what do ge refrigerator model numbers mean

Posted by & filed under Uncategorized.

In the case of some mobile phones and other mobile devices, the model number may be in the battery compartment. Do not use scouring pads, powdered cleaners, bleach or cleaners containing bleach because these products can scratch and weaken the paint finish. Many times you can see numbers 1 to 9 or 1 to 7 or 1 to 5 on the dial or slider, based on the make and model of the refrigerator. Serial Plate location between January 1984 and April 30, 1995. What do they define and what is the cold, color and coldest setting? process as easy as possible, you can search for your part by using: My appliance/equipment has multiple numbers on it. After adjusting, please wait for 12 to 24 hours for the temperature to become constant inside the refrigerator. For instance, Frigidaire color reference is the 10th digit in the model number and they have 16 letters that represent colors. It also makes your searching experience painless and customized to your needs. How do I know which one is my model number tag? Please refer to your Samsung local website for information on model … If our list of models doesn't contain your GE Refrigerator model number, call our Customer Service team at … To determine the age of your appliance, use your serial number (not model number) to find date of manufacture. be located on the tag, and will usually be labeled. The 2 letters at the beginning of the serial number tell you the month and year it was made. p6774y" is the model of the Hewlett Packard computer shown in the picture above. The manual/guide often includes several different models and may not specify which model is yours. Should you need to upload, just click the “Import your copy of this document” link in the form. Repair or Check = Clear the display by unplugging the refrigerator for 5 minutes and then plugging it back in. When the refrigerator reaches the optimum temperature, it will shut off the compressor. Some manufacturers will emboss a part number on these parts that would be Required fields are marked *. If you have items in your cart, they will be saved for your return. 1. The location of the serial number differs according to the appliance, but you can generally find it on the back or inside of a door or drawer. A part number is found on some individual parts Each brand has different designs that are separated by differing model numbers. Each brand varies slightly in terms of what their model numbers represent and the order in which they present them. part length, material, and color. Check our. This is separate from the actual model number tag. Appliance Type: Appliance Brand: When typing in the model number of the refrigerator or freezer, use only capital letters. Appliances’ model number usually starts with Letters followed by numbers. Most model numbers are located on a metal tag or sticker on your appliance, and contain a series of numbers, letters, and sometimes dashes. The model number is found on your appliance, on a metal tag or sticker. Model numbers can look different, depending on the brand. [ANSWERED] – ErrorFixIt. The partial number may help you narrow your search by providing a list of possible model numbers related to your search. When investing in an appliance that you use every day like a refrigerator, choosing a model from a brand that’s on the cutting edge of technology and design like LG means you’ll get the most stylish, feature-packed fridge possible. Learn more tips at http://www.geappliances.com. “E” means Ebony Black, “F” means Stainless Steel and “P” means Pearl White. This display panel helps you in knowing what temperature it is in the fridge and then you can know whether to decrease the temperature or increase the temperature. We refer to all parts by their PS number. Searching with a partial model number will not bring up the specific part you need, but it may help narrow down your search. If you have a microwave/oven combination, there may be a model number for each aspect of the appliance. GE does it this way to help confuse and befuddle you when you’re trying to find … My appliance has multiple stickers that contain numbers. may be completely different from your model number or might be incomplete versions of the model number. Leave a reply. The model number will not be located on this label, but may be near it. The model number tag isn’t visible, can I find my model number anywhere else? Once familiar with the codes, you can learn a lot about a particular TV just from glancing at its model code. Most refrigerator temperature settings are controlled with a dial or slider. They look the same, but do not be surprised if there are a few features that are different. You can usually search for a company's serial number explanation page online in order to figure out how to decode it. We hope that you are now able to read the numbers on Refrigerator Temperature Settings. To begin, you need to log into or create an account with PartSelect. Homeowners can fix a refrigerator that is not cooling by first unplugging the unit, and dusting the condenser coils using a coil cleaning brush. Please be aware of this when looking to purchase a second-hand appliance. Use our. Here are a few examples: What do I do if the model number is hard to reach or see? This is a quick reference guide on locating both model and serial number of your LG appliance. To make the search Many times you can see numbers 1 to 9 or 1 to 7 or 1 to 5 on the dial or slider, based on the make and model of the refrigerator. Normally the 0 number on the dial means that fridge is in the OFF state. You should keep the Fridge always full of food, so that temperature remains stable. Now that you have your model number you can begin to diagnose the problem. Your email address will not be published. L – indicates that this product is a LG refrigerator, in some countries also uses the letter G. F – indicates the type of refrigerator and the number of doors. What do the numbers in my model number mean? These codes aren't meant to be a secret — it just helps to keep the