Book of a Hundred Bears" published in 1909 by F.D. A freakin 22: The 1953 World record grizzly killed by a woman with a .22 has been known for decades. At that point the hunter, at very close range, shoots the bear in the roof of the mouth and the bullet goes right into the brain and kills the bear instantly, they hope. I'm glad it killed the bear, however, That had to be a very sick feeling to realize that your life depended on a single shot 22, long at that! Either this little girl or old lady sure got lucky (assuming this story is even true) shooting this huge ass bear dead with a 22,which I doubt. They said the couple saw the bear coming along the cutline and waited until it was close enough to shoot it.. Larry wrote: Without warning, a giant grizzly reared up before them on the trail. Ive neverRead more , I doubt that a 22 rimfire shot will kill if the bullet strike the skull BUT A SHOT INTO THE BRAIN will kill. The natives were hiding behind the mound. Dean Weingarten has been a peace officer, a military officer, was on the University of Wisconsin Pistol Team for four years, and was first certified to teach firearms safety in 1973. Another collector purchased the bear skull and had it sent in for measurement, which is how it made the record books. Yep, thousands of people killed with 22 rimfire. I was hunting two locations, and after spending a fruitless night in one stand that had just been hit by two nice bears, I headed downriver to check the other bait. Explore the Big Waters of the Mighty Mississippi, Review: Kuru Quest boots fill fashion and work needs, Hunt with a flintlock rifle, then make squirrel mulligan stew, Video: Try this easy way to make effective survival firestarter, Review: Preppers Long-Term Survival Guide by Jim Cobb, Five things to know about hunting and eating snakes, Five tips for keeping your feet warm in cold weather.

Who Appointed Judge Barry A Schwartz, Vermont Big Buck Club, List Of Barangays In Capas Tarlac, Articles W

world record grizzly bear killed with 22