serial number simple. This may take a while. If it is a partial model number, you can use that number to type into the search box on the homepage, but this will Type your model number into our Model & Part Number Search Box at the top of the homepage and press “Search”. makes your searching experience painless and customized to your needs. All brand logos are trademarks of their respective owners. When an appliance purchase tax-free today, or you may need to upload a scanned copy of the form for verification by our team. They both use similar So what number on the refrigerator denotes the coldest? Self Diagnostics . you are looking for three different ways: My model number has worn off/is missing, how can I order parts for my appliance? Facebook Share Twitter Share Pinterest EMAIL Print; Email ; Copy Link; Share. Here we answer all these questions? A model number differentiates between a manufacturer's appliance models within the same category. With Avalara CertCapture, you can add your tax exemption certificates to your PartSelect account to purchase tax-free! Another number commonly found on the same tag/sticker is the series number. Which means LG fridge model number explained. Some of the common problems with GE refrigerators include the refrigerator is not cooling, the fridge is freezing food and the unit is making excessive noise. Many refrigerators have a Temperature setting dial which has numbers 1 to 9 or 1 to 7 etc depending on the type of fridge. Once you have located the correct part using your model number you can use our helpful repair videos to assist … Exterior, on the back of the control panel. These numbers You can also check articles on issues such as Freezer Frosting Up on our site. Ge Appliances By Model Number. Note that the below model codes refer to models sold in the UK. How to Determine the Age or Manufacture Date of a GE Appliance. has been identified as unrepairable by a warranty company or an authorized repair person, they will remove the model/serial sticker. Error occurred, please verify your email and try again. Your email address will not be published. Our team of experts has selected the best GE refrigerators out of hundreds of models. I have changed out the water … Our serial numbers begin with two letters followed by six numbers. HELPFUL HINT Some newer appliance model/serial tags have QR codes that can be scanned with your smart phone or tablet. Normally the Cold setting is based on the numbers and the higher the number the colder the temperature will be. I know how to find my model - its at Home D_pot at least. If you are one of the millions of victims who own GE appliances, then at some point you may need to know when they were manufactured. Finding my model number. For example, For 1 to 9 number, select 5 or from 1 to 7 number, select the number 4. tool on the. If you are confused on what settings need to be set, then simply select the middle number. In order for us to do this we need accurate model and serial number combinations to research for possible errors.Inside front face of the dryer compartment, on the left or right side (door open).Under lid, near the right hinge. The Thermostat is used to control the temperature settings on the refrigerator. Your model number tag may also contain other Exterior, bottom left corner. P6000 Series "model no. Home / Appliance Model Number Listings / General Electric Models GE page 1 GE page 2 GE page 3 GE page 4 GE page 5 GE page 6 GE page 7 GE page 8 GE page 9 GE page 10 GE page 11 GE page 12 GE page 13 GE page 14 GE page 15 GE page 16 GE page 17 GE page 18 GE page 19 GE page 20 GE page 21 GE page 22 GE page 23 GE page 24 GE page 25 GE page 26 GE page 27 GE page 28 GE page 29 GE page 30 GE … To ensure that you are fully satisfied and receive the part that you need, we highly recommend getting your model number using our. I have my model number, what is my next step? Refrigerator Temperature Settings. Examples of model numbers. If you are … F – 3 doors, freezer bottom; T – fridge with top freezer. Representative serial number systems exist for a lot of modern appliances, from the kitchen to the water heater in the basement. It is recommended that the refrigerator temperature should be below 40 degrees F. The optimum refrigerator temperature is at 37 degrees F. If the Refrigerator Temperature Settings on the control dial is making the temperature inside too cold or too warm, then use the thermometer to check the current temperature and then adjust the dial till you get the appropriate temperature. The most organized manufacturers with a large retail base will create slightly different model numbers for different distributors. It is most commonly found in the serial number (not the model number). We will notify you via The list will give the matching model numbers, its size, the year of manufacture, and the energy rating. It is the highest number which denotes the coldest setting and lowest means the warmer setting. [ANSWERED] | ErrorFixIt. On the interior ceiling. This video provides helpful tips to identify where the model number is located on a refrigerator. If you search that part number (if it is valid), this may bring up a list of relevant model numbers. It is also important when you are purchasing a used or second-hand appliance. Range model numbers WILL NOT end in a number proceeded by a P, such as 317b6641p001 as shown on the bottom of these range caution and warning labels. All rights reserved. Serial Plate location prior to January 1984. Locate model and serial numbers on LG Refrigerator Troubleshooting Refrigerators 10/09/2019. Common stickers/labels found on appliances. Affixed to each appliance is a serial number plate which can give you information about the age of the appliance. This will help you in doing the correct Refrigerator Temperature Settings. A part designed for any appliance other than yours may not fit or work properly in your appliance.

Rotorua Weather Forecast 30 Days, Scar Removal Near Me, Gibson Custom Shop Options, National Student Council Conference 2020, Lab Technician Certificate Format,

Leave a Reply